Pfizer says early analysis shows its Covid-19 vaccine is 90% effective

10+ Year Old Account
    Great news! It really is a huge step towards a vaccine. The speed researchers are working at is amazing and selfless. On top of that we may get the first approved human mRNA vaccine (this one is an mRNA one). Quite a few candidates are in phase 3

I feel like its being sensationalized for stock options but still good news. Hopefully, nothing crazy pops up in phase 3 and that they following through with procedures.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL:
    The firm that invented the vaccine for Pfizer, Biontech, is a German medical startup founded by the children of Turkish immigrants.
    Germany has long struggled with its openness to immigration, and its post-war program of 'guest workers'.
    But one of those guest workers was Uğur Şahin's (CEO) father, who came to Köln to work at Ford. His son may now end a world-wide pandemic.

If all of the anti-immigrant and anti-multiculturalism assholes would opt-out of the vaccine. That would be ok.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Why is this in Politics and not the general Covid thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    TIL:
    The firm that invented the vaccine for Pfizer, Biontech, is a German medical startup founded by the children of Turkish immigrants.
    Germany has long struggled with its openness to immigration, and its post-war program of 'guest workers'.
    But one of those guest workers was Uğur Şahin's (CEO) father, who came to Köln to work at Ford. His son may now end a world-wide pandemic.

If all of the anti-immigrant and anti-multiculturalism assholes would opt-out of the vaccine. That would be ok.
    haha, agree

Technically the German government funded BioNTech with 375 million € to speed up the vaccine.
    No idea if that is enough for politics, but I would think, this thread is misplaced here.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Why is this in Politics and not the general Covid thread?
    i'll give a reason, a big Yikes.....
    Trump and Pence are already trying to take credit for it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...on-warp-speed/

Pfizer’s apparent vaccine success is not a function of Trump’s ‘Operation Warp Speed’

In July, Pfizer did agree to partner with the government on distribution of a vaccine, leveraging what will be a massive, complicated effort run by the federal government to ensure that as many people as possible can be immunized. But its development efforts weren’t part of the government’s program.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

5+ Year Old Account
    Please continue here.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."