Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Should Blizzard also "let people have their fun" those who use wallhacks? Should Blizzard also "let people have their fun" those who do DDOS attacks? Should Blizzard also "let people have their fun" those who bot?

If your answer to all those questions is "multi-boxers are not harming others", well, you'd be wrong. Just ask any herbalist why they are happy with these news. And let's not forget the horde of multi-boxer druids flying around one-shooting people in PvP with a single moonfire, cast at the same time by a dozen druids or so.
    I am sure you could make a good argument without making an extreme hyperbole scenario if you really tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Sounds like Blizz should also adjust how material nodes (herb/mine/skin) are handled too. Maybe have a few seconds between each time the same node can be gathered, or maybe restrict how many times it can be farmed.
    There is a restriction already, which is the reason why multi-boxer/botter are such a blight, they gather up all "charges" in an instant and then move to the next. The issue is that Blizzard knows if they allow for even more charges then that just means people will do the same with even more characters. It's a feedback loop that goes out of control if unchecked. This has already impacted the design of the game itself to the point that they keep messing with drop rates and the like while accounting for these people.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    Dear boys and girls, multi boxing is not cheating! Using a simple software that sends the same keystroke to multiple running clients is not cheating! If this software is doing more than that (automating stuff) this is debatable and it could be prohibited.
    And I am a herbalist and have ZERO problems with multi boxers. A multi boxer was faster than you? Move on to the next spot! There are enough for all of us!
    Can you say that with a straight face? Clincking 1 button to do bajilion things is not automation now? lol. Even if don't classify it as such, it goes against the "one click, one action" idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Can you say that with a straight face? Clincking 1 button to do bajilion things is not automation now? lol. Even if don't classify it as such, it goes against the "one click, one action" idea.
    It is one click one action - for all the toons he has teamed up synchronized.

There are simple hardware solutions to this restriction too, even easier than that once you start using VM's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Just to be clear we have never SUPPORTED multi-boxing, but it was allowed - still is matter of fact, just not in the way you may have been doing it. You can still have as many licenses as you like online at a time, you just need to control them individually now."
    The problem with bold part in case of hardware is that you are controlling them individually, each one of wow.exe gets it's own input from hardware. For multiboxing to stop being a thing they have to break their API, so you won't be able to use follow and target commands.

I wonder how it'll affect me, because i use two accounts to farm mounts in raids, dungeons and do pet battles. I mean, pet battles are safe, because you already can do them only on "first" account you log in, but it's going to be interesting
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-11-08 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Dear boys and girls, multi boxing is not cheating! Using a simple software that sends the same keystroke to multiple running clients is not cheating!
    And, pray tell, who made this decision that multiboxing "is not cheating"? You? Regardless if you accept it or not, multi-boxing is an unfair advantage.

And I am a herbalist and have ZERO problems with multi boxers. A multi boxer was faster than you? Move on to the next spot! There are enough for all of us!
    Huh. Really. I wonder why people never thought of this before. I suppose all those herbalists talking about how it's nigh impossible to farm for herbs in Nazjatar are lying, then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    I am sure you could make a good argument without making an extreme hyperbole scenario if you really tried.
    The poster's argument was "let people have their fun". Well, the people who use cheating software like wallhacks and do DDOS attacks are also having their fun. Don't you remember the last big bot wave and people were posting here how salty those botters and cheaters are because Blizzard "ruined their fun"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Can you say that with a straight face?
    Sure I can! It is such a simple and harmless thing, it could be a feature of Windows itself. Imagine you have open lots of programs, you activate that feature and then you click alt+f4. All running programs in your task bar are closed.
    And then you have five instances of WoW and you hit W and all toons are moving forward. That's not cheating or hacking! It's a quality of live feature. HARMLESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Your logic is false. Blizzard has always supported multiboxing. What they do not support is using 3rd party automation to do it for you. Btw you can fully multibox withoutnising such programs with simple macros.
    I am totally against mb, but telling you can mb without that software is much like saying you can use a gasoline car without gasoline.

I guess I see things differently then, I dont believe its unfair that multiboxers can gather larger amounts of nodes since they have paid more money and they run more accounts, its a fun hobby to them as it is for you to play your one account.

But I have never felt personally affected by what multiboxers do, the times I have seen them I have just stopped and thought "-cool, he's rich!"

That sounds like you support p2w. Advantage is ok if they pay more.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That sounds like you support p2w. Advantage is ok if they pay more.
    The game has been p2w in different shapes and sizes since release, multiboxing actually takes some knowledge and skill to master.

Dear boys and girls, multi boxing is not cheating! Using a simple software that sends the same keystroke to multiple running clients is not cheating! If this software is doing more than that (automating stuff) this is debatable and it could be prohibited.
    Using a simple software to send keyinput to multiple instances of the game is now considered cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

The game has been p2w in different shapes and sizes since release, multiboxing actually takes some knowledge and skill to master.
    Hear i thought it was poorly worded. First time I see someone openly defend it. Power to you

Not really. In the past I multiboxed 5 accounts before innerspace software was created and I'm an idiot. Boxing software has many wizards that get any new boxer running within an hour or so. I am annoyed blizzard maybe forced to change api on certain addons i use which most boxers use. Major hand surgery limits my right hand and jamba along with gnomes sequence are bread and butter addons I use to play wow. It's gotten bad. Many nefarious bot companies use lax software now along with automated scripts to farm gold. Making new bot software is not cheap prospect so they used the tools that others used which is the cause of the bans.
    Last edited by Kiljaedon; 2020-11-08 at 12:23 PM.

Never understood the attraction to multiboxing and how it wasn't considered ruining the experience for a ton of users or how it wasn't ever seen as a major tool for people doing RTM type activities in the game. Were some people not using it for bad things? Sure, I believe it. But like usual the assholes are the ones that drive policy. Probably the one reason it didn't get this treatment earlier was Blizzard just likes the money but probably saw a dip in returns once gold could pay for a sub.. so.. I wouldn't doubt if the train of 20 druids flying over all the nodes in a zone and picking them all instantly started to cut into profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry you guys misunderstood Blizzards message, multiboxing is not against the terms of service its certain software.
    Im sorry you cant read. I never said multi-boxing, never. That is not what Im talking about. Im talking about people finding a way to abuse multi-boxing. constantly changing and adapting to "think" they are not cheating because they are doing it a different way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Game making says its fine it's fine

If tomorrow Blizz says all cosmetic addons are cheating then it's cheating and everyone has to use the stock UI, don't like it? Oh well, the maker said it's cheating so it is.
    exactly. and finding a "new" way to do the same cheat is still cheating.

Is this going to have an impact on the AH and the prices now? I mean most of the farmed mats and stuff on the AH must be from multi botters, no?

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    Im sorry you cant read. I never said multi-boxing, never. That is not what Im talking about. Im talking about people finding a way to abuse multi-boxing. constantly changing and adapting to "think" they are not cheating because they are doing it a different way.

- - - Updated - - -

I can read just fine thank you.
    You've been on a crusade through the entire thread calling multiboxing cheating.

Apparently even Blizzard disagrees with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Never understood the attraction to multiboxing and how it wasn't considered ruining the experience for a ton of users or how it wasn't ever seen as a major tool for people doing RTM type activities in the game. Were some people not using it for bad things? Sure, I believe it. But like usual the assholes are the ones that drive policy. Probably the one reason it didn't get this treatment earlier was Blizzard just likes the money but probably saw a dip in returns once gold could pay for a sub.. so.. I wouldn't doubt if the train of 20 druids flying over all the nodes in a zone and picking them all instantly started to cut into profits.
    Buying a token is 20bucks while a sub is 15... blizzard earn more on token subs. So they would have an increase in returns if people spend gold on wow time. Regardless of popular belief they probably lose money by doing this change. I'm sure they have calculated so the loss is miniscule or expected return by other means to offset it tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Is this going to have an impact on the AH and the prices now? I mean most of the farmed mats and stuff on the AH must be from multi botters, no?
    Not now I think. They waited this close to release to make most "old" mats null reducing the impact of mass buying now and selling later. Material economy gets a kind of soft-reset whenever new mats are introduced in a new expansion.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-11-08 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

I can read just fine thank you.
    You've been on a crusade through the entire thread calling multiboxing cheating.

Apparently even Blizzard disagrees with you there.
    nope. just the methods used to do it all at once. the methods used to take advantage. If you go back a bit, i specifically said i used to do it and its ok if you control them all individually.

L2R

- - - Updated - - -

nope. just the methods used to do it all at once. the methods used to take advantage. If you go back a bit, i specifically said i used to do it and its ok if you control them all individually.

L2R
    No need to be rude.

What Im trying to say is that experienced multiboxers already know how to do this without breaking the updated ToS.

Bouncing ball
    -Bouncing the ball with your right hand is cheating-
    Bounces ball with left hand
    -No rule against left hand, perfectly fine-
    -Bouncing ball with either hand is cheating-
    Bounces ball with knee
    -No rule against bouncing ball with knee, perfectly fine-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-11-08 at 02:52 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself