Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Might happen in a patch down the line. Blizzard usually doesn't blow all options in one patch.

Also "need to"..yeah, right ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Seems "the point" is: No matter how they are designed, a pack with an agenda against how they are implemented will gather on forums and piss and moan how shit they are.

Once it was the "unique though game breaking items that took an entire guild to get" pack raging against them, then it was the "boring dull freebie items that act as ways to time gate new players and give older players an unfair advantage over them"

Except I don't agree with the "older players an unfair advantage". There is nothing unfair about putting in the time and reaping the rewards.
    Depends how you look at it. I find power gains from doing nothing but time played to be poisonous to the game myself. Doing harder content should yield better rewards not doing the same content. If I kill a dragon for example I expect to get what the dragon drops. If I kill a rabbit I expect to get what a rabbit drops. I don't expect that killing ten thousand rabbits to give me what a dragon drops...

I find these systems mostly introduced into legion to be harmful to the game. If people just want to get better because they spend hours doing easy content I feel a Korean grind mmo would be a better choice.

That said I do realize at this point that horse has bolted from the barn ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    To me, the biggest problem is how the slots are all over the place.
    I think this is good to be honest. All leggo effects are available on two slots. If you get a nice upgrade for your legendary slot you can actually wear it and make the legendary again for the other slot.

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    I don't really see a point in legendary items anymore to be honest. They went from unique though game breaking items that took an entire guild to get to boring dull freebie items that act as ways to time gate new players and give older players an unfair advantage over them.

I don't really think they should be in the game as I can't really convoke a positive effect they produce beyond the false sense of progression of doing a easy weekly.
    I agree with most of what you said, but let's be clear: it is NOT an unfair advantage. It is an earned advantage. It's still problematic, but they did earn the advantage they have.

Not sure what part of my post you are replying to?

Ofc a dragon dropping loot should yield better loot than a rabbit. But did you kill that dragon alone or did your guild help you and then chose you as the dragon slayer and the one worthy of a reward based on...what exactly? (...yeah..usually based on something like...that guy is our MT or MH and we better funnel everything to that one role)

But ofc that only works until we get pre-patch catch up and nerfs and everyone is equal again. Basically since 2007 and TBC
    I mean that isn't how tbc worked and I disagree that the current instant catchup mechanics are good things but that is a whole other topic.

There shouldn't be easily obtainable but time locked progressive power system beyond leveling in wow. It is simply harmful to casual players as it traps them in a massive grind cycle.

There shouldn't be an item you assemble weekly by doing easy content. This game moved past that in vanilla when cheap grind mmo's existed its devolved to the point where players now expect these systems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I agree with most of what you said, but let's be clear: it is NOT an unfair advantage. It is an earned advantage. It's still problematic, but they did earn the advantage they have.
    By doing what?

I don't see time spent as relevant to rewards. It has only existed in wow since legion up until them the boss didn't care how long you played if you killed it you got the same loot as everyone else.

This obsession with making busy work is why ive had to warn of people who where interested in the game when they asked me about. Sure its a good game but your going to have to do X hours of mindless content each week to play the good parts of it.

But didn't TBC introduce the whole gear catchup system through badges? (while still excluding alts from raid content via attunements)?
    Not really no... though it is a common misconception.

What tbc had was a rather weak badge vender from kara to black temple. The gear was on par or weaker then most heroic dungeon gear or offered an entire fire resist set.

Spiced between that was a few select crafted items that could only be made from raid acquired material.

The "catchup" gear only arrived once sunwell was released and while my memory fails me slightly it wasn't till a certain part of a island unlocked as well. It always only allowed a few items to be bought maybe 1 or 2 depending on your class and armor type.

Trying to compare that to what catch up gear is now instantly making last tiers mythic items beyond perhaps one or two broken trinkets obsolete isn't comparable.

Wrath was when catch up gear really started to take off. Even then it isn't comparable to what we have now until TotC.

As for attunements... I think those are kind of a mixed bag to be honest. I think the kara attunement was reasonable I think caverns of time was to much. I can see the need for some catchup and in the current games structure it doesn't make sense to go without it. I can't however agree that having a weekly "I logged in and afked daily quests" is in anyway good even if you can simply afk longer to catch up.

I would rather have rewards tied to difficulty rather then how long you do something.

By doing what?

I don't see time spent as relevant to rewards. It has only existed in wow since legion up until them the boss didn't care how long you played if you killed it you got the same loot as everyone else.

This obsession with making busy work is why ive had to warn of people who where interested in the game when they asked me about. Sure its a good game but your going to have to do X hours of mindless content each week to play the good parts of it.
    Not validating it for personal reasons isn't an argument. People that play games get better over time. It's an RPG. That's the point. It's an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Since the legendary effect are not that powerful compared to the covenant ones, I don't see a reason to limit them to one effect, so they need to change like this :

- one legendary can have two effects slots :

1 - One generic (class)

2 - And one either neutral of for the class specialization.
    It's just weird to me that some of the choices are defensive. No non-tank is ever going to pick those for PvE.

It's like they didn't learn anything from legion legendaries. They either need to all be throughput, or have us wear 1 throughput and 1 defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    First of all memories are not 100% drops if you are eligible. That hasn't been posted anywhere
    Actually, it has.
    Legendary recipes will have a 100% drop rate regardless of your loot specialization.

Legendary weapons should be awesome super-weapons in one expansion, and whose effects continue on as passives in the following expansions. Cool effects like:

- Arcane Mage: The target of Arcane Blast detonates an Arcane Explosion.
    - Arms Warrior: Bladestorm's area of effect is doubled, and also draws in affected enemies, slowing their movement speed the closer they get.
    - Vengeance Demon Hunter: Sigil of Flame also applies Fiery Brand to all enemies hit.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    People cried when chads like me got Legion Legendaries early from random shit while losers were stuck with a Prydaz or something lame. It sucked to suck so Blizzard made this boring lame system and the same crybabies are oiling up those tears again because they're never satisfied unless they get something that other people don't. It can't be easy for everyone or else other people will have it and they won't have an advantage and it can't be hard or lame or random or else they might lose out to someone better than them (like me) and they're buttmad.

I think the random system worked best because it meant good players like me got their best Legendary first and early on without any effort. You can say all you want that that didn't feel "legendary" but it felt really really fucking good. Yeah sure, everyone else didn't and I did but that just made it feel MORE legendary.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Since the legendary effect are not that powerful compared to the covenant ones, I don't see a reason to limit them to one effect, so they need to change like this :

- one legendary can have two effects slots :

1 - One generic (class)

2 - And one either neutral of for the class specialization.
    How about a big no?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's a buyable item that gets you a random memory for your class that you do not already have.
    Was that just for the beta? They include things like that so you can test the items.

- - - Updated - - -

Was just coming to say that. Took me like 2 minutes at most to find out. People here are so lazy.

legendaries arent strong or interesting....jade ignition

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Was that just for the beta? They include things like that so you can test the items.

- - - Updated - - -

Was just coming to say that. Took me like 2 minutes at most to find out. People here are so lazy.
    nope that isnt just a beta item....it would have been meaningless since there was a vendor taht gave every memory

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    legendaries arent strong or interesting....jade ignition

- - - Updated - - -

nope that isnt just a beta item....it would have been meaningless since there was a vendor taht gave every memory
    Eh still doesn't really matter as confirmed afterwards that the drops are 100% according to Wowhead so it really doesn't matter unless you somehow want it before raiding(the OP was talking about raiding don't mean doesn't matter to you).

Eh still doesn't really matter as confirmed afterwards that the drops are 100% according to Wowhead so it really doesn't matter unless you somehow want it before raiding(the OP was talking about raiding don't mean doesn't matter to you).
    i meant it being just a beta item would have been pointless because why add 1 random memory when you have a vendor that sells all

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i meant it being just a beta item would have been pointless because why add 1 random memory when you have a vendor that sells all
    Oh yeah I didn't play the beta so hadn't known so it makes sense once you said that.

Oh yeah I didn't play the beta so hadn't known so it makes sense once you said that.
    im glad they are 100% drop rate because of the world boss ones lol

plus they removed the drop locations in the beta journal

There's a buyable item that gets you a random memory for your class that you do not already have.
    Nice, just need to buy like 20 of that to get the recipe i want!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Not validating it for personal reasons isn't an argument. People that play games get better over time. It's an RPG. That's the point. It's an achievement.
    Except it isn't. You can argue that some rpgs let you kill the starting zone enemies for days at a time to brute force the game but I would argue they were not meant to be played that way.

Except it isn't. You can argue that some rpgs let you kill the starting zone enemies for days at a time to brute force the game but I would argue they were not meant to be played that way.
    But they still did it and earned it. It doesn't matter if you believe it's not deserving of credit. You aren't the lord of video games. They deserve what they earn. Everyone in the game plays by the same rules.