Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With the Blizzcon Yeti cosmute, RaF Adventurer's costumer, the Shadowlands CE Spirit costume and now the spiriti darter?

yeah, I am pretty certain Blizzard is aware of selling tmog...

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Indeed it does. People who waste money on the shop should leave.
    No people who bully others that use the shop into conforming to their ownj opinion should leave. Those that don't like the shop are free to leave themselves if it bothers them so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Who are they to tell me how to behave in a fantasy sandbox?
    Blizzard tells you how to behave. And bullying others like you do is a banable offense.

I do it would be better if these things never existed. It isn't a positive to have a cashshop at all.
    The cash shop is a positive and doesn't harm the game. You are free to leave the game if it bothers you so much.

Please please please Blizz do! I would pay 500€ for T3 and 1000€ for Corrupted Ashbringer. Be smart, make money!

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    I will leave you alone as soon as you stop buying items from the store. Buying anything from the store is a bully to me and anyone with the same mindset all the same.

Again, it isn't anything personal. But this matter takes an eye for an eye. We either all go blind or we stop fighting.
    You have to understand that in this matter, myself and people like me don't feel like the aggressor, but rather victimized and thus in rebellion.

As long as you can't understand that, there can be no solution.

Things would definitely change if more people would stand up. That's just the thing /shrug

Just because I'm one of few actually willing to stand up doesn't mean I'm going to sit down. That's just not in my nature.
    People buying things fro the shop ihn no way bullies you. IN fact it doesn't affect you personally at all.

The cash shop is staying. If it bothers you that much, stop playing. Trying to bully others into conforming to your opinion is what is bad for the game. That is what needs to be removed from the game, not the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    Not really but I understand what irony is. Me taking action against someone isn't me telling them not to do something. They are free to do as they please.
    Yes it is. You are denying them access to a part of the game because they don't conform to you opinion. So, you are bullying others into playing the game your way all while railing against it being done to you. Irony and hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I have no issue with video game companies selling cosmetics. Have at it.

However, if my progress through the game is directly impeded by the in-game store, then they can fuck right off.
    I agree to some extent.
    Right now the sets we've got from the BFA raids/dungeons were shit. If they decide to do the same in the new expansions... and will sell cooler sets - then they can fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    they know its a cash cow. They just need to get the desire to milk it.
    I think that they're trying to balance around it. Just to see how far they can go untill people start to boycott them.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People buying things fro the shop ihn no way bullies you. IN fact it doesn't affect you personally at all.

The cash shop is staying. If it bothers you that much, stop playing. Trying to bully others into conforming to your opinion is what is bad for the game. That is what needs to be removed from the game, not the cash shop.
    I think you need to go back and read his posts a little more thoroughly, since you seem to misunderstand his point.

He has explained his perspective very well and made clear why he is of said opinion.

There is no need to try to "police" someones opinion the way you do, that is a bullying attitude if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    No matter how cool the transmog set is, a lot of people will look down on it or simply find it bad because it's being sold on the store just like how store mounts are treated no matter how cool or unique they might be.
    And I don't blame them. I'd rather wear a set I earned (be it from past challenge dungeons, PvP elite sets or simply sets from legacy raids) than be that person that pays money to look cool in a video game.
    Then wear a set you earned. Others buying things in no way prevents you from wearing a set you earned. Stop trying to dictate how others play the game. You already have the ability to play the game how you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    I think you need to go back and read his posts a little more thoroughly, since you seem to misunderstand his point.

He has explained his perspective very well and made clear why he is of said opinion.

There is no need to try to "police" someones opinion the way you do, that is a bullying attitude if anything.
    No it isn't, because I am not trying to force people to conform to my opinion. He is still free to not use the cash shop and play the game as it has no impact on game play. He is literally kicking people for wearing transmog from the shop. That is the bullying attitude, not anything I have done. Claiming that others buying transmog bullies him is absurd. It has absolutely zero bearing on his playing of the game.

No it isn't, because I am not trying to force people to conform to my opinion. He is still free to not use the cash shop and play the game as it has no impact on game play. He is literally kicking people for wearing transmog from the shop. That is the bullying attitude, not anything I have done. Claiming that others buying transmog bullies him is absurd. It has absolutely zero bearing on his playing of the game.
    He has stated several times how he sees it affects both the game in the long-term and in result him as well, and why he chooses to not take players in his groups using store-items. While you dont have to agree with that he has a good point.

You might think thats bullying but in reality its in his own right to pick who he wants for his groups.

Then wear a set you earned. Others buying things in no way prevents you from wearing a set you earned. Stop trying to dictate how others play the game. You already have the ability to play the game how you want.

- - - Updated - - -

As stated many times before in this and other threads... it has huge impact for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    As stated many times before in this and other threads... it has huge impact for the game.
    No, it doesn't. It is purely cosemtic and is not required to play the game at all. It does not take any resources away from the game as the resources used in the cash shop would not exist if the shop didn't exist. All other claims are made up due to player entitlement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    He has stated several times how he sees it affects both the game in the long-term and in result him as well, and why he chooses to not take players in his groups using store-items. While you dont have to agree with that he has a good point.

You might think thats bullying but in reality its in his own right to pick who he wants for his groups.
    It is bullying because he is trying to force people to conform to his opinion. Bascially he is declaring himself right and runing the game experience for anyone that doesn't agree with him. He does not have a good point because the shop has been purely cosmetic for it's entire existence and at no time has been required to play the game. His attitude towards other players needs to be removed from the game. If the cash shop bothers him so much unsub and boycott. Stop bullying other players.

No, it doesn't. It is purely cosemtic and is not required to play the game at all. It does not take any resources away from the game as the resources used in the cash shop would not exist if the shop didn't exist. All other claims are made up due to player entitlement.
    Sigh... here we go again explaining same thing in another thread.
    It does impact the game... in huge way.
    They are not making the game to be good.
    Money is the only thing that any company cares.

How Blizzard made money 10 years ago on WoW? By making the game crazy good and fullfilable for time investment and player to player interactions. Just check the huge success of Classic and (put the most known TBC/WotLK private server name here) as examples.
    Time passed and the game has changed alot by LFR, LFG, pet battles and other shit like that and many people left not liking these chagnes. How they want to fix not getting enough money from leaving subs and without investing much their time and resources? By doing microtransactions so Blizzard does not need to care about rest of the game... since people are willing to pay for this or even buy 6 months of playtime just to get another mount that they will not even use.

Yes.
    It does impact the game.

It is bullying because he is trying to force people to conform to his opinion. Bascially he is declaring himself right and runing the game experience for anyone that doesn't agree with him. He does not have a good point because the shop has been purely cosmetic for it's entire existence and at no time has been required to play the game. His attitude towards other players needs to be removed from the game. If the cash shop bothers him so much unsub and boycott. Stop bullying other players.
    You completely ignored my point where he can choose who to invite to his own groups, its all up to him.

No he never tried to force his opinion on anyone in the thread, he just stated it and some people like you couldnt accept it.

You're the bully in this scenario when you think certain opinions shouldnt be allowed or removed, dont you see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Sigh... here we go again explaining same thing in another thread.
    It does impact the game... in huge way.
    They are not making the game to be good.
    Money is the only thing that any company cares.
    No it doesn't. If they have no money, there is no game.

How Blizzard made money 10 years ago on WoW? By making the game crazy good and fullfilable for time investment and player to player interactions. Just check the huge success of Classic and (put the most known TBC/WotLK private server name here) as examples.
    Time passed and the game has changed alot by LFR, LFG, pet battles and other shit like that and many people left not liking these chagnes. How they want to fix not getting enough money from leaving subs and without investing much their time and resources? By doing microtransactions so Blizzard does not need to care about rest of the game... since people are willing to pay for this or even buy 6 months of playtime just to get another mount that they will not even use.

It does impact the game.
    And many people like all those changes you listed. Also, the game is old, 16 years old to be exact. This game would have died years ago if they didn't add things like the cash shop. The MMO as a genre is dying out. Players have gotten older, have less time on their hands to play the game, got bored with it regardless of what is in it. Also, it is absutrd to say the cash shop lets them not care about the game because the game can die even with the cash shop if enough people stop playing. They are still investing a lot of resources and time into this game and for the devs it is their passion. Everything you said comes from one place and one place only.

"I don't like the game" .

Everything you said is a variation of that. The trut facts are that this game was always going to lose palyers and come to a point where players leaving was going to outnumber new ones coming in. The cash shop has allowed the game to exists 16 years later as it likely would already be dead by now if they didn't try things like that. Also, the devs have ZERO to do with what is put in the cash shop as that is a completely separate group of people and does not factor into the devs decision making.

No.
    It does not impact the game in any way except keeping it in business long past what would have been it's expiration date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly at this point it really doesn't matter if they add Xmogs or not. When compared to their competition they are still putting the least into the shop (though they tend to have higher prices). While i don't personally believe there should be a paid shop in a sub game, that ship has long since sailed and anyone trying to argue that point is a decade behind. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing some more variation in stuff added to it, though i would like to see the prices be a little more reasonable at least.

The cash shop is a positive and doesn't harm the game. You are free to leave the game if it bothers you so much.
    Every item put into the cash shop is less content for the actual gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Jesus, Is it impossible to be a good player and enjoy buying cool things at the store at the same time? o.O
    good players dont do LFR.

OT: i dont mind transmog on the store but the pricing is BS. also it comes with the 6 month plan, so basing its succes because you see alot of people in game with the tmog is flawed. sure there are people who bought it, or decided now is the time to start that 6 month plan. but most already had the 6 month plan

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Every item put into the cash shop is less content for the actual gameplay.
    That is completely false. The game and cash shop are two completely separate entities. If the cash shop does not exist, the resources used to make the things in it do not exist. Those resources were never taken away from the game and the shop resources don't go into the game if the shop goes away either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Honestly at this point it really doesn't matter if they add Xmogs or not. When compared to their competition they are still putting the least into the shop (though they tend to have higher prices). While i don't personally believe there should be a paid shop in a sub game, that ship has long since sailed and anyone trying to argue that point is a decade behind. I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing some more variation in stuff added to it, though i would like to see the prices be a little more reasonable at least.
    The prices reflect what the market will bear to pay for it. What you think is unreasonable, other players see as completely reasonable. As long as enough people are willing to pay, BLizzard will keep the price.

No it doesn't. If they have no money, there is no game.
    There are many examples that good game is good enough to make money without microtransactions.

And many people like all those changes you listed.
    I've never said otherwise.

Also, the game is old, 16 years old to be exact. This game would have died years ago if they didn't add things like the cash shop.
    Yes... game shop is exactly the reason this game is still alive... you are 100% right.
    Classic is totally dead too...

The MMO as a genre is dying out. Players have gotten older, have less time on their hands to play the game, got bored with it regardless of what is in it.
    Other genres of games are just more profitable.

Also, it is absutrd to say the cash shop lets them not care about the game because the game can die even with the cash shop if enough people stop playing. They are still investing a lot of resources and time into this game and for the devs it is their passion. Everything you said comes from one place and one place only.
    I've got different view on literally anything you've just pointed out... but it is very subjective thing i guess.

"I don't like the game" .

Everything you said is a variation of that. The trut facts are that this game was always going to lose palyers and come to a point where players leaving was going to outnumber new ones coming in.
    The problem is... there are more people leaving than coming in.
    Otherwise they would still show number of subs.

The cash shop has allowed the game to exists 16 years later as it likely would already be dead by now if they didn't try things like that.
    Game shop is not here from 16 years... and saying the game would be dead otherwise is total clairvoyance.

Also, the devs have ZERO to do with what is put in the cash shop as that is a completely separate group of people and does not factor into the devs decision making.
    That is exactly the problem.
    People that are not responsible for the game making these decisions.

No.
    It does not impact the game in any way except keeping it in business long past what would have been it's expiration date.
    Again.
    It does but will not continue to change your mind anymore.

That is completely false. The game and cash shop are two completely separate entities. If the cash shop does not exist, the resources used to make the things in it do not exist. Those resources were never taken away from the game and the shop resources don't go into the game if the shop goes away either.
    Please provide some evidence that Blizzard has separate Milking Department completely removed from rest of the dev team pushing crap into Cash Shop.