Poll: Special Senate Runoff Outcome

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So Warnock has won, Ossof/Perdue might still get interesting?
    It looks like the only question is if it will land within a 0.5% difference or not... with most projections saying it will not. Perdue (I still can't get over the fact that "perdu" is French for lost, btw) doesn't seem to have any counties left where he can make up the difference anymore. The counties that are incomplete are pretty blue.

Ossoff has won, they're just waiting for another batch or two of votes before they call it.

I just realized something. The Scotus remains 6-3 but Breyer can now retire and not have any worries about his replacement.

"interesting" means will it be called in favor of Ossof at 7am, 8:30am, 10:00am, or later (all times EST).

According to Yahoo, he currently has over a 16k vote lead, and all the remaining votes are in very blue areas. Maybe in one very blue area?

Thanks for all the answers! So Donald fucked up the Senate for Republicans, since the Senate will be tied now and the VP breaks ties, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not really, no. Ossoff is already 0.4% ahead and 3/4 of the outstanding votes are expected to fall to Ossoff based on the location of said remaining votes.

Ossoff should end up winning by about 50k votes, or a 1.1% margin, well above the 0.5% recount threshold.
    This is amazing to me. Absolutely amazing. Both Ossof and Warnock defeated republican Senate candidates in 1 on 1 battles in Georgia

50k is a decent margin too!

Next states to flip would be North Carolina and Texas. We have to make up for losing Ohio!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You might have forgotten (or perhaps never knew), but Kemp won his election in 2018 with a close margin... over Stacey Abrams.

Yes, the woman who may have single-handedly secured Georgia for the Democrats in this election with her voter registration campaign, lost her bid for the Georgia governorship by only 0.4%.
    I feel obliged to point out that I misread the numbers when I was typing this. Kemp won 50.2% to Abrams 48.8%, which is actually a margin of 1.4%, not 0.4%.

Kemp narrowly avoided a runoff election by about 8.7k votes.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Thanks for all the answers! So Donald fucked up the Senate for Republicans, since the Senate will be tied now and the VP breaks ties, right?
    Exactly. The fact that any one democratic Senator can pretty much single handedly block any bill or provision will still somewhat hamper democrats, but that's much better than McConnell having veto power over everything.

Been so locked into the election, damn Trumpers getting fucked up by the DC po po. Good, fuck em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    According to Yahoo, he currently has over a 16k vote lead, and all the remaining votes are in very blue areas. Maybe in one very blue area?
    Here's the map of remaining outstanding votes (they're almost all very blue):

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

So in 4 years Trumpism lost the Presidency and Congress. Republicans bet on the wrong horse..

What's the chance of a Republican Civil War after January 20th?

Chatham county has like 3k votes left or something, but I think they stopped counting for the night so don't expect that maybe this afternoon. Basically the only way this goes to recount is, if all 17k registered military votes that were requested, If every single one comes back, all 17k goes to Perdue. But even if all 17k go to Perdue and they do recount, Ossoff will still win.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    0%. Even though a certain conspiracy theorist gets a rager proposing it, thebchances if it are nil, since the military would wipe the floor with the wannabes as easily as I wipe my ass after a shit.

I think it'll start tomorrow. Republican party has deeeeeeep schisms right now. they're all fighting to be heir apparent, so fucking stupid, thinking trump will give his blessings to any of them to be next president.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Been so locked into the election, damn Trumpers getting fucked up by the DC po po. Good, fuck em.
    It was just called by Vox.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    0%. Even though a certain conspiracy theorist gets a rager proposing it, thebchances if it are nil, since the military would wipe the floor with the wannabes as easily as I wipe my ass after a shit.
    I think he means the chance of strong republican fighting amongst themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I meant Republican Party.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So in 4 years Trumpism lost the Presidency and Congress. Republicans bet on the wrong horse..
    That horse was a one-legged diabetic with a weapons grade mental illness even then, they can only blame themselves for this.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think it'll start tomorrow. Republican party has deeeeeeep schisms right now. they're all fighting to be heir apparent, so fucking stupid, thinking trump will give his blessings to any of them to be next president.
    And how can the Democrats cause further schism inside the Republicans?

always thought there was two types of republicans multi millionaires and morons. not anymore, rich, poor, they're all just all morons, what's in your bank account is not a factor anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

And how can the Democrats cause further schism inside the Republicans?
    They shouldn't do anything, not one thing. republicans dug themselves into a hole, no need to give them a shovel, and no need to give them a ladder to get themselves out. Democrats need to be united with each other, get shit done for americans, fix this pandemic, economy, and let republicans destroy themselves.