Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Bible. Aint no book more popular. I have read some chapter when I was at school but thats about it.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-11-27 at 12:09 AM.

Most famous book?
    Most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Charles Dickens.
    I'm sad. My fav writer and some of the best stories of all time. Even named my cat after him. Christmas Carol is reread every year just like Irving's Sleepy Hollow. He's created some of the best characters as well like Miss Havisham from Great Expectations. We aren't friends anymore!

Not going to include GoT as it's rubbish lit but mine is probs Canterbury Tales. I've read a few of the 24 stories but never get through all of it.

The "Classics" are classic for a reaspn.
    GoT doesn't make the grade...not even a little.

The Bible.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolom Absolom.

Perhaps not the most famous book I haven't read, but I never miss a chance to shit on this book.

I have technically read the first five pages which was one motherfucking run-on sentence. Seriously. Not even joking. I saw that and instantly threw the book in the trash and read the cliff notes.

Fuck that book and fuck William Faulkner.
    Putin khuliyo

The last book i remember reading "The shattering", So let's just say i have not read a physical book for at least 10 years.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

The bible, well at least I never read the whole thing. Some excerpts for fun (the endless amount of self contradictions) or back in school during RE. I haven't read much of classical literature either, some of the German stuff because it's expected but if I were to look at English or "World literature" like Tolstoi's works I have to pass. Even though I'm a fantasy junkie I never read A Song of Ice and Fire either. I lost all interest in it during the first searson of GoT, since I found the whole killing off of characters way too annoying among other things.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

the Bible, the Quran, Harry Potter books, Dune, The Legends of Olympus
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

I've never read Arthur Miller's Crucible. We needed to read this book at the university, but I did not like it from the first page. Therefore, when teachers wanted to test my knowledge with the help of essays, I used the studydriver.com I chose the topic of revenge in Arthur Miller's Crucible because it seemed to be the most interesting. I wrote about Abigail Williams and hit the bull's eye.
    Last edited by MehHat; 2021-01-23 at 11:32 PM. Reason: grammatic errors and synaxis

It would be the Harry Potter books

The Outsiders and Catcher in the Rye and many, many others. I think I have read maybe 6 books in my life from start to finish and I was born in 1986. I am pretty adept to English and writing but the internet does not get my time or effort lol.

Fiction? The Bible.
    Non-fiction? On the Origin of Species.

The Bible, A Tale of Two Cities, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, The Hobbit, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

I've read the children's bible twice as a child, but it's been long enough that I don't remember the vast majority.

Never read the real thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

The Stand by Stephen King.

I actually preferred the Dark Tower series, but The Stand was my gateway drug.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    God if I read anymore "witty" jokes about the bible I think I'm going to puke
    Get original people!
    If it's anything I have three different Bibles and the Quran...and the I Ching, Talmud, Nag Hammadi Library...among so many others...

I'd probably have to say Madame Bovary, or Jane Eyre or Pride and Prejudice.

Some of my favorite authors (and poets, especially) are women, but for some reason I can't do Jane Austen. I love the Bronte sisters, just haven't gotten around to Jane Eyre. And Madame Bovary is just not anything that was assigned to me, but it's certainly on my "to-read" list.

Other than the classics: unlike most people on these forums, I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind on fantasy stuff. The depths of my reading in these genres are like, ASoIaF, LOTR, Chronicles of Narnia......and that's it. Haven't read any of the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, nor whatever Brandon Sanderson writes.

Well, The Communist Manifesto is considered to be the best selling non religious book of all time, and I haven't read it, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    i would say the Great Gatsby
    The bible, das kapital.
    Easily the two most famous books, and i have read neither in their totality.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.