Horde BFA Scenario: Only once per server or account?

I missed the whole BFA expansion. The furthest I got was bringing an orc hunter to Zandalar on the Horde Side.

So, earlier tonight, I did the Battle of Lordaeron Scenario on my Horde demon hunter. Right after that is the scenario to free the Zandalari Princess from Stormwind.

I wasn't given the option to do that scenario? The only dialogue option was to skip it and go right to Zandalar?

Apparently I had done it on my orc hunter some time ago, closer to the start of BFA. I didn't think I had, but I must have.

You're only allowed to do it once?

Also during the battle of Lordaeron, the final scene where Anduin confronts Sylvanas had no subtitles, but I have cinematic subtitles enabled? Are they simply unavailable for that cinematic?

To do the Stormwind scenario, you need to drink the potion on the table, like Nathanos says after accepting the quest.

*sighs* I've heard of being rusty, but that made me feel like I'd forgotten which way was up, haha.

Thanks.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who gave you the option to skip and go straight to Zandalar? If I remember correctly you get a quest from Sylvanas and that leads you to the scenario

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Who gave you the option to skip and go straight to Zandalar? If I remember correctly you get a quest from Sylvanas and that leads you to the scenario
    After talking to Sylvanas, you go to the Broken Tusk inn where you meet with Rokhan and Thalyssra. Nathanos comes in and says he has a potion for each of us. If you drink the potion on the table it launches the scenario, if you talk to Nathanos you can skip it if you already did it.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    After talking to Sylvanas, you go to the Broken Tusk inn where you meet with Rokhan and Thalyssra. Nathanos comes in and says he has a potion for each of us. If you drink the potion on the table it launches the scenario, if you talk to Nathanos you can skip it if you already did it.
    This is not true. Why are you saying this?

If you drink the potion, you just die. That's what the potion says it does, and it's what it does.

It's also false to say you can skip the scenario by talking to Nathanos as just a blanket claim. This is no longer true for all characters. It appears you can only skip the scenario if your character was created before 9.0 (there may be other ways to qualify to skip it). Even doing 1-50 on BfA and completing the entire war campaign and all sorts (and doing the scenario of course) post-9.0 on a new Paladin did NOT allow my Hunter (created yesterday) to skip the scenario. The option simply wasn't there.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This is not true. Why are you saying this?

If you drink the potion, you just die. That's what the potion says it does, and it's what it does.

It's also false to say you can skip the scenario by talking to Nathanos as just a blanket claim. This is no longer true for all characters. It appears you can only skip the scenario if your character was created before 9.0 (there may be other ways to qualify to skip it). Even doing 1-50 on BfA and completing the entire war campaign and all sorts (and doing the scenario of course) post-9.0 on a new Paladin did NOT allow my Hunter (created yesterday) to skip the scenario. The option simply wasn't there.
    For me anyway, I've been able to skip it on every toon I've made. You just have to talk to Nathanos right before you hop on the eagles to depart Org. You can tell him you've heard this story before, and you immediately pop over to the docks.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    For me anyway, I've been able to skip it on every toon I've made. You just have to talk to Nathanos right before you hop on the eagles to depart Org. You can tell him you've heard this story before, and you immediately pop over to the docks.
    I'll give that a go next time - didn't work this morning though, but I didn't re-check after actually getting to the eagles - I notice a number of things are a bit dodgy with new characters.

The potion thing is still a weird lie though! It does what it says lol!
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I'll give that a go next time - didn't work this morning though, but I didn't re-check after actually getting to the eagles - I notice a number of things are a bit dodgy with new characters.

The potion thing is still a weird lie though! It does what it says lol!
    I mean, it's not even a little bit obvious. There's no reason to talk to Nathanos nor is he highlighted in any way. But it has worked on all my toons. But yeah, it's more than possible that the dialog option gets borked.

And weirdly, I've never, in the I have no idea how many times I've done the scenario, tried drinking the potion. I just assumed that it would be a weird thing for him to lie about.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    You don't drink it, you click on it to pick it up. Actually drinking it, as in using it from your inventory, kills you.

On my demon hunter, I got the quest, went into the tavern, Nathanos told us he has a potion for us, but don't drink it just yet. So, my view was angled in such a way that I was looking straight at Nathanos and not the table. I talked to Nathanos and the only response option was "I've seen this all before" which skips the scenario.

So on my rogue, after reading MrTharne's initial response, I clicked on the potion on the table. This put it in my inventory and Nathanos started hurrying outside, I followed him, clicked on the Highmountain eagle, and the scenario began.

No, you don't DRINK the potion, but you do click on it to pick it up.