Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ...
39
47
48
49
50
51
59
99
... LastLast
  1. #961
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Well, at least you're honest about the broadly applied OMGUS motive. Everyone sucks for taking your stupid thing seriously, so you'll take another stupid thing seriously as revenge.
    revenge is too strong a word for it. its not wrong, but its too strong. others were belligerent about my stupid thing, so im gonna be belligerent about their stupid thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  2. #962
    Scarab Lord Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Ugh. Okay, I can see the presence of a cannibal is making people panic. Also, I find it funny that the two people I said the cannibal should've eaten first are the cop and the guy the cop investigated as mafia. Well, let's hope the doctor can protect him for one night and wasn't Firebert. He can block all kills on the target, so we should get at least one more night out of him.
    That was what I was thinking, I still should be able to get one more result, if Firebert isn't the Doctor.

  3. #963
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Ugh. Okay, I can see the presence of a cannibal is making people panic. Also, I find it funny that the two people I said the cannibal should've eaten first are the cop and the guy the cop investigated as mafia. Well, let's hope the doctor can protect him for one night and wasn't Firebert. He can block all kills on the target, so we should get at least one more night out of him.
    we can assume the doc self protected night one so they can protect anyone but themselves tonight but it means the cop is dead day 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  4. #964
    I mean, I get claiming when you have a mafia hit, but it does seem a bit early, BUT we do have a doctor so you'll at least last another day. I guess getting that info out there before you unluckily get killed/nommed is better, but at the same time, I feel like another night at least to see if you could nab two would've been better. Still....

    unvote vote CerealLord

    sorry new guy. Cop claim beats letting new people live :P

    Death would be a welcome embrace.

  5. #965
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Probably a mistake, but we'll see. It's hard to find reasons to push someone that doesn't seem overly suspicious with their actions but you KNOW they're mafia.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I wouldn't have, if there wasn't a cannibal.
    im going to find it extra amusing if you are right, because of your sig.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bageloaf View Post
    I mean, I get claiming when you have a mafia hit, but it does seem a bit early, BUT we do have a doctor so you'll at least last another day. I guess getting that info out there before you unluckily get killed/nommed is better, but at the same time, I feel like another night at least to see if you could nab two would've been better. Still....

    unvote vote CerealLord

    sorry new guy. Cop claim beats letting new people live :P
    allegedly we have a doctor. we can only hope it wasnt firebert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  6. #966
    oh yeah, forgot that the doc could've been nommed night one, but then again, the smart play for a doc on night one is protect themself

    Death would be a welcome embrace.

  7. #967
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,890
    im going back to decapitating people and severing their limbs in valhalla. lemme tell you, it never gets old ruining kids lives.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bageloaf View Post
    oh yeah, forgot that the doc could've been nommed night one, but then again, the smart play for a doc on night one is protect themself
    bold of you to assume any of us are smart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  8. #968
    it is quite bold, especially for Firebert after last game assuming all the remaining town were scum :|

    Death would be a welcome embrace.

  9. #969
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    hard claiming on day 2 is such a bad play, especially when there was no pressure on you whatsoever to claim crackle. you're either the worst cop ever or a ballsy mafioso.
    Well, he did say he sort of soft claimed earlier, so he may be afraid of having put a target on his back already. Though, the cannibal has incentive to not kill the cop anyway, since the cop only receives results of other/mafia, meaning he is effectively immune to investigations and he could lead to easy lynches on people other than him/herself.

    I disagree with ballsy mafioso at this point. It's much too early for it to be a viable mafioso play. What happens if he's a mafia? He leads us to kill an innocent, which means he traded 1 mafia for 1 townie as a shot in the dark when mafia are nowhere near winning. Terrible trade for him to make willingly. Even worse if he sacrifices a teammate for this, unless he really thinks that the cannibal killed the cop...but he would have no way to know that, and the SK would definitely kill him at night because he knows he's not the cop.

  10. #970
    Scarab Lord Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Well, he did say he sort of soft claimed earlier, so he may be afraid of having put a target on his back already. Though, the cannibal has incentive to not kill the cop anyway, since the cop only receives results of other/mafia, meaning he is effectively immune to investigations and he could lead to easy lynches on people other than him/herself.

    I disagree with ballsy mafioso at this point. It's much too early for it to be a viable mafioso play. What happens if he's a mafia? He leads us to kill an innocent, which means he traded 1 mafia for 1 townie as a shot in the dark when mafia are nowhere near winning. Terrible trade for him to make willingly. Even worse if he sacrifices a teammate for this, unless he really thinks that the cannibal killed the cop...but he would have no way to know that, and the SK would definitely kill him at night because he knows he's not the cop.
    Yes that is correct. My results aren't town/sk/mafia, they come back as mafia or "other". So I will never know who the SK even if I do investigate them.

  11. #971
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    I will abstain from voting until I finish reading through d2.

  12. #972
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Well, he did say he sort of soft claimed earlier, so he may be afraid of having put a target on his back already. Though, the cannibal has incentive to not kill the cop anyway, since the cop only receives results of other/mafia, meaning he is effectively immune to investigations and he could lead to easy lynches on people other than him/herself.

    I disagree with ballsy mafioso at this point. It's much too early for it to be a viable mafioso play. What happens if he's a mafia? He leads us to kill an innocent, which means he traded 1 mafia for 1 townie as a shot in the dark when mafia are nowhere near winning. Terrible trade for him to make willingly. Even worse if he sacrifices a teammate for this, unless he really thinks that the cannibal killed the cop...but he would have no way to know that, and the SK would definitely kill him at night because he knows he's not the cop.
    I just find it eerily convenient that you mentioned someone spelling they were the bomber and then crackle announced he spelled he was the sheriff. I'll be honest, I'm never looking THAT in detail to people's sentences because that's literally a needle in a fucking haystack, which you seemingly noticed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  13. #973
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    That was what I was thinking, I still should be able to get one more result, if Firebert isn't the Doctor.
    Should be glad I'm not the SK, I would've wrecked this game. Eating your target N1, and then eating you the cop N2. You wouldn't have claimed (though likely would know Cereal was mafia, but without claiming nobody else would ever learn that), so you wouldn't get protected. I'd have removed 2 important pieces from play right at the start of the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    I just find it eerily convenient that you mentioned someone spelling they were the bomber and then crackle announced he spelled he was the sheriff. I'll be honest, I'm never looking THAT in detail to people's sentences because that's literally a needle in a fucking haystack, which you seemingly noticed.
    I didn't notice, he literally explained what he was doing in the dead thread that we both entered at the same time because I'm the vampire he blew the fuck up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    He also said he didn't get enough posts to complete the message. If I had noticed, I definitely wouldn't have tried to bite him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It is very weird to see that come up after I mention it, though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Weird or not, if Cereal flips town, or even weirder the SK, we have our 1 for 1 trade by lynching Crackle tomorrow.

  14. #974
    Scarab Lord Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,112
    Tbf I waiting for Robos and Virothes appearances and weighing the progress of the day before claiming. I wasn't also going to claim straight away, once day started. I was thinking about the SK a lot and decided I don't want to die without disclosing important information.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Weird or not, if Cereal flips town, or even weirder the SK, we have our 1 for 1 trade by lynching Crackle tomorrow.
    You've already mentioned this, but me being a mafioso trading 1 for 1 on a random town isn't the best play. Especially if that random town isn't the cop. So hopefully no bastard mods, everything will go fine.

  15. #975
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    First am I the only one seeing Cereal have 3 posts in a row but not be added to the first post on this page? Secondly, this was the train on Val at end of day
    Lora #369 , Crackleslap #427 , Bwomsamdi #547 , Dupti #560 , Cereal #615 , Val #645 , Clarinet #647 , SatsuBL #649 , Graeham #650

    Neither of our dead voted Val at all. My general thought is scum dislike being early on a train so I am putting Lora, Crackle, Bwon as leaning town for now. I find scum like to hide in the latter parts of a vote train, especially if it was a mafia member, since Val isn't actually dead yet so that would make Clarinet, Satsu, and Graeham as my most sus from the list. Also depending on Val's alignment whenever we find it out (I'm leaning town right now due to the play but yeah) the people who were around but did not vote should also be scrutinized. Which I know I am one of those but in my defense I was at work and got a late break so I had 0 chances to check thread at work until day already ended.
    Scum don't like being early on a train? What manner of madness is this? Though it's true that mafia don't want to lynch their own and end up late in the trains quite often, if their own is getting lynched they want to be early on the train because it gives town cred. If Val is town, then scum don't really like being anywhere on the train because it's a vote for town regardless and therefore suspicious. Early could mean they pushed a town lynch over a more viable candidate, late means they clinched a town lynch, and middle they're just trying to not be on either suspicious end. Of course, trying to avoid lynching can be suspicious too, and it all ends up being WIFOM garbage.

  16. #976
    Stood in the Fire listo95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Scum don't like being early on a train? What manner of madness is this? Though it's true that mafia don't want to lynch their own and end up late in the trains quite often, if their own is getting lynched they want to be early on the train because it gives town cred. If Val is town, then scum don't really like being anywhere on the train because it's a vote for town regardless and therefore suspicious. Early could mean they pushed a town lynch over a more viable candidate, late means they clinched a town lynch, and middle they're just trying to not be on either suspicious end. Of course, trying to avoid lynching can be suspicious too, and it all ends up being WIFOM garbage.
    I'm going under the assumption that Val is town/SK, if Val flips mafia then that pretty much flips those results around. Also this method has worked very well for me in the past so

  17. #977
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    People have had mood swings in these games where they go "I hate you all, I hate this game" but they always calm down.
    Not always. We've had a few people rage quite and not come back. If I recall, a couple would be Blueobelisk (relatively new at the time) and Silkku (a veteran at the time). Silkku was a pretty big dick, in general, though.

  18. #978
    Hmmm, Listo ignores me mentioning him but as soon as he's quoted he responds.....

    Death would be a welcome embrace.

  19. #979
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Tbf I waiting for Robos and Virothes appearances and weighing the progress of the day before claiming.
    pffft, I do what I want

    Vote: Cereal

  20. #980
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,890
    I'm still holding out for the day phoenix comes back

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •