Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    there are already 4 endings. destroy, control synthesis and so be it. they are not adding anything beyond that

as for not having to hassle with mods - unless they are including all the fan made outfits, etc... I'd still have to hassle with mods, so might as well just play originals instead of paying $60 for a VERY slight update.
    Oh yeah, they are just adding the so be it ending to the game by default. damn it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Gotta say, little disappointed with the effort put into this. I certainly won't purchase this remaster until I at least know ME1 gameplay has seen some changes, because the graphics really don't look particularly stunning in the media they've released so far.

If they've at least improved on ME1 gameplay I might still get the remaster eventually, but otherwise I'll stick to my original copies and maybe look into mods instead.
    From what they said in an interview, they will mess very little with the game mechanics, they will mostly do tweaks, but no Mass effect 2 gameplay on mass effect 1.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Something went wrong boys.
    So they are touching things up more than just textures then at least (not the impression I initially got from the trailer).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Something went wrong boys.

Soul vs Soulless.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Soul vs Soulless.

No other planet turns completely red when a reaper is present. I think it's more consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No other planet turns completely red when a reaper is present. I think it's more consistency.
    It was a bit of a joke/meme.
    That said, it may be more consistent but it removes some of the atmosphere that the original shot had.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Nah, it's an omnious coloring at the start of the game and it has nothing to do with reaper(well kinda fires and destruction but yeah, but it's mostly sky), it adds mood and sets a mystery feeling from the start of the game (something went wrong here on Eden Prime). It's actually super important.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2021-02-02 at 08:12 PM.

Wait, only on PS5 via BC, not an actual PS5 game!? /sigh

Maybe I'll buy it on PC one day but I doubt it. This was the time for this game. Missed opportunity. Unfortunate. I'm not buying anymore remasters on PS4. If you have old games you want to sell me, give them a release on the CURRENT gen of consoles as well please, or launch with a PS5 patch that is not the PS4 Pro patch.

Found this:

https://www.ign.com/articles/why-mas...-xbox-series-x

Ugh....I was hyped about this. Total disappointment. I'm done with this. I can't believe that this new game will be a PS4(only playable on PS5 with BC) in MAY of 2021, wow.

I figured it would be a cheap low effort cash grab designed to restore their reputation after Anthem. I didn't care. I loved the first 2 games and never played the 3rd. I can't believe they found an obscure way to remove my interest from this. Unbelievable.

I'm with the poster who said KOTOR > ME. KOTOR remaster you are my only hope. Thinking back, there was a lot of boredom in the Mass Effect games I played. There was some great stuff too, but I just took off my rose tinted glasses. I'll see the silver lining here, and spend my time playing something else.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-02-02 at 08:17 PM.

Nah, it's an omnious coloring at the start of the game and it has nothing to do with reaper(well kinda fires and destruction but yeah, but it's mostly sky), it adds mood and sets a mystery feeling from the start of the game (something went wrong here on Eden Prime). It's actually super important.
    It's basically blaring you in the face with how ominous it is. Subtle as a brick in the face? Maybe. But it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's basically blaring you in the face with how ominous it is. Subtle as a brick in the face? Maybe. But it worked.
    i pressed 'quote' button on the wrong post...i was replying to the same guy you did

UPD. nvm i actually quoted the right guy

They're changing the gameplay and controls of ME1 at least, thank goodness.

That said, the visual improvements aren't very apparent, and I truly do hope the lens flare overuse is for trailer purposes or at least can be disabled in-game. Freaking hate that stuff.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never played ME but what did turn me off is hearing that the game play is very different from one game to the next. Will they normalize it for this remake?

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Uhh its not a Remake which is what you are suggesting (WC3 was a Remake) this is a Remaster, the base game is not being touched, only the visual elements.
    WC3 was a HD remaster, not a remake at all like what was first promised.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2021-02-02 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I never played ME but what did turn me off is hearing that the game play is very different from one game to the next. Will they normalize it for this remake?

WC3 was a HD remaster, not a remake at all like what was first promised.
    From what I heard, they will mostly change ME1 which indeed was very different, with a different control scheme and some mechanical changes. It's probably still have the roughest gameplay in the series still but won't be nigh on unplayable anymore.

2 and 3 are fairly similar, with the exception of 3's increased mobility and more diverse melee attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    They're changing the gameplay and controls of ME1 at least, thank goodness.

That said, the visual improvements aren't very apparent, and I truly do hope the lens flare overuse is for trailer purposes or at least can be disabled in-game. Freaking hate that stuff.
    Speaking off, is there any information on how they're going about doing that, or is that just yet more confirmation on that we already knew they thought ME1 needed more work with the gameplay too?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was looking forward to the remaster but after seeing the price tag I’m gonna give it a pass.

Why would I pay the price of a new game for three old ones with only the first getting a major face lift and the other two getting minor shine ups? I could just get the old ones for a lot cheaper unless they stop selling them or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in seeing how it will all turn out than actually playing it. The Halo collection turned out very well. It set a very high bar when it comes to these franchise remasters. I'm expecting ME to be just a smooth...but we shall see...

The only way I would buy it is if

A) Its on EA Play
    B) I have a PS5 in May

Really not interested in playing it on PC or buying it just to see it in 4k without the multiplayer. ME2 and 3 multiplayer was fun IMO.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm more interested in seeing how it will all turn out than actually playing it. The Halo collection turned out very well. It set a very high bar when it comes to these franchise remasters. I'm expecting ME to be just a smooth...but we shall see...

The only way I would buy it is if

A) Its on EA Play
    B) I have a PS5 in May

Really not interested in playing it on PC or buying it just to see it in 4k without the multiplayer. ME2 and 3 multiplayer was fun IMO.
    I'm impressed that you liked ME2's multiplayer considering it didn't have one. Perhaps you mixed up ME3 and Andromeda.

But if it's on EA Play I'll definitely check it out there. Paying full price for a small remake of ME1 and remasters of two other games that I can play this instant is a hard sell no matter how much I like the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm impressed that you liked ME2's multiplayer considering it didn't have one. Perhaps you mixed up ME3 and Andromeda.

But if it's on EA Play I'll definitely check it out there. Paying full price for a small remake of ME1 and remasters of two other games that I can play this instant is a hard sell no matter how much I like the series.
    Hah, I questioned whether or not ME2 actually had a MP after posting my comment but didn't bother to follow up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

GameSpot had a decent review of the so far known changes of ME:LE

IMO for those who already own all games, dlc and mod their ME experience it seems not worth the money.

For all those that do not mod, or don't have all the dlcs or never played the series:
    Seems like a sound investment.

And that is still a lot of people, and then there are the completionists who will buy it to own all ME games. So, a lot of (potential) customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

All of the currently confirmed changes are listed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Gxgmdo_d8/edit

Eh I'm not sure about this. Seems pretty lackluster at first sight. And no multiplayer is a huge letdown for me.