Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It does. CL18 indicated that the kit uses Hynix chips that might not work on XMP settings on AMD. There's a very simple recipe to avoid that: buy Crucial RAM.
    Alright, now we're finetuning!

I found these: Ballistix DDR4 2x8GB 3600 cL 16 (CAS-tRCD-tRPD-tRAS) BL2K8G36C16U4B -> The description notes "offers XMP"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Check their QVL like I said. It shows 3600 RAM kits that will work for you. The 3200 means basically any kit can be tossed in and work at that speed.
    I'm not sure how to read that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I'm not sure how to read that
    Go to the manufacturers website and find the MOBO, then it should have a QVL listed somewhere.

Or you can just google the motherboard name and "Memory QVL" and it should be one of the top results

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Go to the manufacturers website and find the MOBO, then it should have a QVL listed somewhere.

Or you can just google the motherboard name and "Memory QVL" and it should be one of the top results
    Gotcha! I'll dive into that. The one I noted isn't on the MB QVL list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...rt#support-doc

They’re in descending order by speed, then ascending alphabetically by manufacturer.
    Ah great, must have hit the wrong google link.
    Shows BL2K8G36C16U4B support on both the B550 and the X570. Thanks again!

Replace your wife, that is currently the only thing holding back my desired PC upgrade!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time checking before I place my order; do I trust the PCPartPicker compatibility list, or should I trust the VML pdf list on the gigabite site?

I'm looking at the Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO atm (scored high on the "VRM quality benchmark"), PP shows the Ballistix DDR4 2x8GB 3600 BL2K8G36C16U4B as compatible, but the QVL on the Gigabyte website doesnt have it included there so that puts me in doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time checking before I place my order; do I trust the PCPartPicker compatibility list, or should I trust the VML pdf list on the gigabite site?

I'm looking at the Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO atm (scored high on the "VRM quality benchmark"), PP shows the Ballistix DDR4 2x8GB 3600 BL2K8G36C16U4B as compatible, but the QVL on the Gigabyte website doesnt have it included there so that puts me in doubt.
    It'll work fine. QVL lists are kind of pointless.

10+ Year Old Account

The QVL is stuff that WILL work. Not on the QVL should be fine, but might not.
    You really shouldn't run into trouble before 4000+ MHz though

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Placed the order Delivery time still unsure since the 5800X sold out in the Netherlands. It says November 17th but that's probably a placeholder date.

Once all the parts are delivered I'll do a pre/post benchmark and post it here. Again when the 6800XT arrives.

Thanks again for helping me pick the parts.

Since your gaming at 1080p, Get a 3070 or the new AMD card.

I did the same myself recently (Check Sig) and you will see a performance gain. You are using Cross-Fire (SLI) that is honestly dead as a doornail and was never all that great. That IMO that where you will see a nice performance Jump.

You (like myself) will sooner or later need a new MOBO,CPU,RAM but until then just get a new GPU. I would not spend more than the cost of a 3070/6800XT.

- - - Updated - - -

Once all the parts are delivered I'll do a pre/post benchmark and post it here. Again when the 6800XT arrives.

Thanks again for helping me pick the parts.
    Nice I didn't see this before my post lol, Hope you enjoy it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Took a few weeks but my 5800X order came in at the retailer, scheduled to be delivered to my place tomorrow.

Now the waiting game for an aftermarket RX6800XT begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    So after 8 MONTHS I've now finally completed my build. Not with the intended RX 6800 XT but with a RX 6900 XT instead. Actually managed to get the 69 for the same price as the 68 in I had in order for all those months. So nothing bad about that :-)

Still working on the OC, but having good results so far: