Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah I heard Jeff Bezos made his fortune from selling gold he generated through garrison bag-crafting.

We need to shut that down now or the economy will fall! /s

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's been many years since that expansion and it's kinda lame being able to make gold with those subsystems. I believe the game should just shut down those systems in terms of gold making because after a point it becomes a chore to be able to go back to ancient expansions and make gold which gives benefits to the actual end-game of a current patch.
    Don't then? It's far from the only way to make gold. If you don't want to do it, then don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The only way to make gold from garrisons is by utilizing them to create profession items, which is not really a garrison thing but rather a profession thing. Even then, aside from some odd cases (like hexweave bags) you are going to really struggle to actually sell those items.

In every other scenario, being able to generate resources in and of itself otherwise is a loss of gold virtually 99% of the time so I see no issue here.

No, what it is time to do is to remove the gold costs on all garrison buildings so that players can enjoy the content without blowing tens of thousands of gold to do so. (And yes, I use the term "enjoy" relatively...)

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's issue exists entirely between chair and keyboard, no fix needed.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I don't think a problem exists here.

Remove all gold from dungeons because you can make more money running dungeons in an hour than a garrison does in a week

You can still make gold from garrisons? I mean I guess it is nice to not have to buy my own glider kits, drums, and get a bit of assistance making bags on my tailor, but the bags are very cheap now, drums are nerfed, and glider kits also cheap. Considering the upfront cost to build the garrison in the first place, I've probably barely made back my gold from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If it's a chore don't do it. How about having some self restraint? Some people...

It's been many years since that expansion and it's kinda lame being able to make gold with those subsystems. I believe the game should just shut down those systems in terms of gold making because after a point it becomes a chore to be able to go back to ancient expansions and make gold which gives benefits to the actual end-game of a current patch.
    You can make a lot of gold through just about any means if you've an army of alts at your disposal.
    Thing is: most people don't bother with that.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I thought the use of the word INDIRECT in the title would make people realize this is not about the gold rewards (which are not just low now but ~zero). It's about the profession buildings mainly. Some people that replied get it though because it's an extremely efficient gold maker because it takes only seconds.

I thought the use of the word INDIRECT in the title would make people realize this is not about the gold rewards (which are not just low now but ~zero). It's about the profession buildings mainly. Some people that replied get it though because it's an extremely efficient gold maker because it takes only seconds.
    So what?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    So what?
    Because it doesn't even follow the current expansion! That expansion was absolute crap at shitting mats and gold (now only mats) by just idling in garrison.
    As a result it's completely imbalanced having that gameplay at the same time with current gameplay that needs more effort.

Because it doesn't even follow the current expansion! That expansion was absolute crap at shitting mats and gold (now only mats) by just idling in garrison.
    As a result it's completely imbalanced having that gameplay at the same time with current gameplay that needs more effort.
    So you're sitting on millions made by WoD profession buildings?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Its not so much on an individual case. But I know people that seriously have like 15 characters that just log in.. have addons that almost automate the processes, and make a SHIT ton of gold a day in about the amount of time it takes the loading bar to start and finish loading a day..

I wouldn't say its a massive problem because lets be honest.. most people aren't doing this.. but some people are.. so it's not a nothing issue. But it isn't a major one either.

It might become a bigger issue now that you can level 20 characters in a weekend. If enough people people start doing it then it will get clipped.

As I illustrated above, it really isn't. Sure the money you can make by running it is "big" for some, but you can get the exact same amount or more in half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    As I illustrated above, it really isn't. Sure the money you can make by running it is "big" for some, but you can get the exact same amount or more in half the time.
    Hold on a second. We are talking about literally queuing mats to a building and nothing else. It's not comparable even to the effort of running an old raid's trash because there you have to pay some minor attention at least.

Hold on a second. We are talking about literally queuing mats to a building and nothing else. It's not comparable even to the effort of running an old raid's trash because there you have to pay some minor attention at least.
    I know what you are referring to. You realize the time it takes to obtain the mats to queue up and then collect is still time utilized right? None of the mats you use to queue up are free and cost something whether it was time you farmed or stuff you bought from the AH. On top of this the example was showing something like 10 minutes for the MoP farm as that person was suggesting MoP farm too. Even if we reduce the time still you can make a lot of more gold doing an actual activity in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You realize the time it takes to obtain the mats to queue up and then collect is still time utilized right?
    You realize you can bank them, and use them for weeks before restocking.

You realize you can bank them, and use them for weeks before restocking.

I don't know what point you're trying to make, but storing mats in a bank doesn't negate the time it takes to farm the mats.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I love all the people that say there's no gold to be made from garrisons, or that the amount of gold is negligible. Keep preaching that!

However, both the mop farm and wod garrison are a priority item on my alts as I'm leveling them. The income from both, especially when having an army of alts, is still freaking insane. Best part: I can do both while essentially afking - sitting on the phone for a meeting, or watching a movie with the GF, etc.

Not sure what Blizz can do about either without just removing them though and I think that would be way over the top.

Edit:
    Hmmm, maybe I should have gone with what the other side is saying and said: You can't make any gold with the garrison these days!
    answer me this, how many fucking alts do you have and then ask me if i'm willing to level that many goddamn alts.....

and just so you know, your ONLY response to people has been complete deflections of backing up your original claim. Not once have you double down on your statements, educating those with your knowledge so they can see that your statements are genuinely true.

Trust me, guilds like Method and what not that paid people to farm for them didn't do so with Garrisons in mind or a part of the transaction.

Try harder to troll.

Imagine, having a girlfriend and while watching a movie you're doing something else. Trust me, pretending to do something in a relationship while playing a video game instead won't end well.

And I've given you enough to deflect more and to ignore the original call-out of your horseshit claims. I DARE YOU to give us a step-by-step guide on how you do this, or from someone you learned this and educate us without deflecting like a crazy person who is in denial.

PROVE ME WRONG.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-11-14 at 11:58 PM.