Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Given how easy is now to level up a gatherer and how small of a difference is to raid with gathering professions, i just see people basically farming and doing their stuff, which is how it should be for the majority of the time.

The major problem is exactly that because of multiboxers, people had an infinite supply of mats in AH. We will have higher prices and kess stuff available, but more people will just go and farm the stuff they need by themselves.

Really. It doesn't take any time to craft your flasks/food for the week. If you're into any decent guild, no matter your level of progress, it won't change anything to you. People is making this like it's "the savior coming down" and/or "the sky is falling". It's not going to be either of this.

One thing i'm happy about, is to see less flocks of herbalist druids stealing all the herbs. I'm herb/alch exactly because dealing with the AH and stupid people who don't get how it works is more painful than multiboxers. I like being one man army of alts.

I do not use multiboxing but, of course without they are going to prohibit the power to reflect the action that you perform with the main character, how are you supposed to use the other accounts if you have 7 or 8 more? They are going to lose a lot of money, I already am Seeing it coming, I would never play multiboxing this way, because the grace is to be able to reflect the actions in the other accounts ... blizzard, once again, does not think clearly.

Fantastic change, that's way wayyy long overdue. Better late than never though!

Saying that banning multiboxers will drive AH prices up is not totally correct. There is a much stronger correlation between the number of supplier and prices than between supply quantity and prices.
    It doesn't matter that the supply is up if there are very few suppliers. They will keep the price up, just like a cartel. With the same supply and even lower, prices could go down if the number of suppliers is large.
    We have seen that in BFA, where lots of time multibox farmers were keeping herbs prices up with flasks and pots becoming ultra expensive. It cannot be worse than that.
    So I prefer to see a variety of people selling smaller mats quantities (smaller supply per seller), the free market principles will work much better and the economy can be much more responsive to Blizz adjustments (for example, in case drop rates are too low, it's easier to identify this issue if the supply/demand has many sellers and many buyers, prices will truly reflect if there is an issue).
    Last edited by DeusX; 2020-11-04 at 09:33 AM.

I agree that Multiboxing hurts the overall game-world. But come on guys, Imagine you do something for 15(!) years and it's considered fine and then all of a sudden your way of playing is a bannable offense, these guys got royally screwed and their accounts are worthless to them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I agree that Multiboxing hurts the overall game-world. But come on guys, Imagine you do something for 15(!) years and it's considered fine and then all of a sudden your way of playing is a bannable offense, these guys got royally screwed and their accounts are worthless to them now.
    Well its not banned... so their accounts are fine. I have what i need ordered already will be set up by the weekend and fully inside the tos.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    I do not use multiboxing but, of course without they are going to prohibit the power to reflect the action that you perform with the main character, how are you supposed to use the other accounts if you have 7 or 8 more? They are going to lose a lot of money, I already am Seeing it coming, I would never play multiboxing this way, because the grace is to be able to reflect the actions in the other accounts ... blizzard, once again, does not think clearly.
    How many accounts are massive multiboxers? EU kazzak has one big one, few others with less accounts. You think they will lose more money from those few thousand multiboxers vs what tens of thousands of people who will buy wow token to be able to afford those herbs now? More tokens in the market will mean less gold value for it = more tokens bought again, where it will reach that sweet spot of the expansion in few months after launch. I had no herbalism in BfA at all. No mining either because the prices were really cheap and I was able to buy mats just from my daily stuff.

The damn whiners have done it. With their drama about a trifle, harmless multi-boxing is now banned. Great you envious people!

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    I don't think anyone has a problem with multi-boxing if the individual has to manually control every account individually. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Wondering when sub prices will increase to offset the profit loss of people unsubscribing their multibox accounts as well. You know the investors will want them to find ways to make up the money differences.
    I doubt multiboxerrs made up even 1%, it's just that their actions easily affected 100s of people each.

- - - Updated - - -

Also when it comes to prices, at the end of the day it's Blizzard's fault that I need 20 herbs for a single consumable. In the past the material requiresments were way lower, maybe they can balance crafting mats for less multi-box/bot deflated prices.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

This move won't do anything to stop actual botter's, as they expect accounts to eventually be banned.

I suspect though that a lot of accounts with high level characters will be available to buy shortly.... after all if you've spent a small fortune setting up a multi box team, you may as well try and get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Wondering when sub prices will increase to offset the profit loss of people unsubscribing their multibox accounts as well. You know the investors will want them to find ways to make up the money differences.
    sub prices haven't increased ever regardless of inflation. I doubt we see an increase now.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Well its not banned... so their accounts are fine. I have what i need ordered already will be set up by the weekend and fully inside the tos.
    Kinda weird you speak of them as if you are not part of them and the next sentence you are part of them.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I have never been bothered by multiboxers, I see no reason to nerf them in this way, but come on, what they are going to lose is going to be blizzard, money in extra accounts that they are going to lose, they have no marketing vision ... They could earn a lot of money in many ways, a lot, but they don't ... this expansion would have had a lot of sales if they had added a hero class. in short ... worse for them, and for us, of course, but above all for them.

Try questing near pinchwhistle in spires of arak. The goblin quest where you have to damage the goblin to 1 hp and feed them the potion is WAY harder\near impossible to do now with all the multiboxer moonkins casting all over the place.

Good riddance.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So that means that it will take me 5 seconds to gather on all my 5 accounts instead of one? No big deal then.
    And I'll still be collecting tears from the lil bitches bitching about me multiboxing anyway.

I cant believe people defend bots farming mats and people playing 5+ characters the same time. What the hell is wrong with you?

THIS IS A GOOD CHANGE if blizzard goes through with it!

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    A single botter is significantly less damaging to the economy than 1 multiboxer, that 1 character will have to operate for at least 5x as long to gather the same amount of materials. Between that time constraint decreasing the rate of material farming (which will reduce the overall supply, which will reduce the rate at which the prices drop) and the fact that botters do get banned, there will be some impact upon the economy.

Between all of that I don't think your assertion that "this change will have zero impact on the economy" is likely to hold true.
    because nobody with bot has more than one account

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    As someone who used to multibox, running a MB team is going to be extremely difficult, especially as a hardware keyboard multiplexer will be indistinguishable from software. Banning input broadcast...I'm not even really sure how you would MB now, at least not in any way that would get anything done. You can nitpick the definition of it, but this policy change makes MBing pretty much impossible. This new rule means one keyboard per character, and since most people are running multiple teams on one cpu, tabbing from game instance to game instance is going to be...awkward. Even just for moving around. The key broadcasting software is what made it possible for most of the history of MBing wow.
    Its not impossible, many people do it.

You just need to use macros with commands like /follow etc and switch between windowed accounts to play the game.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Its not impossible, many people do it.

You just need to use macros with commands like /follow etc and switch between windowed accounts to play the game.
    Yep. That means I'll still be ruining lil bitches days by farming out everything in a region.