Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Its an option for flavour.

Why bother having a green fire quest for warlocks if its the same as red?
    Why bother having different haircuts if you are just gunna wear a helmet anyway?
    Why bother letting me pick my gender on a blood elf if they both look female anyway?

A real life example, this is like complaining that the side you were on lost a war, 'Why let me enlist if you were just gunna lose?'

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    What was the point of introducing branching in BFA war campaign questline if the choices don't have any impact and all we got in the end is Garrosh 2.0?
    Did I miss something here? Was something scrapped out of the game or just not completed at all?
    I don't see any suitable conslusion for those who chose to side with Sylvanas, and now with Nathanos' death there surely be none coming.
    Favoritism and fanboying aside, I think its too early to tell to be honest.
    Perhaps they might have something in store for people depending on what choice they made in the war-campaign

It would be cool, imagine a cool mount for those who sided with Sylvanas (yea boi Im one of them!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    To show who's a simp and who isn't.
    Even as a joke comment, I struggle to comprehend what you're trying to convey here. Is simp a blanket term now used to define agreeing with a female under any circumstance? Did I miss a memo?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Even as a joke comment, I struggle to comprehend what you're trying to convey here. Is simp a blanket term now used to define agreeing with a female under any circumstance? Did I miss a memo?
    I dunno, kinda feel like it ironically fits here. When you blindly choose to follow a leader who has a proven track record of only caring about her own goals, wants to create a plague to wipe out all the living and has no issues with genocide, logical thinking and self-preservation doesnt seem to be involved in that decision.

I'm left here having to wonder if there's going to end up some hidden reward for siding with Sylvanas later on in SL. It makes it pretty confusing if doing something like participating in killing Nathanos would potentially hurt any kind of future reward because it may be considered a rebel choice. I want to keep doing the loyalist line if possible and it kind of sucks not being certain that there may or may not be more of it later because unless they explicitly state otherwise there could be more.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    I dunno, kinda feel like it ironically fits here. When you blindly choose to follow a leader who has a proven track record of only caring about her own goals, wants to create a plague to wipe out all the living and has no issues with genocide, logical thinking and self-preservation doesnt seem to be involved in that decision.
    Warning: Pedantic musings ahead -- How does any of that make you a simp though? You're a fuck ass of questionable moral compass, for sure, but "Simpvanas" and whatever the fuck doesn't add up for me. The word has lost all meaning at this point and it's being thrown around as a pejorative to define anybody agreeing with a female regardless of context.

What was the point of introducing branching in BFA war campaign questline if the choices don't have any impact and all we got in the end is Garrosh 2.0?
    Did I miss something here? Was something scrapped out of the game or just not completed at all?
    I don't see any suitable conslusion for those who chose to side with Sylvanas, and now with Nathanos' death there surely be none coming.
    It was an experiment to see how many people would actually side with someone who was clearly an evil villain.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don´t think anyone liked Nathanos not even Sylvanas loyalists lol

So just because you sided with her that means a good ending is mandatory? That's literally the nature of choices. Sometimes you get something good, sometimes you get something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Warning: Pedantic musings ahead -- How does any of that make you a simp though? You're a fuck ass of questionable moral compass, for sure, but "Simpvanas" and whatever the fuck doesn't add up for me. The word has lost all meaning at this point and it's being thrown around as a pejorative to define anybody agreeing with a female regardless of context.
    Maybe its just me misunderstanding the definition of the word, but yeah I am not a fan of it either and it is massively overused.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Would you prefer if your character was stripped of all their items, achievements, titles, mounts, pets, gold, and abilities, and put into jail like every other Banshee loyalist?

Yeah, that's what I thought.
    There should have been an outcome that meant something. It was hollow and the outcome was pointless and disnt lead to anything. You are missing the point.
    When the questline is differnt, but the outcome is the same there is obviously not a satisfying feeling. The choices were fake realy. This should be known by now..
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    There was no point to it really... aside from giving the illusion to the players that their choice matter/affect the story.

Perhaps it was scrapped, there is no proof or info about such thing, but there's always a possibility.
    Yup many felt that way, why put in an illusion of options like that, its the same as that stupid N zoth thing that didnt lead into anything.

It felt realy like things were scrapped I agree, doesnt mattter if true or not, the feeling it felt like that is already bad enough.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-11-11 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Not wrong at all. What the horde does is basically saying "whatever, we don't really care, let's just say we renounce her so the alliance shuts up" and everybody goes along with it. Many of the people in power are the same people that ordered or executed all the crimes that they blame now on Sylvanas.

If the games goes this route to throw away all realism, fair enough, but then we do not need to discuss logically on this topic.
    Every single one who followed Sylvanas renounced her. Geya'rah wouldn't be in the Council if she didn't renounce her. Same for Theron, Thalyssra, etc.

If you don't renounce her, you end up like this:

At which point you'd demand Blizzard a refund for deleting your character.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

People cried, that they can't side with Sylvannas. So Blizz introduced a questline where you can side with her up to the point where she goes to far. Because in the end you CANNOT be acutally evil in wow. That is not you character and the wrong game if you want to be that way. Simple as that.

Varodoc isn't missing the point lmao. People who sided with Sylvanas are. The point is that you got cucked like literally everyone who believed in her. And no I'm not joking. That's literally the point.

Giving you the same ending as everyone makes you upset doesn't it? The kinda upset you'd get if you got betrayed. Well congrats, you did. You fell for it.

PS: Atleast now you too have a reason to hate her and to want her dead. It's all falling into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Varodoc isn't missing the point lmao. People who sided with Sylvanas are. The point is that you got cucked like literally everyone who believed in her. And no I'm not joking. That's literally the point.

Giving you the same ending as everyone makes you upset doesn't it? The kinda upset you'd get if you got betrayed. Well congrats, you did. You fell for it.

PS: Atleast now you too have a reason to hate her and to want her dead. It's all falling into place.
    Well I dont hate her or want her dead, so you're at fault in that assumption.

And what is a "cuck"? Im not up to speed on all the twitch-lingo people use.

Well, Sylvanas stoped the new horde civil war and killed the horde leader of it. So you can just go with it for now.
    After saving horde and alliance in the brokenshore trap and planning the destruction of Nzoth, you can see the patern.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    People cried, that they can't side with Sylvannas. So Blizz introduced a questline where you can side with her up to the point where she goes to far. Because in the end you CANNOT be acutally evil in wow. That is not you character and the wrong game if you want to be that way. Simple as that.
    ... maybe the game needs a morality alignment system?

If, hypothetically, both factions kept sharing quests in neutral territories like Shadowlands going forward it would allow room for them to make multiple avenues of alignment quests depending on where your character leans. I mean, we are kind of getting that in SL with Covenants. Maybe it's testing the waters for that?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Same as people who were waiting for that Nzoth choice.. it was obviously super cool how that went.

Bfa was full of fake choices, that is the point, not that for some reason fell for it. Both outcomes were the same so your theory is cute, but it still didnt change a single thing in the end altho we were told you should be thinking about your choice. It was all an illusion at its best.

I hope you are happy with your brown cloak, becaude you outsmart thr game appearntly lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    From a game dev point of view, not a lore one, yes. The point was to create the illusion of choice and see how the opportunity to make that choice was received. This had the hallmarks of a test. A nice little bit of "meaningless" flavor content that allowed Blizz to test the idea of split quest lines and locked cosmetic rewards.

In the short term, no your choice didn't matter. But in the long run, for Blizzard anyway, we may see this sort of thing expanded on later; however, don't know what conclusions they drew and we may never see it again.
    This ! I agree with everything Nynax is saying.

It was quite obvious that this branching narrative was added very late in the developement of the expansion, maybe even when it was already live, and was made in reaction to players asking the possibility to side with Sylvanas. Since it wasn't really planned from the start, they couldn't flesh it out more, but it's a first step in more branching narrative.

I think the issue now is that Blizzard is trying quite hard to push forward "player choice", giving us more way to decide how to play the game in meaningful ways (Covenants) but the reaction was quite poor. People basically said they want cosmetic/flavour choices but don't want choices that affect player power or cut you off from part on the game. And that's quite a reasonnable thing to say, but at the same time players want Blizzard to go further with branching narratives, basically wanting really different experiences for players in the game, being possibly cut off from really big parts of the lore, questlines and possibly rewards. It's a real head-scratcher...
    Last edited by haiyken; 2020-11-11 at 09:15 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    it was a bone thrown at you and it was only put in to get people to shut up
    This. It's not an illusion of choice, it's an actual choice. The fact that it didn't mean a whole lot by the end of it isn't really relevant. It was there to address the complaints of "why would my Tauren druid side with sylvanas" and "why do I have to blindly follow along?"