Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that's not winning by any reasonable standard. That's making up arbitrary standards to make your argument right. By your logic, you win groceries every time you shop at a grocery store.
    no beacause real life is not a game, let alone an mmo, if u cant see why gear matters, evne if theyre cosmetic then i cant help u

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    snip
    Of course its pay to win, you win the gear without having to put in any effort at all by just clicking it off the store.

Thats a win for me if it saves me the trouble of farming a raid-set for weeks on end, maybe it isnt for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Of course its pay to win, you win the gear without having to put in any effort at all by just clicking it off the store.

Thats a win for me if it saves me the trouble of farming a raid-set for weeks on end, maybe it isnt for you?
    So, in your opinion, World of Warcraft is a pay to win game since Blizzard created the in game store with mounts, pets, etc?

If your answer is no ... you select items that make a game pay to win or not, and it make no senses, right?
    If your answer is yes ... adding xmogs in the store would not change the game we know today, right?

So, in your opinion, World of Warcraft is a pay to win game since Blizzard created the in game store with mounts, pets, etc?

If your answer is no ... you select items that make a game pay to win or not, and it make no senses, right?
    If your answer is yes ... adding xmogs in the store would not change the game we know today, right?
    Yes it has been pay to win in different senses from the start, and yes it definately would change the game to the worse as explained in the thread.

Yes it has been pay to win in different senses from the start, and yes it definately would change the game to the worse as explained in the thread.
    What's your definition of 'winning' in wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    What's your definition of 'winning' in wow?
    Progressing my character in different ways, obtaining gear/mounts beating difficult raidbosses.

Its a subjective thing, but they can all be paid for by either real money or gold.

Progressing my character in different ways, obtaining gear/mounts beating difficult raidbosses.

Its a subjective thing, but they can all be paid for by either real money or gold.
    Sure, but we can make literally anything and everything a subjective definition if we wanted to. For example, I could say I don't believe Uldir is a raid because, subjectively speaking, raids to me are when there are 40 players grouped up in an instance.

Certain things actually have definitions to them, including pay-to-win, and using the objective definition, transmogs and mount skins are not pay-to-win.

As I said before, you can have a subjective opinion about it and call it pay to win, just like I can think Uldir isn't a raid.

I can think Uldir isn't a raid.
    Sure, I mean I wont hold it against you if you do.

You do you.

I would so buy HD versions of gear already in the game. HD Bloodfang anyone?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

So if they add 10 more mounts to the store it's fine ... but if they add 3 xmogs ... is the game going in a terrible direction?

It seems like you don't really care if people buy mounts (which could be purchased in raid boss loots) but you care if people buy appearances (which could be purchased in raid boss loots).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure, I mean I wont hold it against you if you do.

You do you.
    Yes but do you understand how just because that is my 'opinion' doesn't mean it is objectively correct by any means?

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    no beacause real life is not a game, let alone an mmo, if u cant see why gear matters, evne if theyre cosmetic then i cant help u
    You do know that cosmetics have no stats, right? That means they are for transmog only. So cosmetcs do not matter in terms of game play.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not doing this.
    It's like I said. The posts quantity shows that thread raises very strong passions on both sides of the opinion.
    It seems to me that a lot of people want to see xmogs in the game store. Blizzard should hear them.
    Don't sell xmogs because some people DO NOT approve of selling xmogs is pretty stupid. Tell me your favorite type of clothing. Okay, no matter what you call your outfit ... I don't approve of selling it.
    How does it feel?
    No it doesn't. All it shows is the dame 2 or 3 posters bickering back and forth to the point where you are just going round in circles. One isn';t going to change the mind of the other. It is a waste of time at this point.

Jesus, Is it impossible to be a good player and enjoy buying cool things at the store at the same time? o.O
    It's a bridge too far. If you're going to charge a subscription plus a box cost all content should be obtainable in-game. The only way players have of combating this is to ensure those items are not desirable, and the only way they have to do that is to attach a stigma to using them.
    Why would you, as a player, ever support this? That awesome transmog your thinking of should just drop in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

So if they add 10 more mounts to the store it's fine ... but if they add 3 xmogs ... is the game going in a terrible direction?

It seems like you don't really care if people buy mounts (which could be purchased in raid boss loots) but you care if people buy appearances (which could be purchased in raid boss loots).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I think you've got me confused then.
    I dont like the in-game store at all, I think they should put those resources into quest/achievement-rewards instead.
    If they have an anniversary of sorts I think it would be much cooler if they decided to gift us a mount/transmog instead, for subscribing.

Yes but do you understand how just because that is my 'opinion' doesn't mean it is objectively correct by any means?
    Absolutely, I never claimed my opinion was the one and objective truth anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, Is it impossible to be a good player and enjoy buying cool things at the store at the same time? o.O
    No, is just that people hated the idea so much, and one way to make the message go through, was to also punish those that gave Blizzard money for it.

Is it nice? no, may it be effective? yes

- - - Updated - - -

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Well... Mounts have been done for so long, that the boat have already sailed and nobody can stop it (it have been since they added mounts to the special edition of every expansion) but the xmog thing, is new, so people still have time to try to make the boat sail.

I personally, hate the idea, why? cause i like xmog a lot, and i hate that i would have to pay extra for the looks i want when i'm already paying for the game... (If it were a free to play game, its ok, but WOW is not), though its not like everyone really cares about this.