Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It is kind of sad, that nowadays, fanatics no longer hold belief in God, but in corporations and defend every little thing that they do even the most unbelievable of them. Cyberpunk is now.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because tht is being a bully trying to force people to agree with their opinion. It is your opinion that it is an anti-concumer practice. Not fact. You are not the sole arbiter of what is anti-consumer. Also, you are runing the game experience for others as they have to wait another 10-20 minutes for the queue to pop again.

It's bullying and it is a toxic behavior that needs to be removed from the game. You and others need to stop trying to force your opinions on others.

- - - Updated - - -

So you support his bullying. Got it. No matter how you try to prhase it to avoid admitting it, you are supporting his bullying and indeed enabling by refusing to stand up against the behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

NOt just the Collectors Edition. Also the Epic and Heroic Editions as I got that with the Heroic Edition.
    Why do you twist the words of people?

I can tell you my point of view, but I cant understand it for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I started playing this game 14 years ago because I wanted to be that badass Tauren with t3 Set posing in Orgrimmar showing off that I beat KT. If they take away the prestige that gear gives and literally set it behind a paywall, I and many others will quit. And what do you gain? You surely won't get new players, but you will get a short-term money spike. That's great to boost your numbers during a content drought, but in the long run, you will lose a lot of players.
    Game companies don't care about the long term. It's all about the quick money spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post
    It is kind of sad, that nowadays, fanatics no longer hold belief in God, but in corporations and defend every little thing that they do even the most unbelievable of them. Cyberpunk is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think it is sad that people still hold a belief in god...which usually is where the word "fanatic" comes in.....but each to their own.
    I think it is sad that bigotry like this still exists in the world. How about we let people believe what they want and stop looking down at them like that?

If only y'all knew of the unacceptable practices the companies you buy from do.

Blizz trying to make extra money off prettier pixels doesn't even come close to unacceptable.

But as long as you don't see it though right?!
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    If only y'all knew of the unacceptable practices the companies you buy from do.

Blizz trying to make extra money off prettier pixels doesn't even come close to unacceptable.

But as long as you don't see it though right?!
    So you mean because company X supports the burning of the Amazon-forest we should not critizize Blizzard?

...he / she said in a thread pissing on a company that is running several franchises, each running for decades. Why would "game companies" or any company that hasn't been created for the purpose of fraud only think short term? Especially since people here like to "accuse" companies of only being in it for the money. You definitely make more money long term. As Activision, EA, Square Enix, Nintendo etc prove...no matter how much you might hate them
    And when their record breaking profits aren't somehow record breaking enough, they'll fire huge number of people each year to get better margins.

How is that not short term outlook?

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    So you mean because company X supports the burning of the Amazon-forest we should not critizize Blizzard?
    Getting your panties in a wad over something business have done since their existence is a waste of time, yes. Go fight something that actually matters.
    I'm a thread killer.

...is that how gaming companies operate? All across the board and only gaming companies? Hmmm...I wonder...if this is what they do..who is left to create games doing this "each year". I mean...I suck at maths...but firing huge numbers of people kinda adds up to the point where nobody is left to do the job any more.
    It is safe to say this year is gonna be another record year for ActiBlizz due to Covid. They already celebrated that success by shutting down France offices.

Personal opinion? Yeah, go ahead and criticise Blizzard. This is a video game forum after all.

But we should still be allowed to ask people if they uphold their moral standards in other areas of life as well. Especially in the light of polls where people could vote for the worst company (in America) https://www.google.com/search?client...t+company+vote and EA beat every shitty company out there because of "the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy" (or at least it was a contributing factor.

...and not "company X which supports the burning of the Amazon-forest"...or a company that builds land mines (queue dramatic music) that rips children to pieces or the company that drains local water resources from communities to sell it bottled as a luxury product...etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

So "another" one. Again..if it is "another" record breaking year - it doesn't sound short term for me. Maybe we are just talking about different things, but Activision is around since 1979...41 years. That is not a company operating on short term business. They are obviously planing to be around for more years.

If the offices in France are shut down, who runs the EU servers?
    It is a tricky thing to actually speculate on. We don't actually know how successful blizzard is if we are being honest since things like call of duty and as much as it pains me to admit it king games are massive entities.

As for the mass firings it was almost entirely a marketing team and given how awful blizzard is at marketing I can't say they will be missed or even noticed. The servers are not affected at all by the closure.

I honestly don't care what morals a company claims to have. The whole we love social justice just please don't bring up china is so cringe inducing I wish they would stop mentioning it in every single press release but it isn't really a factor for me when it comes to buying their products.

What effects me directly is what I care about. I will never play overwatch. I effectively got it for about 2$ from humble bundle and simply gifted it away. Why? Because I know with their current policies and how ban happy they are in that game I would last all of three matches before losing my account.

I dislike the cashshop because it promises and has delivered in cutting content from a game I already buy a box for and pay a sub. Though I do take even that with a pinch of salt as technically someone else pays my sub via the token.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Getting your panties in a wad over something business have done since their existence is a waste of time, yes. Go fight something that actually matters.
    What gives you the authority to decide what matters to other people? Yeah, thought so.

After reading this entire topic I came to the following conclusion:

Blizzard could create exclusive realms and exclusive xmogs are sold at this server's store (since I want to order my Rogue Tier-19 all remastered Full Black) and anyone who accepts the store to sell xmogs could go to these servers without paying anything (in fact I I would even pay, anyway ...).
    So if you are one of those who:

See no problem paying for basic game.
    See no problem paying for expansions.
    See no problem paying sub.
    See no problem paying all services (char transfer, change name, etc)
    See no problem paying boost lvl 50.
    See no problem paying exclusive pet.
    See no problem paying exclusive mounts.

But .... "JESUS OH NO ... look !! an exclusive xmog being sold in the store !! How dare they do this ??"
    So you can continue in your realm and whoever has a little more open mind (and the pocket too) would go to these realms.

p.s: Yes, I know I am a genius, Blizzard! You can get the idea for yourself and you don't even have to thank me! Just sell me a rogue tier 19 full black xmog and we're ok.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-11-14 at 05:41 PM.

If the offices in France are shut down, who runs the EU servers?
    That we don't know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some drones will defend Blizzard putting Mythic raid gear or pvp ratings for sale in the store cause u can still get it ingame yourself.

"They only added Heroic raid loot to the store with 10.3.5, not like they will actually add Mythic raid loot in the store, dont be silly"

For OP, im not okay with mounts, pets or transmog of any kind added to the shop, we pay so much for wow everything should be part of the sub, it could be cool rewards for questlines, bosses, rares etc
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Also ...
    Blizzard, that topic has exceeded 450 posts and I know you were interested and are reading this.

I guarantee:
    People just stop playing because the expansion is boring.
    Nobody will stop playing if you sell re-colors of mythic sets or new and exclusive xmogs.
    At least 50% of the player-base will buy an "super-xmog" on day -1.
    The rest will buy on day-2.

Did anyone abandon the game when you started selling the mounts? No, right?

So ... just do it.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-11-14 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Snip
    This list of games might interest you since they all do exactly what you ask for:

https://www.thegamer.com/mmorpgs-free-pay-win-best/

It already exists. It's called spending obscene amount of money on Tokens and buying carries. Thousands of people already do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    This list of games might interest you since they all do exactly what you ask for:

https://www.thegamer.com/mmorpgs-free-pay-win-best/
    What? I'm not interested in paying to win. I just want to pay to have more options for xmogs.
    My mom told me to stay away from people who care about my appearance. It seems that our toons will never be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It already exists. It's called spending obscene amount of money on Tokens and buying carries. Thousands of people already do this.
    I want to say your wrong but ive never made 25 million gold in a single patch before bfa so you might just maybe have a point.

Possibly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    they tryed it and been bash about it
    anyone in game with those helmet they tested out are kick from raid the majority of time

why ? because you already pay full price for the game + subscrition each month, transmog should be only available while doing something in game

- - - Updated - - -

because its a pay game not a free game, cash shop should not even be there for mount/transmog things
    That's how the industry works now. In-app purchases or in-game purchases is here to stay.
    Hi