Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    yeah i guess eliminating 20 subs from each multiboxer is a win. makes as much sense as every move blizzard made since the bfa beta
    They've made the assesment that removing 1000 multibox subs is better than losing 10s of thousands of players to bad press.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Thank the spaghetti monster!

I never believed they would see reason but they have.

Well done, Blizzard!

Doesn't change a thing really for multiboxers actually at the keyboard I've already come up with several solutions that I know would work and I don't even multibox.. wouldn't cost much either this only tightens down on botting multiboxers

You want to know the reason? It's not because they actually care about the impact on the game. But probably because they fired so many customer support.
    Now they can't deal with the tickets from these boxers anymore.

Thank god.

I guess all of the degenerate whales who can't play the game without a personal raid group following them around will drown in their own tears.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They've made the assesment that removing 1000 multibox subs is better than losing 10s of thousands of players to bad press.
    Yes those tens of thousands of people quitting WoW due to all those bad press articles about multiboxing lololol.. best comment I've read in ages

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They nbever got any bad press out of this. ANd they haven't lost 10s of thousands over this either..

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    what the hell lol
    anyway if this results in very close keypresses between game windows, blizz will easily be able to detect it
    when you click on multiple windows there's a human delay, this kind of setup will probably trigger the cheat detection
    man i want to see the ban email that says "banned for duct taping 6 PCs together."

As someone who multiboxes in a way that is not griefing other players or abusive/disruptive to the economy, I am highly disappointed by this
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

YASS!

Finally, an end to the 10+ boxers taking over an entire area and its mobs! Nevermind the positive impact on herb gathering!

I'm so happy I'll actually be able to compete and make some gold selling mats without the Walmart of WoW (multiboxers) driving the price into the ground.

I honestly never expected to see this day. Holy fuck, thank you Blizzard. This is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    yeah i guess eliminating 20 subs from each multiboxer is a win. makes as much sense as every move blizzard made since the bfa beta
    Sounds like they decided whatever financial impact they lose from the relatively-few players multiboxing with keyclones (or whatever they're using these days) would be countered out by the improved gameplay experience from not having entire killzones locked down by one player spamming 5-15 AoEs.

Personally, I never cared one way or another, but this is Blizzard we're talking about here. If they didn't see this as a way to increase profit, it wouldn't have been done because they were already making multiple players' worth of revenue off of each boxer.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Good news.

yess.... about the time.

I'm a long term multiboxer, but I never liked broadcast utilities. I always saw it as as form of cheating, mirroring a keypress is still automation in my mind. So I'll still be able to multibox comfortably with 4 druids and it'll have no impact on me, assuming the sole intention is to stop the software that enables this, and not multiboxing (playing more than one character at once) as the target.

I personally welcome this, as the abuse of massive multiboxing this xpac has been off the charts. I'm also pretty astonished Blizzard are taking (at least what appears to be) strong action.

I just hope they don't come after TSM next ><

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The herb farmers and the 15+ multiboxers (rarer but still common enough to run into) were the only real problem on Retail. A small section of game play but the escalation was going to get a response sooner or later.
    It is not a small section of gameplay, that effects the economy, server scaling, sharding, etc etc. There is multiple aspects.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    or is there?

You take a huge risk with such a thing. If blizzard sees inputs going on at the same time they might likely take action, regardless of your setup, cause they can't be sure you are being truthful.

It's time to accept that you either tab/manually make inputs or give it up.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-03 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You take a huge risk with such a thing. If blizzard sees inputs going on at the same time they might likely take action, regardless of your setup, cause they can't be sure you are being truthful.
    when they check for inputs, they have a automatic tool going after the specific programs entering those inputs. He is using 6 mices. There is no way that will get him banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never did see the allure of multi-boxing. Perhaps I need to try it before it's too late in order to defend it.