Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gamers: LET DEVELOPERS HAVE THEIR CREATIVE VISION AND STOP STIFLING THEM!

Also Gamers: HOW DARE THE DEVELOPERS DECIDE TO CHANGE A PART OF THEIR VISION, I LIKED IT THE WAY IT WAS!

The duality of gamers is a truly wonderful thing. If you support developers having creative control over their products you should support this change, even if you may personally disagree with it.

Me? I'll miss those scenes. Again, I'm a fanservice guy, I like gratuitous butt shots.

But I support developers creative vision, and if they want to make creative changes to some of their earlier work, without actually changing that earlier work (ME2 will still feature those glorious butt-shots), more power to them.

That being said, I think this is a lot of emotions and discussion over what are probably about a dozen shots in the cutscenes of a single game spanning dozens/hundreds of hours, as part of a trilogy that that are all equally as long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lurkanomics View Post
    I'm sure it's been mentioned already but no matter how it goes I'm pretty disappointed that they are not including the ME3 multiplayer - I think most would agree it was actually pretty fun.
    It woulda been neat, but they'd have to rework it a bit to decouple the MTX from it. I imagine it just wasn't worth the cost to do it, especially considering that it's not why folks play the "trilogy". That and servers are still up for ME3 now, so it hasn't gone anywhere thankfully. It's just not getting the glow-up.

10+ Year Old Account
    People getting their panties in a twist over a change as minor as a shift in a handful of camera angles in a 40+ hour long RPG are completely ridiculous. It changes nothing whatsoever to the parts of that interaction that actually matters to the game, the narrative arc of Miranda as a character.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-02-06 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    People getting their panties in a twist over a change as minor as a shift in a handful of camera angles in a 40+ hour long RPG are completely ridiculous. It changes nothing whatsoever to the parts of that interaction that actually matters to the game, the narrative arc of Miranda as a character.
    this is the type of reasoning that really gets me.

Lets pull the bold and flip it to direct at people motivated to make such a minor change.

People getting their panties in a twist over a handful of camera angles in a 40+ hour long RPG are completely ridiculous. It changes nothing whatsoever to the parts of that interaction that actually matters to the game.

The phrase cuts both ways. but it's really a pointless hill to stand on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    this is the type of reasoning that really gets me.

Lets pull the bold and flip it to direct at people motivated to make such a minor change.

People getting their panties in a twist over a handful of camera angles in a 40+ hour long RPG are completely ridiculous. It changes nothing whatsoever to the parts of that interaction that actually matters to the game.

The phrase cuts both ways. but it's really a pointless hill to stand on
    Get back to me when you want to respond to all of what was being said.

"pulling the bold" is just putting up a strawman by ignoring parts of what was being said.

People complaining about butt shots being removed when there are real things about the remaster to complain about.

Where's my romance with Tali in ME1?

Where's my krogan love affair with Wrex and/or Grunt?

Where's the romance with Samara?

Where's the harem ending romance option?

And the only real ending is where you shoot the kid at the end instead of picking a color.

To the people saying removing Miranda's ass shots are not a big deal

My issue is, I bought the DLC before, I bought the games before, and I 100% all 3 in the past. What Incentive do I have to buy this product when you are removing things. A remaster to me is when you bring the product, enhance it, and add to it, not REMOVE things. In my mind, I have this niggling feeling in the back of my mind, that I am getting a lesser product. Its the same whenever I know something is censored on Sony platforms. It might just be panty shots, it might just be boobs, it might just be an ass with a lens flare, but its still me getting a lesser product that exists somewhere else.

I honestly do not care about the breasts, ass, or sexy shots (Woman here) but I do care about censorship and the removal of content. It actually makes me feel like I got ripped off because I paid the same price as everyone else, but my version has scenes removed, altered or flat out blocked. I've legit returned games after Day 1 patches censored them. I pre-ordered them on Amazon, I wait until news comes out about Day 1 patches, then I return them citing I did not get the product I paid for (Honesty) and I proceed to order the version that is NOT censored.

Boiling everyone down to "YOU JUST WANNA SEE ASS AND TITTY" is condescending and ignorant. some of us just want the complete product and that is all.

the irony of complaining about pandering when those ass shots WERE the pandering.....

there is absolutely nothing necessary or important to the story about half the screen being taken up by an ass. they are having a conversation and all you see is cheeks. THAT was pandering.

anyways, personaly I like pinnacle station for one specific reason. apartment. call it silly, but I like that apartment and I want to keep having that apartment. I did mod ME1 already, quite a bit, and HD fan made textures are quite lovely. Im also going to mod in paragon/renegade change for ME2, or more specifically a mod that unlocks intimidation/persuasion options but still lets me fill the bar as per normal.

but that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is a gross misunderstanding of the work required and like, reality.

Citadel DLC - As with the PS3 port, the source code was corrupted and has since been lost. It doesn't exist. They tried to find it. And considering how much shit EA found for the C&C remaster, it likely wasn't for a lack of trying.
    Wait, what!? The Citadel DLC won't be included? That was one of (if not THE) best part of ME3!

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Wait, what!? The Citadel DLC won't be included? That was one of (if not THE) best part of ME3!
    Pinnacle station is the dlc that will not be included.

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Pinnacle station is the dlc that will not be included.
    Thanks for correcting me, fixed it avoid confusion. Citadel...Pinnacle...I don't know why I confused those two in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Thanks for correcting me, fixed it avoid confusion. Citadel...Pinnacle...I don't know why I confused those two in my head.
    cause they both feature combat simulation and reward an apartment for Shepard to hang out in? I kinda see pinnacle station as proto Citadel, personaly. Citadel just added a story and extra character interactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to remember that this is a a remaster and not just upscaling the game. There will be polish, tweaks in certain areas. I already know I'm not getting the game but invalid criticism is invalid.

Literally can't understand why MP is not part of this. Dev time is a BS excuse as if the game will expire if it doesn't come out in May. My guess is that they didn't want to deal with the 'EA only sells loot boxes' nonsense.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-02-06 at 07:14 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The butt-scenes of Miranda always felt weird and in poor taste to me. I find it ridiculous the amount of flak BioWare is getting for this, something which I think is probably going to end up making the game story flow better anyway. I saw people talking about it on reddit, and some of those comments... but even worse was the comments on the article discussing it (I believe it was from a site called nichegamer.com) - "censorship", "SJW agenda" and "fall of gaming" etc - it was really hard to read.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2021-02-06 at 09:05 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Ass Effect is part of Mass Effect, so it's weird they remove it. Their reasoning is of poor artistic taste.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Looking at comparison screenshots, I expected them to censure the shots in a different way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly they should go further. Asses ain't the only fetish, there are footsies guys, hand guys, ear guys and so on. I propose censoring all female characters with full body mosaic to protect them.

....but then there are full mosaic guys. DAMN IT! Will this nightmare of opression ever end?
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2021-02-06 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Looking at comparison screenshots, I expected them to censure the shots in a different way.

[IMG]https://i.redd.it/82ooso38mff61.jpg[IMG]
    I'm finding the whole debacle around this stupid, but that made me laugh. Well done.

Personally I think this is all overblown, but whatever. They absolutely could have done more regarding improvements overall (and as I said before - made Pinnacle station from ground up), but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Give an inch. They'll take a mile. There's no point in pandering to them. They always demand changes but never buy what they demand changes too. As I said I'm surprised there not making Miranda a trans, obese, poc.

we already saw what Mass effect Andromeda was that was a big steaming pile of shit. RiP bioware F in chat boys
    You may be banned, but I will answer anyway - you just evaded the question. Give an inch? How, how exactly? By not showing an ass across the screen put there for a single reason - to have boys drool over it. It has no value. Did I personally enjoy it? Kinda cause thats a nice ass (Ass Effect, duh), but the camera angle felt stupid even back then when I was way younger. Her fricking head is not in the frame, FFS, that is not how talking is supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Ah yes, the anime censor steam cloud strikes again! I loled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    it smacks of pandering to me.

It's not like this was a teen rated game trying to keep it's rating lower. It already has far more racy scenes with characters in various states of undress and hell strip clubs where you can 'enjoy' similar sights that ARE unavoidable and part of the story as well. So singling out one particular "problem" at this point is looking to stir the pot.
    The ass shots were pandering in the first place, alongside Miranda's skintight costume which hardly fits her character if you ask me. They just happen to no longer pander to some people, to which I say, unfortunate but such is life.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    So far only seems they added lens flare to everything. Looks pretty lazy
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset