Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A 1%, hell even a 5% difference in damage won't account enough for 99% of players to have to choose something they don't want, you'll nearly always do better playing something you enjoy than something you feel forced to. And for the 1% it actually matters on, they make the choice to be forced into tight restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Balance Druid - Necrolord (lol)
    Boomkin DoTs were buffed enough that Necrolord IS good for Single target. It is absolute useless trash for multitarget, so Boomkins must go Venthyr instead, which is usable in every situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    Unless the result effectivness is huge like 5% difference Im going to choose covenant which
    suits my gamestyle the most.
    Welcome to Druid, where the Covenant I want to pick is 10% DPS loss over the Covenant I have to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    A 1%, hell even a 5% difference in damage won't account enough for 99% of players to have to choose something they don't want, you'll nearly always do better playing something you enjoy than something you feel forced to. And for the 1% it actually matters on, they make the choice to be forced into tight restrictions.
    The problem with this logic is that it always has ended up dictating what people played and it looks to be far larger then 5% most classes are still surpassing the 30% mark with roughly two weeks left to go.

Classic talent tress, glyphs, reforging, all of these systems where scrapped because since vanilla the vast majority of players picked what was "best".

It is why I personally am not a fan of this system. All it is going to accomplish at the end of the day is create a new mod to filter people and further divide highend players into separate camps. One for those with raiding covenants, one for those with pvp covenants, and one for those with mythic+ and god help you if you want to play more then one spec a tier.

I think people shouldn't make this so much of a big deaL

For those that aim at the highest content it will matter and might become an issue when it comes to "useful but only in that context" scenarios. But we know top racers already take their classes and spec based on performance, this is an added layer to a minority that already play using the rule of "optimization is more important than personnal preference because the main desire is the result".

Now there are way more player (than the category above) that do like to feel optimized but do also prefer to play something they like and it is a harder choice to make...
    I did fit in that category. Trying to up my game, never being a burden and trying to help my fellow guildmates the best I can.
    After many years of raid leading, of accepting lower performing member in the guild and still have progress because we had a bunch of excellent player that grew tired of the competition and try to relax.

I grew tired of doing 100% all the time and with time it became more of a burden. Also comparing logs to reality I noticed over the years something obvious. Optimization is obviously a thing, some class with some build tends to outperform, however the best classes and their build are outfitted for some players.

Myself as a WW monk (my second spec) has difficulties optimizing my dps with the optimal build because of the many added abilities being an hassle and found out I was performing better without a few extra buttons and have more mental space for keeping up with what is happening. Playing since Vanilla and raid leader for a while now I tend to appreciate the players that sticks to their gut and play unusual classes/spec because they might actually perform well.
    The trick is believing that the top class mean the top efficiency. It is true to the very best and the most dedicated, but to a lot of player it does not work.

In a non-overcompetitive or toxic guild, I would consider the choice that make you feel ok, may it be optimization, aesthetic or the fun you can get.
    In a pug environement, I highly doubt people will track your covenant choices for , they hardly track your spec. Most often than not it's the rule of "what you can get / ilvl / xp" that get over the knowledge of the meta for 144 combinaison with a small change. People did not take into account your azerite trait or essence power before after all.

I do not say the choice is easy it is not. But when it comes to long term, pick a covenant you are ok with rather than a covenant you feel pressured to take. The frustration is not worth the trade off.
    Last edited by Doronjo; 2020-11-07 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    I think people shouldn't make this so much of a big deaL

For those that aim at the highest content it will matter and might become an issue when it comes to "useful but only in that context" scenarios. But we know top racers already take their classes and spec based on performance, this is an added layer to a minority that already play using the rule of "optimization is more important than personnal preference because the main desire is the result".

Now there are way more player (than the category above) that do like to feel optimized but do also prefer to play something they like and it is a harder choice to make...
    I did fit in that category. Trying to up my game, never being a burden and trying to help my fellow guildmates the best I can.
    After many years of raid leading, of accepting lower performing member in the guild and still have progress because we had a bunch of excellent player that grew tired of the competition and try to relax.

I grew tired of doing 100% all the time and with time it became more of a burden. Also comparing logs to reality I noticed over the years something obvious. Optimization is obviously a thing, some class with some build tends to outperform, however the best classes and their build are outfitted for some players.

Myself as a WW monk (my second spec) has difficulties optimizing my dps with the optimal build because of the many added abilities being an hassle and found out I was performing better without a few extra buttons and have more mental space for keeping up with what is happening. Playing since Vanilla and raid leader for a while now I tend to appreciate the players that sticks to their gut and play unusual classes/spec because they might actually perform well.
    The trick is believing that the top class mean the top efficiency. It is true to the very best and the most dedicated, but to a lot of player it does not work.

In a non-overcompetitive or toxic guild, I would consider the choice that make you feel ok, may it be optimization, aesthetic or the fun you can get.
    In a pug environement, I highly doubt people will track your covenant choices for , they hardly track your spec. Most often than not it's the rule of "what you can get / ilvl / xp" that get over the knowledge of the meta for 144 combinaison with a small change. People did not take into account your azerite trait or essence power before after all.

I do not say the choice is easy it is not. But when it comes to long term, pick a covenant you are ok with rather than a covenant you feel pressured to take. The frustration is not worth the trade off.
    There has never been a time in the sixteen years of wow where people on mass choose to do worse at their class then others. You can go look its never happened beyond the very,very,very, early days of vanilla. There is always a right way and a wrong way to build a character its why the old talent trees were retired as everyone spend their talent points the exact same way. Its the same reason why glyphs were removed.

I grow weary of seeing the same lesson being taught again and again and still having people insist that somehow it will be different this time. They are kinda right it will be different without a way to respec you are going to need a different character for each level of highend content you want to do.

woot...