Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legendaries need to change

Since the legendary effect are not that powerful compared to the covenant ones, I don't see a reason to limit them to one effect, so they need to change like this :

- one legendary can have two effects slots :

1 - One generic (class)

2 - And one either neutral of for the class specialization.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh please no, we have a good form of legendaries now. They have an impact on gameplay but can be chosen individually. Also you can get new legendaries pretty easy, I'll get the Phantasma one as second for example. This luxury is nice. We don't have to add more effects to legendaries just to overbloat raid and dungeon content.

Also: You would never pick a neutral one over one of the spec-specifics lol
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

The biggest problem at the moment with legendaries is the way of acquiring them. We don't know if the raid drops are 100% drops. Are they personal loot? Why does class A's super bis legendary drop from a raid boss, and class B's super bis drops in torghast, while another gets it in a dungeon? Raid bosses aren't even farmable, so again with even a little bad luck you might wait for your legendary recipe basically forever.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    The biggest problem at the moment with legendaries is the way of acquiring them. We don't know if the raid drops are 100% drops. Are they personal loot? Why does class A's super bis legendary drop from a raid boss, and class B's super bis drops in torghast, while another gets it in a dungeon? Raid bosses aren't even farmable, so again with even a little bad luck you might wait for your legendary recipe basically forever.
    Didn't they already fix this by adding an item that basically let's you buy the legendary you want? So that you can get any legendary regardless of the content you do.

I hope they at least increase the legendary cap at some point in the expansion to at the very least match Legion with 2 legendaries. I wouldn't even care if they somehow seperated them so you'd be able to use 1 spec specific legendary and 1 class generic legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Didn't they already fix this by adding an item that basically let's you buy the legendary you want? So that you can get any legendary regardless of the content you do.
    Not to my knowledge. Every mythic raider is talking about the strategy of either stockpiling soul ash and hoping for a raid drop before mythic opens, or alternatively buying a bad legendary and using it until finally the raid ones drops.

To me, the biggest problem is how the slots are all over the place. I would rather have all legendaries be rings for example, so they don't interfere so much with regular gear when swapping them around. But it's not a big deal.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

I'd be down for that. As it stands, I'd take Legion Prydaz over any of the legendaries for my class in Shadowlands They need more oomph to them.

I don't really see a point in legendary items anymore to be honest. They went from unique though game breaking items that took an entire guild to get to boring dull freebie items that act as ways to time gate new players and give older players an unfair advantage over them.

I don't really think they should be in the game as I can't really convoke a positive effect they produce beyond the false sense of progression of doing a easy weekly.

Not to my knowledge. Every mythic raider is talking about the strategy of either stockpiling soul ash and hoping for a raid drop before mythic opens, or alternatively buying a bad legendary and using it until finally the raid ones drops.
    There's a buyable item that gets you a random memory for your class that you do not already have.

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    I don't really see a point in legendary items anymore to be honest. They went from unique though game breaking items that took an entire guild to get to boring dull freebie items that act as ways to time gate new players and give older players an unfair advantage over them.

I don't really think they should be in the game as I can't really convoke a positive effect they produce beyond the false sense of progression of doing a easy weekly.
    How is it false? And what's the problem with them other than the color being nostalgic? They're items that basically act as an 8th talent tier that has a lot more options but is more effort to swap.

yes it is like a big 8th talent tier that you have to maintain per talent by upgrading each patch to increase its item level. Good for chest slots, not so good for rings as long as they are not budgeted the same.

It is still a real sense of progression one does not have to like

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seems "the point" is: No matter how they are designed, a pack with an agenda against how they are implemented will gather on forums and piss and moan how shit they are.

Once it was the "unique though game breaking items that took an entire guild to get" pack raging against them, then it was the "boring dull freebie items that act as ways to time gate new players and give older players an unfair advantage over them"
    It's not the method of acquisition as much as it is the relative power levels. These are, by some considerable distance, the weakest legendaries we've ever seen. If we were getting Legion legendary power through the current Soul Ash/Torghast grind then I doubt anyone would mind, but a lot of these legendaries would be, at the very best, forgettable tier set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There's a buyable item that gets you a random memory for your class that you do not already have.
    So nothing then. Unless you want to gamble on a list of legendaries with your time gated mats.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed...a legendary should be..well..legendary. But honestly...I think they blew all that with Legion - as if they feared it would be the last x-pac. Artefacts and Legendaries en masse? What were they thinking?
    Pretty sure no-one at Blizzard thought Legion would tbe "the last x-pac" fuck's sake mate. It was the first x-pac after massively enlarging the team (which happened during WoD), so I think a more likely explanation is a combination of:

A) Much larger team needed more to work on, so came up with more/more complex systems.

and

B) Wrath-style conclusion of a very major long-term arc for Warcraft caused people to feel going "all out" made complete sense.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Well, we had leg like old days in a form of cloak in 8.3. and now we would have some more Legion style. Wish we could get both. 1 epic quest item and 1 with craft in torgast.
    Dont care shit about color of item tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem at the moment with legendaries is the way of acquiring them. We don't know if the raid drops are 100% drops.
    They are NOT 100% drops and some of them are earlier/later which will mean that some legendary recipes will be easier/harder to obtain.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed...a legendary should be..well..legendary. What were they thinking?
    They were thinking enough of all the whiners that complained when we made X legendary for ABC classes and not DEF classes. Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, Fangs of the Father, etc... All these legendaries were legendary in the sense that a lot of effort was required to get them (when the content was relevant) but the bottom also existed for the have-nots who kept complaining why isn't a X legendary for my class yet.

Legion upset all of that by giving specs/classes legendaries. But that just created new problems: Such as those legendaries became borrowed power systems. They wouldn't be moving forward in the next xpac and the power drop from lv 115->116 was very noticeable in BFA.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

So nothing then. Unless you want to gamble on a list of legendaries with your time gated mats.
    You seem to be misunderstanding. It gives you a random memory that you haven't collected yet. Not a legendary item. Since memories are 100% drops if you are eligible, that isn't actually that big a list and fairly easy to whittle down to specific powers.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You seem to be misunderstanding. It gives you a random memory that you haven't collected yet. Not a legendary item. Since memories are 100% drops if you are eligible, that isn't actually that big a list and fairly easy to whittle down to specific powers.
    First of all memories are not 100% drops if you are eligible. That hasn't been posted anywhere, and me nor anyone else on beta can confirm that they have been getting 100% drop rate on memories. Secondly, what is the currency for the item that gives you a random memory? Do you think it's gold? Do you think its something you have infinite amounts of? That would instantly dilute the entire purpose of farming for memories from raids, dungeons, etc. I don't think that item is an answer for anything. Every raid tester has so far said this: Save your ash, go heroic week, hope for your memory to drop, if it does, craft a rank 3 with that. If it doesn't, craft a rank 1 from another memory for the mythic raid, and build your bis one when it finally drops.
    Last edited by sensei-; 2020-11-13 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secondly, what is the currency for the item that gives you a random memory?
    Stygia as with all things in Shadowlands.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.