Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

How does anyone even enjoy playing such a slow class? I mean....holy crap guys. I genuinely feel bad for you, and have a lot of respect for anyone that stays with the class while dealing with literally the slowest class in the game. And with losing Azerite traits to increase speed, and
    The Maw not even allowing mounts? Tell me again why anyone would suffer that?

Or am I missing something vital here?
    I get to play a death knight pandaren.

We have deaths advance and wraith walk, plus slows and plus grips. There is no problem here.

10+ Year Old Account
    What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

How does anyone even enjoy playing such a slow class? I mean....holy crap guys. I genuinely feel bad for you, and have a lot of respect for anyone that stays with the class while dealing with literally the slowest class in the game. And with losing Azerite traits to increase speed, and

Not everyone needs to zip around like Demon Hunters...

Guys can we not derail the thread with personal insults.

No offense, but EVERY class has self healing and loads of cooldowns.
    Yes and they're all slightly different. DK has a unique stun/knockback resistance along with a passive slow resistance. Warriors have minimal defensive that depend on the spec being played (prot having most while fury having only rallying cry). Rogues have specified defensive against magical/physical threats. DH has a generic defensive along with a group defensive CD. The point being that every class should feel different in how they handle certain problems.

As for the self healing, every class does have some form of self healing but DKs are gifted one that is cheap, strong, and not as detrimental to dps as self casting Flash of Light or Shadow mend. The downside of Death Strike is it has to hit a target but is stronger based on how much damage you've taken.

Some also have just as many ways of escaping slows or otherwise dealing with big hits. Druids can literally laugh at slows while moving FASTER out of them. Paladins have both blessing of freedom and their bubble. Demon hunters and monks have leaps and dashes like crazy, and even warriors have 2 charges, a leap, and a free form dash if it's PVP. ALL have more than pleny of self healing.

So tell me again why DKs magically have to be slower than everyone else? Because deathgrip? I would talent out of deathgrip in a heartbeat if it gave Dks a sprint or a leap on the same cooldown.
    Death grip is unique to DKs. If DKs could dash and sprint like druids and monks and be able to death grip, that's just giving too much for one class. If you don't like the idea of griping enemies to you, then maybe don't play a DK? As a Blood DK, I'll keep the insanely useful grip any day over what most other tanks have to keep pulls in control. Not every class needs to run at the same speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    DK's have just about everything you could want and a battle rez. So you want them to just be better survival hunters?
    As much as I love the survival hunter theme, just about every melee is a better survival hunter.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, Frost in raids and BGs is where you really feel the pain of the low mobility. Any stage where the FDK is in open ranges with target switches just feels hellishly god awful, in BFA anyway.

The other 2 specs can kinda get away with the slowness.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Tbh, Frost in raids and BGs is where you really feel the pain of the low mobility. Any stage where the FDK is in open ranges with target switches just feels hellishly god awful, in BFA anyway.

The other 2 specs can kinda get away with the slowness.
    That's a fair assessment.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    You are missing one vital thing ye, the base talent which increase run speed, Death's Advance. We got one base and one talent.

We don't really have to run. We grip stuff to us instead.
    The problem is, by the time you run into range to grip the mob to you, someone else has already run to the mob, killed it, and is halfway to the next one.

What.
    The.
    Fuck.
    Blizzard?

My DK has like almost 400 days /played. Would feel wrong to switch mains

and tbh, i don't find any other class as fun as DK

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Miss the days in Legion where I used them Legendary boots that increased your movement speed... DK had like 165% running speed... XD
    Those bad boys were definitely part of the clearing old content set.

Also, don't you remember how slow as F Arthas was chasing us down in that last LK dungeon?!

DKs always had some kind of op speed buff, why suddenly they are slow in wow?
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean sure, if we ignore death's advance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering + Nitro Boost!
    Defacto profession for my DK.

Other than that, with Death's Advantage it isn't that bad really. Besides, every group will have a Resto Druid and they now have Stampeding Roar ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think dk's are really that slow these days with both death's advance and wraith walk.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Well... We are kinda undead, It's not like it fits the class design if we get to many sprints. We should have less then lets say a rogue.

Different classes should be different... if you wanna leap all over the place go DH.
    change can't wait.

The DK's slow speed was one of the reasons why I chose to make mine a Worgen. Blood Tanking was nearly unstoppable in PVP back in the day, and having a run made you even more useful as a flag runner or to chase down enemy flag runners.

Each class has their own strengths and weaknesses. Death Knights and paladins both have poor mobility and long CDs on fairly weak movement spells. Both of them have abilities that act as closers. Death Knights cannot be slowed as much as other classes, have a powerful ranged single target stun, along with Death Grip and slows/roots. Paladins have hand of freedom, a powerful burst movement ability, one of the few other long ranged single target stuns, etc.

Neither of them can move like the 4 leather classes with their various dashes, jumps, sprints, and more. But they act more like juggernauts with the ability to pin players and enemies down once they catch them.

It boils down to different strokes for different folks. I've played a druid, shaman, paladin, and death knight. I enjoy them all for different reasons and they each have their strengths and weaknesses. Especially in PvP, once I've caught you on my paladin or DK it's basically all over unless you're a solid hard counter class. Druids and shamans have to do a lot more movement and self-preservation to survive compared to those two.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2020-12-04 at 06:41 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Why did you pick a slower class if you dislike being slow?

Stop ignoring the other advantages of Death Knight.
    I picked my DK in wotlk, when it was a fast character.
    Difference between DKs through expansions is... they are basically different classes with each expansion. It's what I dislike in blizzards class design. "You like your class? Well not for long - next week we are changing it into something completely new."

With all due respect to the OP, whats the point of your post?
    I mean, i feel sorry that Rogues cant tank, or that they now have SnD baseline, or that Outlaw is stuck with "Outlaw" name.. and well, for a lot of other things on other classes, yet i dont go to their forums and start "Im sorry for you how can you play this.." posts.
    Im maybe missing something too, but it looks to me like OP is trolling since there is countless better ways to ask for help/explanation without belittling something in more than half of initial post. Rude, but whatever, i guess we all function differently and this is internet after all.

To answer the question.

DK specific Weapon enchant: "Rune of Unending Thirst" - 5% default -15% movement speed after kill.

Weapon enchant: "Windwalk" - chance for 10% movement speed after melee hit.
    Weapon: "Runeblade of Baron Rivendare" - 10% movement speed on a weapon switch macro.
    Gems: "Straddling Sage Agate" and "Straddling Viridium" - 8% movement speed combined.
    Gems2: "Straddling Jewel Doublet" - adds 13 Speed for every other gem, around 1,3% per gem.
    Cloak: "Fate-Sewn Shawls" from Auction House - adds 28 speed, around 3% movement speed.
    Cloak enchant: "Fortified Speed Enchant" - adds 30 speed, around 3% movement speed.
    Food: "Fried Bonefish" speed after kill.

Mail boots: "Boots of the Gilded Path" - 30% movement speed for 6 sec after looting gold on top for mail users.

Its not bad as it used to be, as you can see from above theres A TON of options to make DKs go ZOOOOM, you just need to know how.
    Actually, most of those above are working on all classes with mail boots as extra benefit for Shamans/Hunters.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-12-04 at 06:44 AM.