Poll: Special Senate Runoff Outcome

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This will be a D sweep or an R sweep.

Both groups are going to campaign together.

Might be the first actual campaign contribution i make to a senate race.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I voted Dem sweep since that's my desire. My issue is, that it's gonna be mired with outside of state political funding, that's gonna messy up the message. News will be talking about who's bringing in the most money, instead of the policies. They key is message. they key is getting that message to voters and getting those voters to actually vote. 50 million dollars being streamed in from California isn't gonna do that.

Like if your donating to this race, realize your not really doing anything to help it.

I was looking at the special election and I had no idea Warnock was leading by so much--a 7% lead over Loeffler. Were it not for the 50% rule he would have won handily. Shame.

Getting one is incredibly optimistic. I think the best bet is double or nothing. Pick the candidate with the best chance and go all in, and hope any enthusiasm brings the other along on coattails. Hammer the corruption angle nonstop, stock dividends for them, nothing for you. Piss the people off that are SOL because of COVID and then give them rides to polling stations. Rent some buses and drive around neighborhoods offering rides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I was looking at the special election and I had no idea Warnock was leading by so much--a 7% lead over Loeffler. Were it not for the 50% rule he would have won handily. Shame.
    But the number 3 in that race was another R with another 20%. If those voters transition to the only R on the ballot...

Of course, that could be said about all the low percentage Democrat names in that special election, too.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    But the number 3 in that race was another R with another 20%. If those voters transition to the only R on the ballot...

Of course, that could be said about all the low percentage Democrat names in that special election, too.
    Yeah, that's why I said "shame".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yeah, that's why I said "shame".
    Fair enough.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

How will there be split winners in this?

Are there really going to be that many people the vote Red and then vote Blue as well?

Not sure I see that happening. Going all one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

Are there really going to be that many people the vote Red and then vote Blue as well?

Centrist and moderates...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    This will be a D sweep or an R sweep.

Both groups are going to campaign together.

I think they probably do both go the same way, but the reason there could be a split is largely because Loeffler was appointed to Isakson's seat and sometimes voters don't like the choice the governor made (see Alabama 2018 for example).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks like a chunk of the Biden campaign is basically moving to Georgia to keep campaigning until the runoffs.

I could be wrong but Trump's campaign team, broke, preoccupied, and demoralized as it is, will hopefully not be doing any campaigning there.

It looks to me like Georgia Republicans are throwing their support behind Trump. When he fails to overturn the results hopefully that backfires on them. And hopefully the split ticket fuckers realize that the guys they voted for are trying to keep the guy they voted against in office.

And hopefully Trump's hardcore base will be disinterested in voting in an election that doesn't involve the big orange guy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It looks like a chunk of the Biden campaign is basically moving to Georgia to keep campaigning until the runoffs.

I could be wrong but Trump's campaign team, broke, preoccupied, and demoralized as it is, will hopefully not be doing any campaigning there.

It looks to me like Georgia Republicans are throwing their support behind Trump. When he fails to overturn the results hopefully that backfires on them. And hopefully the split ticket fuckers realize that the guys they voted for are trying to keep the guy they voted against in office.

And hopefully Trump's hardcore base will be disinterested in voting in an election that doesn't involve the big orange guy himself.
    They basically know that if Trump says "screw you guys I'm going home!" the republican party is totally screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    They basically know that if Trump says "screw you guys I'm going home!" the republican party is totally screwed.
    No, they just need to prop up another idiot they think people want to drink beer with. There is no way they can have another billionaire run as the populist... people can’t fall for it twice... now drinking beer... fuck it... taking it up a notch... drinking a bacon micro brew with the president, that’s solid...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, they just need to prop up another idiot they think people want to drink beer with. There is no way they can have another billionaire run as the populist... people can’t fall for it twice... now drinking beer... fuck it... taking it up a notch... drinking a bacon micro brew with the president, that’s solid...
    Maybe... Just seems that people are more loyal to Trump than the party currently.

10+ Year Old Account

Because Americans have this romanticized view of "divided government". This is pushed hard by most media pundits.

So low information voters see themselves as the Jedi Council. More interested in a mythical balance, while ignoring how many MRA podcasts Anakin has been listening too.

These delusions will cause some voters to split their vote.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Serious warning, but I also found it funny, not the least because you know people have joked about doing this. From Georgia's Secretary of State:

(ATLANTA) – Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger issued a warning Friday to out-of-state partisans seeking to vote in the Jan. 5 runoff election for Senate: Moving to the state with the sole purpose of voting and leaving is illegal and is considered voter fraud. Per O.C.G.A § 21-2-561, it is a felony to register to vote in Georgia if you are not a resident of Georgia with no intention of leaving and is punishable by up to 10 years in jail and a $100,000 fine.

“Let me be clear, those who come to Georgia with the intention of voter fraud will be prosecuted,” said Secretary Raffensperger. “We thoroughly investigate every single allegation of voter fraud. Anyone is welcome to move to the state named the No. 1 place to do business. However, let me warn anyone attempting election mischief: If you illegally participate in our elections, you might be spending a lot more time in Georgia than you planned.”

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger has a team of seasoned investigators who have been looking into every allegation of illegal voting and fraud. The secretary’s investigators will look into voter fraud allegations, including any allegations of non-residents registering to vote or voting.

The secretary’s comments address legitimate concerns raised by statements from Andrew Yang, the former Democratic presidential candidate who said he would “move” to Georgia for the runoff. He later clarified that he will not register to vote.

“Anyone moving to our state to attempt to illegally influence the election could face a hefty fine and the possibility of up to 10 years behind bars,” said Deputy Secretary of State Jordan Fuchs. “Do you value your freedom? If so, don’t commit voter fraud in Georgia.”
    I had a chuckle.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine running this ad for your campaign...

If you're explaining, you're losing

Also, last week to get registered!
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Imagine running this ad for your campaign...

If you're explaining, you're losing

Also, last week to get registered!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW52q9f23DE

The "not involved in human trafficking" seems added but otherwise...I guess he's trying to cozy up to Trump with the "Totally exonerated" language? I know both him and Loeffler are falling over themselves to prove they're the biggest Trump supporter in the hopes that it will keep Republicans from boycotting the "rigged" January runoff.

It's weird, in CA, I'm getting texts from people wanting me to register to vote in the GA election:
    We recently mailed you an application to vote absentee by mail in the Georgia runoff election on January 5th. Will you send it in? Or just apply online here> https://ballotrequest.sos.ga.gov
    The direction the US Senate takes is at stake! -Honest Elections Project
    Stop2End
    Wonder who/why?
    Democrats trying to fraudulently win the election?
    Republicans trying to make it look like dems are fraudulently trying to win the election?
    Just a "mistake" by someone too lazy to make sure they are sending these to the right people?