10+ Year Old Account

Stat prio's, Raidbots or is there better?

Hello, I come from the era of Shadowcraft.mmo-mumble and remember raidbots stats being pretty wonky(wrong). Is there a better sim one can use to find them?
    Last edited by Cedande; 2020-11-08 at 06:00 PM.

if raidbots ever was wonky, it isnt now.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    if raidbots ever was wonky, it isnt now.
    Don't know really since i'm used to just download simcraft, but from what Ravenholdt guides say and what Raidbots tells me, the stat priorities are all different. May also be the case that ravenholdt is already talking about lvl60/shadowlands so not something that's currently live.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Don't know really since i'm used to just download simcraft, but from what Ravenholdt guides say and what Raidbots tells me, the stat priorities are all different. May also be the case that ravenholdt is already talking about lvl60/shadowlands so not something that's currently live.
    well, raidbots is literally a simcraft server. it's as precise as the APM written for the class.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    well, raidbots is literally a simcraft server. it's as precise as the APM written for the class.
    You know, i tried a stat weight sim right now just out of curiosity, and suddendly both stat weights and dps numbers are actually "correct" today. I mean, last time i tried it gave me around 3.5k dps and now it says 2.4-ish which is basically my raid actual perfomance. I think something changed during this time window(there's also a top "warning" on the website).

I think, if i have to guess, that until now corruption on gear was still calculated as working while right now it's full on "pre-patch mode".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

As of now I think that nothing can really beat Simulationcraft (as an addon) and Raidbots, the convenience of copy pasting and letting the cloud run the sim is unreal.

You do a topgear sim with your best items selected. After that you can do more topgear sims with gems. If you have premium select both topstats one but don't forget the 2 agi gems you can use.
    If everything is set you should get your highest sim with the right items and gems. Now you can do a statweights sim, but once you get a new item that whole statweights sim is useless and you have to do it again. Gems are often in such a close proximity that you can ignore everything and just gem like full versa or what ever. It could happen that 1 to 2 gems or even just an item shift every other gem to a specific stat to give 10 extra dps.

Generally top gear sims are the prefered method because statweights are just for this exact moment with your specific gear and easily shift with new items.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Raidbots is telling you in the right frame after each sim what build of simcraft it is using (currently: SimC Version Weekly (902-01) SimC Build Date Nov 10 2020), and on the left side at the bottom at "Raw Input" you can directly copy the SC simulation that it is running and paste it into SC.