Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Immortals: Fenyx Rising (fka Gods and Monsters)

Apparently, Immortals Fenyx Rising (which was previously titled Gods and Monsters) from Ubisoft is getting a lot of good press in the last day or so. The game looks like a Zelda: BotW with Greek Mythology. Open world, third person combat and exploration.

I am looking forward to this as I didn't get to play (but wanted to) BotW, since that would probably be the only game I would have gotten for the switch.

This will be coming to almost all platforms (this gen)

Trailer (And yes, the music in the trailer is out of place)

First Impressions

Last edited by Redwyrm; 2020-09-10 at 11:56 PM.

It seems fun ^^ i cant wait to try it !

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm sold. I love 3rd person action-adventure rpgs. And the art style is really appealing to me as well.

There's something...off about the player model in their marketing materials/videos. Her head seems a bit too big or something, especially compared to her torso. Just a weird proportional thing.

Either way, I'm impressed with what they're showing since it was first announced. It's definitely a departure for them stylistically, but IIRC it's the same team that worked on Odyssey and I bloody love that game. This looking like more of that, plus a whole lot more fun stuff since they're not bound by AC rules. And I'm very pleasantly surprised to see a character customization system, that's a nice addition.

I don't like they brought over the stamina gauge for climbing. But everything else looks great though, but dang this holiday season is so packed already, I'm def gonna get it and play it eventually though.

They made her/it a ginger...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    They made her/it a ginger...
    You can customize Fenyx to look like whatever you want. Including sex.

As for the OP, a lot of the gaming reporters that I follow all seemed surprisingly positive on this game. Something about the UI and the character models turn me off though, but if the game is truly good I could always get over that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ubisoft got my attention on that game but... I wait if will appear on steam.

Apparently the name "Gods and Monsters" was contested by Monster Energy in some legal fight. Seem they just said "fuck it" and went with a different name. Does this mean anything with the name "Monster" in their product is now gonna be fought in court by Monster Energy?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...cuments-reveal
    https://www.pcgamer.com/gods-and-mon...onster-energy/
    https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...k-603623.phtml
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Let me guess, the controls will be dogshit with kb&mouse.

These kinds of games usually *recommend using a controler.

*recommend = use a controler or your experience will suffer; that's not to say the game is unplayable with kb&mouse, we're just saying that it's not the optimal experience.

Kingdoms of Amalur, Witcher 3, Dark Souls 123, Darksiders 123, etc...
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-09-16 at 09:51 AM.

Why aren't more people here talking about this game? Too busy discussing how CDPR is either the devil or a genius??

Barring the obvious ripoff/comparison, this is a very fun, lighthearted action rpg. Kind of reminds me of a simpler, arcadey version of BotW that runs smooth and is just fun to play. I just started it and find it to be just plain old stress free gameplay...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Why aren't more people here talking about this game? Too busy discussing how CDPR is either the devil or a genius??

Barring the obvious ripoff/comparison, this is a very fun, lighthearted action rpg. Kind of reminds me of a simpler, arcadey version of BotW that runs smooth and is just fun to play. I just started it and find it to be just plain old stress free gameplay...
    It's definitely odd considering the love people have for this art style, and gameplay elements. If I'm going to be pessimistic, I'd say it's because it's a Ubisoft game, which seems like everyone has an irrational dislike towards. It's a beautiful and incredibly enjoyable game, very unlike other games this developer makes. And it's not overly long either. I beat the game in around 40 hours, but could have done so in half that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was quite enjoying the game until a bug made my characters wings vanish. It's still playable, but now she flies around like Ironman and it just feels bizarre so I stopped playing hoping the bug would be fixed. That was a week ago. Still bugged. And from reading the forums I am not the only person with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    It's definitely odd considering the love people have for this art style, and gameplay elements. If I'm going to be pessimistic, I'd say it's because it's a Ubisoft game, which seems like everyone has an irrational dislike towards. It's a beautiful and incredibly enjoyable game, very unlike other games this developer makes. And it's not overly long either. I beat the game in around 40 hours, but could have done so in half that time.
    It also came out just after two other Ubisoft games that are both part of much larger franchises so I can see how it got lost in the shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    There's nothing irrational about disliking Ubisoft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

It also came out just after two other Ubisoft games that are both part of much larger franchises so I can see how it got lost in the shuffle.
    Which is just one reason why people hate Ubisoft....oversaturation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably play it eventually when ti goes down in price. Greek mythology is right in my wheel house

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Let me guess, the controls will be dogshit with kb&mouse.

These kinds of games usually *recommend using a controler.

*recommend = use a controler or your experience will suffer; that's not to say the game is unplayable with kb&mouse, we're just saying that it's not the optimal experience.

Kingdoms of Amalur, Witcher 3, Dark Souls 123, Darksiders 123, etc...
    I consider Kingdoms of Amalur much better with a KB+M actually haha.

As for the topic, I want to play this game, it looks like a lot of fun but am busy with Shadowlands, I did buy it though, an xmas gift for my gpa.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I haven’t had a chance to play this game yet, but I’ve heard nothing but great things about it. I’ll definitely be giving it a go at some point.

From what I’ve gathered, it’s basically a better version of Breath of the Wild. Which is good, because I was one of those people that found BotW to actually be extremely bland, boring, and lackluster due to being a huge open world with basically nothing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuffisenough View Post
    I haven’t had a chance to play this game yet, but I’ve heard nothing but great things about it. I’ll definitely be giving it a go at some point.

From what I’ve gathered, it’s basically a better version of Breath of the Wild. Which is good, because I was one of those people that found BotW to actually be extremely bland, boring, and lackluster due to being a huge open world with basically nothing in it.
    I wouldn't say it's better, it just replaces the focus on exploration with the typical Ubisoft checklist of things to do. Don't get me wrong I love the game and it's a great, albeit rather blatant, BotW clone just don't expect it to be drastically different from other Ubisoft titles it's just really fun and doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I wouldn't say it's better, it just replaces the focus on exploration with the typical Ubisoft checklist of things to do. Don't get me wrong I love the game and it's a great, albeit rather blatant, BotW clone just don't expect it to be drastically different from other Ubisoft titles it's just really fun and doesn't overstay it's welcome.
    Sounds perfect then! I still enjoy Assassins Creed so I should like this game. The fact that it doesn’t seem to have as much bloat as the AC games is even more appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only learned of the game after I saw it on Zero Punctuation. I then watched The post-ZP Stream of him playing the game. Yeah, not my cup of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?