Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    No shots of Miranda ass is a no buy from me, fucking people getting triggered because of some 3d ass
    Irony overload.

  2. #362
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkas View Post
    I like the buttshots, I distinctly remember spitting out my drink of laughter when her ass took up half of my computer screen all of a sudden. And as I stated earlier in this thread, I'd love me some some added Wrex buttshots in this legendary edition too.

    It's equally silly to be so god damn hyper sensitive about asses too, though. Doubly so when people try to claim some moral high-ground by being a butt and sex purist, about a game series that basically made sleeping with your companions a standard expectation in RPG's (despite earlier RPG's also offering it).
    Generally speaking (and for myself)
    If you add sexual scenes to a game or tv show/movie than make sure it's tasteful and it fits the overal story you want to tell and not just because "sex sells".
    The sex scene's in ME kind of makes sense at that specific moment (ignoring some of the weird locations) it is part of the overal story of Shepard.
    However when your talking with somebody about serieus stuff does it really make sense that the focus is on a certain bodypart?

    Nobody is trying to take any moral high-ground except those that think that this is censorship and that they are "fighting"against censorship. Normal people agree that the focus somebody's ass doesn't make sense when your talking about the end of the world.

  3. #363
    The only ass-shot in ME 2 i remember was when you/Shepard had his little talk with Miranda in which she boasted about her design being perfect. She even mentions her looks and that is about the time this ass-shot takes places. So, IMO, at an appropriate time and not just for 'teh horny'.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2mmzgeCxBw

    Why that scene needs a rework eludes me. The camera-work and the model-placement on the other hand need a rework. Too often it seems that the characters look past each other when they talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Wermys View Post
    In all seriousness. You people who refuse to buy it because they edited out the ass in a trailer are morons. People who refuse to buy it because it contained the ass are idiots. The amount of chest beating in this thread arguing both sides is ludicrous. No one buys a game because of this in the first place and the only reason its a controversy is frankly because at some point people just want to cause controversy and don't really have a good reason except to try to find something to bitch and complain about.
    I refuse to buy it, because I already have all 3 games with ALL the DLC's on PC (that includes pinnacle station that can be downloaded, for FREE, legally off EA's classic game DLC section), do not mind ME1 combat at all (kinda like it actualy), and have mods to deal with everything else. it just doesn't make any sense for me to repurchase something I already paid a whole lot of money for (N7 physical edition of ME3 preorder and all)

    I just think that those angles with ass taking up half the screen were silly and pandering and I think changing them is a small thing (its literally just changing the camera angle, not any sort of heavy coding), that will make those conversations less jarring in terms of their content vs what's on screen. I mean... any defense of "she is trying to seduce Shepard" falls apart when you consider that those same angles exist for femshep and Miranda absolutely positively is NOT trying to seduce femshep in any way.

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    My opinion from all i saw. I know it's a remaster, but the trailer and comparision screenshots to me literally just showed they just putted ME3 graphics into ME1 and some High Res Modding mods from the ME Community on ME1 too. Can't get excited over such a little amount of effort.

    Happy for you through OP.
    That's... what a Remaster is. Fixing some bugs and putting in better graphics.

  6. #366
    I'm more curious if we are able to import our original save games.

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Nobody is trying to take any moral high-ground except those that think that this is censorship and that they are "fighting"against censorship.
    You need read through this thread a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Normal people agree that the focus somebody's ass doesn't make sense when your talking about the end of the world.
    'Normal' people probably simply don't think much of it.
    Last edited by Elkas; 2021-02-09 at 09:27 PM.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Miranda to me was conveyed as a troubled soul, not like Jack, but in a different way. She was made to be perfect but she did not embrace it, she did not want to be defined by it, and so the butt shot feels out of character for her (and unnecessary/weird/creepy to me personally).
    She was conveyed as a perfect human with a hidden agenda. We learn that yes she has her own fucked up background like Jack but she hides it. She doesn't wear it on her sleeve like Jack does. We as well as all the other characters are supposed to focus on her appearance. The very first thing Jack says about Miranda is to call her a cheerleader because she views her as this perfect sexy thing and someone she wouldn't get along with. When even the in game characters make reference to her like that I think its safe to assume it was intentional and not just for jacking material until her potential romance.

    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    This theory doesn't hold up as far as interactions with Shepard throughout the entirety of ME2 is concerned (which is the primary focus of camera angles changing), there's no secret covert intelligence agent seducing thing going on, both her and Jacob are rather up front about both their backgrounds and that they're there to keep an eye on you for the guy up top, and what their relation to Cerberus is.
    If it wasn't intentionally referencing her being femme fatale then why on earth wouldn't all the other women have the same shots? And I said she wasn't a covert spy which is why a hood wouldn't work. She is an intelligence agent who gets info through other means like her looks.

  9. #369
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    42,238
    I dunno Miranda seemed to come off as being very cold and have a "Do what needs to be done, regardless of the short term consequences."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  10. #370
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It works on PC!

    It could use the update, but I imagine the market for a KOTOR is much, much smaller than ME. Especially given that they'd likely need to do some very extensive work to the design to bring it up to more modern standards...like...not having an NPC that's speaking in-universe telling you to his the "escape key" to open the menu at the very start : |
    Now would have been a great time to release, The Mandalorian doing so well and on hiatus...it's a Star Wars game, one of the best probably ever made

    But you nailed it right there, it would take actual work and effort, the ME remaster sounds like it's just a slight update that they're repackaging for 60 dollars.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Now would have been a great time to release, The Mandalorian doing so well and on hiatus...it's a Star Wars game, one of the best probably ever made

    But you nailed it right there, it would take actual work and effort, the ME remaster sounds like it's just a slight update that they're repackaging for 60 dollars.
    KOTOR would require a remake to a level that we saw with FF7.
    I've played KOTOR 1 and 2 combined dozen times but trying to play these games now, they did not age well.
    Also just like with FF7 I believe you can add allot more story to KOTOR and allot more character development of certain side characters. Also I really wouldn't mind if they added a couple of more planets and more Jedi training.

  12. #372
    Elemental Lord zealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,528
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    She was conveyed as a perfect human with a hidden agenda. We learn that yes she has her own fucked up background like Jack but she hides it. She doesn't wear it on her sleeve like Jack does. We as well as all the other characters are supposed to focus on her appearance. The very first thing Jack says about Miranda is to call her a cheerleader because she views her as this perfect sexy thing and someone she wouldn't get along with. When even the in game characters make reference to her like that I think its safe to assume it was intentional and not just for jacking material until her potential romance.



    If it wasn't intentionally referencing her being femme fatale then why on earth wouldn't all the other women have the same shots? And I said she wasn't a covert spy which is why a hood wouldn't work. She is an intelligence agent who gets info through other means like her looks.
    There is no intelligence operation of the sort you're insinuating going on targeted at Shepard within the writing of ME2. They're entirely upfront about who they are, who they work for, and what they want from him, straight from the get-go.

    They definitely designed her visually for sex appeal, but her actual character narratively is not a femme fatale.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    (its literally just changing the camera angle, not any sort of heavy coding)
    Well they said that is one of the changes they made, it's the only example given. There will be other changes, we have'll to wait to see how noticable they'll be.

  14. #374
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Yes, perfect sense. Especially if you realize that the focus most of the time was on Shepard or some other character and the ass just got in the shot. YOU decided to FOCUS on it. Weirdo. It's not Miranda's fault she's got a perfect butt. It's her daddy's doing.
    What about his scene, when Miranda talks about saving her sister? They don't just "get in the shot", it was deliberate move by the devs to focus on that. I personally don't care much about the issue, but this "butt focus" seems pretty juvenile and ham-fisted.

    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-10 at 12:26 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What about his scene, when Miranda talks about saving her sister? They don't just "get in the shot", it was deliberate move by the devs to focus on that. I personally don't care much about the issue, but this "butt focus" seems pretty juvenile.
    Shepard is in focus and Miranda's behind is just in the shot, of course, it was made deliberately - everything is deliberate in a video game. But the focus is on Shepard - look at him standing in sharp focus from knees to full height.

    Also make a mental note that it's not just Miranda's butt - it's also her back, arms, upper thighs, and even a boob. Why are you focusing on her butt? No one forces you. It just so happens that a butt is an undetachable body part, it is visible when you look at a character from behind and you have a butt fetish.

    Why are you reducing Miranda to her butt?
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  16. #376
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Shepard is in focus and Miranda's behind is just in the shot, of course, it was made deliberately - everything is deliberate in a video game. But the focus is on Shepard - look at him standing in sharp focus from knees to full height.

    Also make a mental note that it's not just Miranda's butt - it's also her back, arms, upper thighs, and even a boob. Why are you focusing on her butt? No one forces you. It just so happens that a butt is an undetachable body part, it is visible when you look at a character from behind and you have a butt fetish.

    Why are you reducing Miranda to her butt?
    Yes man, focus is on Shepard, who stands in the background, not on the foreground butt that also has a text over it. Eyes wont gravitate there in the first place, no sir. You really reach hard, trying to deny that devs didn't go for a cheap and juvenile tricks here.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  17. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes man, focus is on Shepard, who stands in the background, not on the foreground butt that also has a text over it. Eyes wont gravitate there in the first place, no sir. You really reach hard, trying to deny that devs didn't go for a cheap and juvenile tricks here.
    I'm not the one complaining about the butt, so I'm not the one reaching here. It's quite obvious that they wanted to show full Shepard as it's the player who does the talking.
    It doesn't matter where your eyes gravitate. But one has to be a perv to only see the butt.
    And to what end, pray tell, did the devs go for this cheap and juvenile trick as you say? Like what's the goal, what's the trick? To make people buy the game once more?
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2021 - that's two-zero-two-one, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of masked sissies.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    KOTOR would require a remake to a level that we saw with FF7.
    I've played KOTOR 1 and 2 combined dozen times but trying to play these games now, they did not age well.
    Also just like with FF7 I believe you can add allot more story to KOTOR and allot more character development of certain side characters. Also I really wouldn't mind if they added a couple of more planets and more Jedi training.
    I'd be happy with the assets and gameplay of SW:tOR being used to update KotOR

  19. #379
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    42,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes man, focus is on Shepard, who stands in the background, not on the foreground butt that also has a text over it. Eyes wont gravitate there in the first place, no sir. You really reach hard, trying to deny that devs didn't go for a cheap and juvenile tricks here.
    Yeah uhhh that butshot and angle..... I'm not defending it.





    Yes yes, we are pervs when we read the text plastered on a big foreground butt. Why does our eyes not going to what's in the back first? And why do they put anything in the games? You always have to buy it first to experience it fully. But to answer that, why would they also put inside a race of female only aliens? To increase appeal for the audience, of course (which was and still is majority male). Devs revisited some of the choices from 10y ago, decided they wont fly today, and removed that. Nothing lost, because if you want it all back, you can play original games.
    There's a god damn difference between putting a female attractive alien race in and then there is that specific buttshot which I don't care too much in all fairness the angle is absurd and not the same as creating the idea of the Asari. Yes sex appeal is a thing but...... considering the context that shot is in, its absurd.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-02-10 at 03:50 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  20. #380
    The Lightbringer Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'm not the one complaining about the butt, so I'm not the one reaching here. It's quite obvious that they wanted to show full Shepard as it's the player who does the talking.
    It doesn't matter where your eyes gravitate. But one has to be a perv to only see the butt.
    And to what end, pray tell, did the devs go for this cheap and juvenile trick as you say? Like what's the goal, what's the trick? To make people buy the game once more?
    Yes yes, we are pervs when we read the text plastered on a big foreground butt. Cool they wanted to show protagonist, but why also an ass (multiple times in the game), when common practice is to show heads of people having conversation? You really not seeing this as a odd angle? You see many of these angles in western games? But hey, guess it's us, because our eyes are not going to what's in the back first? And why do they put anything in the games? You always have to buy it first to experience it fully. But to answer that, why would they also put inside a race of female only aliens? To increase appeal for the audience, of course (which was and still is majority male). Devs revisited some of the choices from 10y ago, decided they wont fly today, and removed that. Nothing lost, because if you want it all back, you can play original games.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-02-10 at 03:51 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •