Weird animation issue. Any fix?

I recently got a new 144hz monitor so I decided to up WoW's FPS to take advantage, but when I do I get a weird animation issue.
    With FPS capped to 60, my character rotates appropriately when I move. When I up the FPS cap to 144 my character no longer rotates correctly. It's very annoying.
    Is there some setting or something I can change to fix this?

https://i.imgur.com/JbY0yvV.mp4

Does no one have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    I recently got a new 144hz monitor so I decided to up WoW's FPS to take advantage, but when I do I get a weird animation issue.
    With FPS capped to 60, my character rotates appropriately when I move. When I up the FPS cap to 144 my character no longer rotates correctly. It's very annoying.
    Is there some setting or something I can change to fix this?

https://i.imgur.com/JbY0yvV.mp4
    Cap FPS to 60... seems you already know this hence why no one else responded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Do you have an Nvidia GPU? If yes, you might trigger this bug:
    [World of Warcraft Shadowlands]: When run at frame rates greater than 60 FPS with high display settings, moving characters display minute twitching/stuttering. [200647563]
    Source: https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windo...ease-notes.pdf

That doesn't exactly describe what you see, but could be related.

This note is in driver versions up to 456.71. 457.09 and later does not list it any more. So you might have luck by updating the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Cap FPS to 60... seems you already know this hence why no one else responded.
    Eh what? WoW has been able to handle more than 60 FPS flawlessly since, what, Wrath? Get with the times, old man.

I've never seen what you're experiencing @OP, best advice I can give is to restart the game after changing the setting, and/or unchecking max FPS entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Eh what? WoW has been able to handle more than 60 FPS flawlessly since, what, Wrath? Get with the times, old man...
    See: Cunningham's Law
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

So I tried the old classic of deleting my WTF folder and that seemed to do it. Thanks for the attempts, peeps.
    Now to get my settings back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I understood correctly what happens, but I noticed some time ago, that having Foreground FPS lock on, sometimes when I turn my character with right mouse button down, it would make my character spin few times around (and the camera too). Was super annoying and went away when I took the FPS lock off. Didn't find any other solution back then.