Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyoss View Post
    If you check the actual loottables you will see this is not true, not all bosses have loot for you so you can go off and do something else. Unless you want to use the rares for farming stones, but then you should be in a farming group that is busy 100% of the time and pauses stone farming for boss kills only.
    This is basically my strategy, I got all my rogues Commendation Gear by the 2nd day (did not really play much the first) and now am just camping the bosses that drop rings, trinket and weapons, though the last is not super important since i got the 115 from Nathanos and then a 96 from the emeissary cache today. I just set reminders with Alexa and then watch TV or something till the boss i want comes up

I went along with my druid to the Icecrown area and did the quests until I had killed enough rares, bought the pet then logged out.

Complete utter waste of time to grind this area to get "SL quest-ready" in my opinion, since you will likely get better quest-rewards anyway.
    What I did on my alts was go get weapons from Nathanos, they all had heirloom weapons from questing so it was a huge upgrade to all of them.

Got about 6 doing all 20. All 110 ilvl it’s based off your ilvl tho so alts maybe getting 100ilvl drops.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've got a accursed memento, haunted memento 2.0.
    I guess all I need a bag boss, but well...

This is the laziest and boring event
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Got about 6 doing all 20. All 110 ilvl it’s based off your ilvl tho so alts maybe getting 100ilvl drops.
    No there is no scaling.
    The rares drop 110, Nathanos is a 115 weapon and the badge gear is 100.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

You will quickly get better gear from the quests in SL while leveling. So it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No there is no scaling.
    The rares drop 110, Nathanos is a 115 weapon and the badge gear is 100.
    Oh okay

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You should play the lottery. Getting the bag in one try is pretty lucky.
    Really? My wife got it on her second attempt. Maybe we should buy some tickets then.

It says a lot about their current mindset when a limited-time event has RNG like this.

You should play the lottery. Getting the bag in one try is pretty lucky.
    Bag is like 32,5% chance according to wowhead... wish those were the odds on the lottery

Drop rate? Classic Blizz random. On my main...or character i wanna main in SL have 2 drops one after another. I don´t need did at all. On my heavily undergeared alts (almost everyone have green leveling gear with some upgrades, about ilvl 70, most of them dinged during last month) I have ZERO drop after 16 bosses down. With my DK (y-day evening) missed Falric, almost the MUST HAVE boss for undergeared plate wearers - get stucked in texture on flying mount like 100y away. And curiously, it was like first (almost) lag free boss that evening. Like 4 bosses sooner it was cast-lag-5 sec nothing-lag-??-spamming insta casts-results? Barely visible boss, using focus target also.

Today I´m on 12hrs shift, saturday free, sunday 24hrs shift. After first announcements about this event I´ve said "cool, maybe I can get good starting gear on my 5 alts to make SL leveling smoother"...but with this I highly doubt it. Maybe 2 alts can get vendor equip, but no, not possible.

RNG hates me, one of the reason I stopped with raiding. There is nothing enjoyable if you as a f.e. resto/ele shaman after 10 weeks of raiding have 2!!! drop and your hunter get full gear and start equipping warrior alt. Next expansion the same. Dungeons the same. WQ the same shit drop rate. World bosses the same. So...no.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The defacto catch up mechanic is going to be to start leveling in SL. Because they cater to the lowest common denominator for basically all content leveling is piss easy and will replace this catchup gear essentially within 5 minutes of you starting to level

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Bag is like 32,5% chance according to wowhead... wish those were the odds on the lottery
    Well, that's nice. A bag worth 500,000g as a 32,5% drop!

Well, that's nice. A bag worth 500,000g as a 32,5% drop!
    I mean, it obviously isn't actually worth 500k if its that easy to get.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So, geared two more toons completely by stones, which is a good bit of rare kills. I am sorry but the drop rate is fuckin ridiculous.
    Legit feels like I have a better shot at Invincible's Reins before a rare drop lol.
    Last edited by wsgroves; 2020-11-13 at 09:51 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wsgroves View Post
    So, geared two more toons completely by stones, which is a good bit of rare kills. I am sorry but the drop rate is fuckin ridiculous.
    Legit feels like I have a better shot at Invincible's Reins before a rare drop lol.
    you did something wrong then.
    2 chars of mine got 2 epics at same time. it is possible and it happens more often than not. also 2 of those 34 slot bags are mine, easy work.

Honestly I haven't found anything very interesting about the pre patch event at all. I mean it boils down to a few vendors, a couple daily quests, and some rare mobs pushed into an old zone? I mean am I down on this for no reason or is it good? If it is than I just am not feeling it.

After about 40 kills I have 10 drops. Rate seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    you did something wrong then.
    2 chars of mine got 2 epics at same time. it is possible and it happens more often than not. also 2 of those 34 slot bags are mine, easy work.
    Confirm on the double drop :-)

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Honestly I haven't found anything very interesting about the pre patch event at all. I mean it boils down to a few vendors, a couple daily quests, and some rare mobs pushed into an old zone? I mean am I down on this for no reason or is it good? If it is than I just am not feeling it.
    depends on your goals. if you are satified with your >ilvl 110 gear already and not interested in transmog: pre event is not for you.
    if you lousy alts to gear or just recently raised something to 50 it might be worth the work.

I wasn't going to bother with the bag, but then I saw that my ElvUI bag was 2 slots short of a final row with all 32 slots, so I had to get it Second kill for me. Guildy has four of them across his alts.