Poll: Should they extend DH's to other races?

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    No. No real reason anymore. Legion is defeated. There are remnants but there is no need to go to such drastic meassures anymore.

The line: "blablabl i have suffered blablabla" Doesn't come from nowhere.

The whole reason for DHs came out of pure desperation. No reason to destroy yourself anymore for it. So no new DHs. The ones exitsing are even from the time of BC NOT new.
    We don't even play new DHs. SO where the hell should they come from?
    DKs have been made new in the lore by Bolvar. Becuase DKs don't give a fuck about your feelings.
    No Demon Hunter would make you go down there path if there is no need for it. That is their whole shtik.
    Demons can still be a big enough threat for their own expansion years from now. There have been described ancient Demons that even the Burning Legion didn't want to deal with.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Demons can still be a big enough threat for their own expansion years from now. There have been described ancient Demons that even the Burning Legion didn't want to deal with.
    But they aren't now. So why would i go through extraordinary pain to counter something i don't know about for no reason whatsoever and possibly link my soul to the twisting nether. Making me a demon effectivly. Again: For no reason.
    The sacrifice DHs go through is not just a few tattoos. The basically doom themselves. No SL for you.

Yes. There is no reason why Ren'dorei can't be Demon Hunters. Void and Fel are not extremes, and thus they can be combined.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

But they aren't now. So why would i go through extraordinary pain to counter something i don't know about for no reason whatsoever and possibly link my soul to the twisting nether. Making me a demon effectivly. Again: For no reason.
    The sacrifice DHs go through is not just a few tattoos. The basically doom themselves. No SL for you.
    I don't mean making them available now, I'm talking about in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes. There is no reason why Ren'dorei can't be Demon Hunters. Void and Fel are not extremes, and thus they can be combined.
    Xhul'horac perfect example.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Technically the "lore" reason is that different races respond to Fel energies differently.

All the elemental powers - arcane, fel, fire, ice, shadow, etc - eventually have a physical effect on creatures that heavily use them.

So like an Orc couldn't really be a demon hunter because they tend to go berserker once they've been exposed to fel energies. There is a possibility of Draenei but they seem to instead just embody the fel itself and use it to empower their natural abilities and awaken their cruelty.

Also if a race requires an innate arcane infusion to stabilize the fel energies then that really just leaves Night Elves, Void Elves, High/Blood Elves and Nightfallen. The Zandalari and other trolls would lack the stabilizing influence of the arcane from the legacy of the well of eternity.

Although really it just comes down to if Blizz wants to.

Illidan was a xenophobic prick that only taught other xenophobes. So I don't see any other race becoming demon hunters purely because the Illidari are racist jerks that refuse to give away the secrets of the rituals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    There were not and are not any other demon hunter races in the lore. You cannot deny that, period.
    But that isn't because the lore stops it from happening. That it just because those are who Illidan trained at the time. You don't have to change the origin story in order to allow more races. They just start off after the origin point much like with Death Knights. The lore doesn't stop it from happening. It just says it hasn't happened yet with playable races.

So lore is not a reason why it can not happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do any classes go through anything when there is no threat? Because those people want to. If I remember correctly there is even a Pandaren monk npc that says he dreams of becoming a Demon Hunter. Master Cheng or something. Could it be saved for the a expansion that fits the theme better? Sure. But it doesn't have to.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Cyborg not robot lol.
    Character creation has full robot options for Mecha-gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Character creation has full robot options for Mecha-gnomes.
    No it doesn't. Legs and arms are mechanical. Torso and Head are organic. You can modify how much of a metal/mechanical look to the face and ears but it is never full metal. I just checked and couldn't make a full robot at character creation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It doesn't really make any sense, but I want undead DH's.....and while we're at it, undead Pally's, because reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why, they already have!
    We got the awesome

Murloc Demon Hunters..

Orc Demon Hunters..

..and even Naga Demon Hunters!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No it doesn't. Legs and arms are mechanical. Torso and Head are organic. You can modify how much of a metal/mechanical look to the face and ears but it is never full metal. I just checked and couldn't make a full robot at character creation.
    Until you get the Racial transmog and go full robot, including the "rotating cog going through your brain" helmet.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Every race should be allowed to play any class. The idea that not a single member of x could learn or do y is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like they couldn't re-write the whole DH starting area and make all the necessary retcons as to why there is now a gnome DH next to Illidan but I'm fairly certain they will not do that.
    Has it ever occurred to you they can make a new starting area? Are you aware allied race DKs have a different starting experience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gouging your eyes out and consuming a demon isnt really elven specific.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But that isn't because the lore stops it from happening. That it just because those are who Illidan trained at the time. You don't have to change the origin story in order to allow more races. They just start off after the origin point much like with Death Knights. The lore doesn't stop it from happening. It just says it hasn't happened yet with playable races.

So lore is not a reason why it can not happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do any classes go through anything when there is no threat? Because those people want to. If I remember correctly there is even a Pandaren monk npc that says he dreams of becoming a Demon Hunter. Master Cheng or something. Could it be saved for the a expansion that fits the theme better? Sure. But it doesn't have to.
    DH are specifically do figth demons with their own weapons. You don't just go somewhere take a glaive and suddenly yo are a DH.
    I know ingame they can fight everything and do fight everything. But lorewise i don't think it would make much sense sorry.

Do we even know if anyone can create new DHs other than Illidan? As we are all from the BC era handpicked by himself. I don't like the whole every race can do everything in the slightest. I think it just doesn't fit with any of the other races. Voidelves maybe. But even that si a stretch as they have to figth to keep their sanity with the void stuff allready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise, any race can be demon hunter
    While in lore, any race can become a demon hunter, in World of Warcraft: Legion, the demon hunter class is only available to night elves and blood elves.
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Demon_Hunter
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by NecroVane View Post
    The bigger liminting factor for DH is the number of unique animations they have that would need to be created for other races, including demon form and the like. Blizzard is lazy as hell at the best of times, they wouldn't waste that kind of effort when they could be spending it on a store mount or something.
    Exactly this.

15+ Year Old Account
    DH are specifically do figth demons with their own weapons. You don't just go somewhere take a glaive and suddenly yo are a DH.
    I know ingame they can fight everything and do fight everything. But lorewise i don't think it would make much sense sorry. Do we even know if anyone can create new DHs other than Illidan? As we are all from the BC era handpicked by himself. I don't like the whole every race can do everything in the slightest. I think it just doesn't fit with any of the other races. Voidelves maybe. But even that si a stretch as they have to figth to keep their sanity with the void stuff allready.
    Anyone can train to become a Demon Hunter. Point to one part of lore that says there is something special about Night Elves or Blood Elves that only they can become a demon hunter. Illidan is not required to create demon hunters. How do you think they trained and advanced their ranks when he was dead for part of Legion?

Not going to happen.

Firstly, lore reasons.
    There are no other demon hunter races in the lore, period. You cannot twist that part no matter how much you want to.
    i'm sure if you look around you can find examples of non elves surviving/resisting a demonic possession or w/e. games too big for that to never have happened. heck medivh was technically a demon hunter wasn't he?

also DH lore is pretty much "the ends justify the means" so no twisting needed, if they think an orc DH is needed for something, they would just do it.

Additionally, unless they literally make a 3rd Burning Legion expansion (which they won't as the BL is done) there would be literally NO lore reason to create more demon hunters.
    dreadlords seem to play a big part in shadowlands. dreadlords are demon. BUT OH SHIT, turns out they are SPECIAL demons, and only the fury of an orc heart can kill them! or only the light infused draenei can resist a demon strong enough to beat them! or this or that, takes 2 seconds to come up with a lore justification.

but yeah don't really see them lessening the restrictions for a couple more years either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you they can make a new starting area? Are you aware allied race DKs have a different starting experience?
    Has it ever occured to you that making allied races DK's took like literally zero developement time?

First off, you need dead people.
    Check.
    Secondly, you need a Lich King to raise them.
    Check.
    Boom you have new DK's.

Mechanically, adding the DK eye-glow is all that is needed to turn a race into a DK. Everything else is given.
    Their starting zone is literally just the top of ICC with zero changes.

DH's would take much more work to justify both lore-wise and gameplay-wise (models, animations whatever).

You can argue all day, it is more likely that we will get a new class before they would allow other races to be DH's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i'm sure if you look around you can find examples of non elves surviving/resisting a demonic possession or w/e. games too big for that to never have happened. heck medivh was technically a demon hunter wasn't he?

also DH lore is pretty much "the ends justify the means" so no twisting needed, if they think an orc DH is needed for something, they would just do it.

dreadlords seem to play a big part in shadowlands. dreadlords are demon. BUT OH SHIT, turns out they are SPECIAL demons, and only the fury of an orc heart can kill them! or only the light infused draenei can resist a demon strong enough to beat them! or this or that, takes 2 seconds to come up with a lore justification.

but yeah don't really see them lessening the restrictions for a couple more years either way.
    You don't get it.

You will need much more lore justification for other races to be DH's than "oh, well, why not, sub-plot Z will do it".
    Making other races into DH's would need actual developement to be invested into making models/animations. That developement could literally be spent on literally anything else that is not re-making the same class for orcs or whatever races.

For that to happen there needs to be a massive lore reason as to why these races NEED to be Dh's in the first place, as if this is not part of the story why would they waste time including it in the first place.

These go hand in hand. As I said, DK's are easy to port over to other races, it's literally just adding the voice effect and eye glow.

DH's had a whole expansion dedicated to them, obviously they will not be a major part of Shadowlands where we literally face death, not demons.