Thread: WW PvP

WW PvP

Much like past expansions, WW PvP is looking good .. Any like me enjoy the spec but afraid blizz will nurf it a few months into the expansion like they always seem to do?

Sorry no one cares about Monks or PVP, this is the Shadowlands forum not boring garbage forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

The issue with WW is the same one: without proper gear, they tend to die in cross ccs and flop in a stun. So no, I don't think there will be major nerfs given the crutch of SEF.

WW has always been S tier for casual pvp like 1v1 and random bgs. Not so much in BFA due to the heavy reliance on Karma and Touch of Death to actually kill people, issue which has been fixed in SL by reducing the reliance on these cds.

And also the squishiness issue has been fixed by the introduction of Inner Strength talent (Each Chi you spend reduces damage taken by 2% for 5 sec, stacking up to 5 times), which is basically a buff that gives you passive 10% damage reduction as long as you spend chi, which shouldn't be difficult to keep up in all content. Of course "pros" will take the regular Dampen Harm which does jackshit if you get caught in a stun and it's not up, but getting caught in a stun with 10% damage reduction up sure as hell makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Anrakyr View Post
    WW has always been S tier for casual pvp like 1v1 and random bgs. Not so much in BFA due to the heavy reliance on Karma and Touch of Death to actually kill people, issue which has been fixed in SL by reducing the reliance on these cds.

And also the squishiness issue has been fixed by the introduction of Inner Strength talent (Each Chi you spend reduces damage taken by 2% for 5 sec, stacking up to 5 times), which is basically a buff that gives you passive 10% damage reduction as long as you spend chi, which shouldn't be difficult to keep up in all content. Of course "pros" will take the regular Dampen Harm which does jackshit if you get caught in a stun and it's not up, but getting caught in a stun with 10% damage reduction up sure as hell makes a difference.
    Second this. WW has always been a great dueling class. It's a common side effect of having amazing mobility and self heals. :P

I'm torn when it comes to Inner Strength. You need to be in melee range to keep it up, since we have no ranged chi spenders (correct me if I'm wrong). This means we have a hard time keeping it up against certain classes (1v1 scenarios) or when being confronted with a lot of CC and stuns (arenas and BGs).

Playing WW is always a bit of a gamble because we have no other DPS spec to switch to, should the nerf hammer strike. That being said, it's never been so bad that I didn't have a lot of fun, even during the times when it was "bad".

Present time you can Reverse Harm and Spinning Crane to keep Inner Strength up, if push comes to shove.

5+ Year Old Account
    I played some WW in BFA in World PvP and random BGs. There's just one thing I didn't like about it: it feels like a true 5 yard class. Almost nothing outside this range is meaningful or has any noticeable impact on your opponent.

I also played arcane mage and from this perspective WW monks were one of the easiest classes to defeat in 1on1 situations. Reason? Insufficient mobility against an arcane mage. This sounds pretty insane, but combined with what I said before (true 5 yard class), ww monks felt like a free kill for my arcane mage. Assassination rogues, which have way worse mobility, still do better against arcane mages... their simple knife spam alone is worth much more than anything a ww monk has, when being heavily kited. Well, arcane mage mobility has been nerfed for shadowlands, so maybe this problem is gone now.

SKILL CAPPED has also made a few videos on youtube about shadowlands pvp.

They rated WW monk S-Tier for PvP, with a 7/10 for solo PvP (rogue is 10/10 here) and like S-Tier for 2s with a Holy Pala (also very easy or even THE most easy 2s comp to play). So ww monks look good for shadowlands.