Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question Torgast only 6 floors???

Wasn't this supposed to be an endless crawl? Am I missing something?

Throgast initally looked really fun.

But for every change they made it look less and less appealing.

Whn i got beta in july, the format hade been reduced to only 6 floors. and with an additional mode you unlocked after having done the Qchain wich had 18floors.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    It still has endless mode doesn't it? It just does not give you any rewards past certain floor and after that it is only for personal challenge.
    Or am i wrong and they changed it recently?

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    There are two modes for Torghast. There's the more limited mode you went into, where you can get actual rewards like Soul Ash for legendaries, and then the "Endless" corridors which aren't endless, but rather go up to 18 floors. As you progress, you can start new runs on whatever floor you finished on. I believe any rewards associated with this version are cosmetic only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Every day im seeing on streams, forum posts, trade chat on beta that people know so LITTLE about the systems of torghast. Most people dont even know what the Conductor is and whats it used for, or about the sub-faction of each covenant, or the massive timegating on power gains.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    There are two modes for Torghast. There's the more limited mode you went into, where you can get actual rewards like Soul Ash for legendaries, and then the "Endless" corridors which aren't endless, but rather go up to 18 floors. As you progress, you can start new runs on whatever floor you finished on. I believe any rewards associated with this version are cosmetic only.

How do I access these 18 Floor Levels?
    I only see two (different) portals active each week, that have 8 stages with 6 floors each.

I honestly think they’ll get a bit of backlash from this, so I’m sure they’ll re-implement an endless mode in the future.

and then the "Endless" corridors which aren't endless, but rather go up to 18 floors. As you progress, you can start new runs on whatever floor you finished on..
    Wow. Sounds awful. Why would they do that? An endless trial/dungeon is so fucking cool.

Way to kill the entire expansion main feature for literally no reason. Bad form, blizzard.

Endless dungeon sounded too fun, and they have a strict quota on fun, they had to take it out to make room for further fun later down the line.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

It's not limited to 6 floors. The last run I did 16 floors.

As far as I know there is 6 floors ... but 8 difficulties.

Hovewer what bothers me is that only reason I saw so far to go there at all is to farm Soul ash
    for you legendary and then upgarde your legendary.

I find that little bit underwhelming reward.

Therefore its same as vissions.
    Vissions were kind of fun.

Torghast looks even more fun and more challenging.

If would add benthic kind of gear to torghast to make it more interesting.

The twistiing corridors in torghast have 18 floors, and are really dificult to say the least

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    How do I access these 18 Floor Levels?
    I only see two (different) portals active each week, that have 8 stages with 6 floors each.
    You have to complete the 8 layers of one of the portals.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you get a mount for the maw by completing the 8th layer of the twisting corridors.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is versions with more floors, but it's not much better. The hope is blizz will add versions with even more and more floors.
    But as torghast is, if they reader the 30 floor version, then after like 10 floors you just 1 shot everything and the rest is running simulator.
    Which it's fun for a bit to judt1 shot everything, but it wears off quick. It's what the heroic one was the 72 floors in alpha.

The first 3 floors were insanely hard
    Then the other 69 were just literally "run to end"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selennah View Post
    The twistiing corridors in torghast have 18 floors, and are really dificult to say the least

- - - Updated - - -

You have to complete the 8 layers of one of the portals.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you get a mount for the maw by completing the 8th layer of the twisting corridors.
    You also can currently only do twisting corridors in a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    As far as I know there is 6 floors ... but 8 difficulties.

Hovewer what bothers me is that only reason I saw so far to go there at all is to farm Soul ash
    for you legendary and then upgarde your legendary.

I find that little bit underwhelming reward.

Therefore its same as vissions.
    Vissions were kind of fun.

Torghast looks even more fun and more challenging.

If would add benthic kind of gear to torghast to make it more interesting.
    The rewards are soul ash.and for fun, and also for some quests too. Why is that a bad thing for something to be there for just fun?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Endless dungeon sounded too fun, and they have a strict quota on fun, they had to take it out to make room for further fun later down the line.
    Endless is not fun. Take this from someone who played endless when it sorta existed in alpha. At your 2 of your endless run you were bored out of your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Sounds awful. Why would they do that? An endless trial/dungeon is so fucking cool.

Way to kill the entire expansion main feature for literally no reason. Bad form, blizzard.
    Because an endless trail/dungeon sounds cool. But in practice is not. Thank you blizz for saving the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Every day im seeing on streams, forum posts, trade chat on beta that people know so LITTLE about the systems of torghast. Most people dont even know what the Conductor is and whats it used for, or about the sub-faction of each covenant, or the massive timegating on power gains.
    Yes, and people who obviously haven't played the beta saying things like "it's so fun" and Such.

Torghast is fun.
    The endless mode in concept sounds fun
    But when you sit down and actually think about it, no it's not fun AT ALL
    There is so many reasons the endless torghast was not good. I do want longer things back like we have the 6 and the 18. I would love a 24 and a 30. But no more, after that it's too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Endless is not fun. Take this from someone who played endless when it sorta existed in alpha. At your 2 of your endless run you were bored out of your mind.
    I played it too when it was "Endless" (technically only 72 floors), but it only got boring because you vastly outscaled the enemies and there was no real challenge after the first 5 floors. I wish they would have put in some effort to balance it to make it scale better instead of just yoinking the feature altogether. Now it will just be islands 2.0 where you just go to get your weekly bits and pieces, and probably never go there again once you have the legendaries you want. Kind of a let down for a selling point feature of the expansion.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

7+ Year Old Account
    I played it too when it was "Endless" (technically only 72 floors), but it only got boring because you vastly outscaled the enemies and there was no real challenge after the first 5 floors. I wish they would have put in some effort to balance it to make it scale better instead of just yoinking the feature altogether. Now it will just be islands 2.0 where you just go to get your weekly bits and pieces, and probably never go there again once you have the legendaries you want. Kind of a let down for a selling point feature of the expansion.
    Yes, and with something like torghast there is ZERO way to balance it, putting effort in to balance it instead of effort in to balance classes would be a trainwreck.

1. it is still fun, very fun, even if you only do a few floors at a time, this allows you to have a different build every run, instead of in the infinite mode just eventually getting everything ever time.
    2. to have something that is literally just "do it once, then you can do it for fun" is fucking amazing, thank god.

3. why cant it be balanced? well cause there is 36 different specs, and each of them have something like 20 different powers, to balance it so its HARD for all of them but DOABLE would just be fucking impossible. especially since you need to make it so a bad build makes it hard, a good build makes it doable, and an amazing build makes it easy. now do that with every single fucking spec in the game, and especilaly with how INSANE powers in torghast are. THERE IS NO WAY TO BALANCE IT

and torghast being unbalanced is one of the most fucking fun things about it.

being able to slow enemies permantly to 10% movement speed while they also tick down on hp, and when they die they give me perma 1% intelect each, and also as they die they heal me, oh and enemies cant attack me unless in melee range, even if they are casters/rangers. oh and i can jump like i have perma hotfoot from visions, oh and every few ticks they get hit by blasts of shadowdamage that reduce their hit chance and oh yeah they also get stunned every so often, and oh yeah when i press my summon darkglare cooldown which is only 15 seconds, it summons 8 darkglares , or if im demonolgy i can have an infinite army of permanent demonic tyrants.

yeah its fun.
    for a bit then it becomes boring as shit.

so yes its islands 2.0, but the difference is torghast is actually fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is versions with more floors, but it's not much better. The hope is blizz will add versions with even more and more floors.
    But as torghast is, if they reader the 30 floor version, then after like 10 floors you just 1 shot everything and the rest is running simulator.
    Which it's fun for a bit to judt1 shot everything, but it wears off quick. It's what the heroic one was the 72 floors in alpha.

The first 3 floors were insanely hard
    Then the other 69 were just literally "run to end"

- - - Updated - - -

You also can currently only do twisting corridors in a group.
    - - - Updated - - -

That's not true, I run twisting corridors everyday because I find it fun, and never been in a group.... always alone.

- - - Updated - - -

No fun at all, the 18 floors one takes 2 to 3 hours to finish it... the first time I did the stage 8 it took me near 5 hours... believe me, it's not fun AT ALL:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selennah View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

That's not true, I run twisting corridors everyday because I find it fun, and never been in a group.... always alone.

- - - Updated - - -

No fun at all, the 18 floors one takes 2 to 3 hours to finish it... the first time I did the stage 8 it took me near 5 hours... believe me, it's not fun AT ALL:
    odd for a lot of people it refuses to appear unless you are in a group.

Blizzard actually pulled a really neat trick with Torghast. Initially it was a really popular feature that everyone didn't want it messed with too much, but no one liked being limited to 1-3 runs a week and wanted it opened up. So Blizz opened it up, but made Torghast really boring so you'll only want to go in 1 to 3 times a week anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Blizzard actually pulled a really neat trick with Torghast. Initially it was a really popular feature that everyone didn't want it messed with too much, but no one liked being limited to 1-3 runs a week and wanted it opened up. So Blizz opened it up, but made Torghast really boring so you'll only want to go in 1 to 3 times a week anyway.
    I swear blizzard just cannot do shit right these days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Endless would end up boring you eventually so its fine and reallly the only people I see whining about Torghast is this forum. Thats about it. It isn't gonna bomb like people think it is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi