Undead DK's using Human character-models would be SICK (image included)

Seriously, check out this sonuvabitch and tell me he doesn't look badass:

https://i.imgur.com/7Mu4zzm.png

To me, much as I dig the LORE of the Forsaken, the character-model just doesn't suit a Death Knight. And yet, I also really dig the prospect of a DK who still chooses to fight for Lordaeron and its people, even undead as they are (shame Sylvanas nuked Undercity, since I always enjoyed "the walk" to the throne room, vaguely hearing the cinematic where Arthas returned).

Shame that was never a supported option. I'd personally have retconned Undead DK's to have been part of the first invasion Arthas made to Lordaeron, thus justifying why they looked different (being raised by Arthas immediately, they wouldn't have decayed).

Then again, if bitch-ass Nathanos got to get a snazzy new human model, what's stopping Death Knights -- literal Necromancers -- from employing similar means?

Not holding out hope or anything, but... as someone who enjoys trying to play Race-Class combinations that are supported by Lore, playing an Undead DK with a Human character-model would honestly be my idea scenario. Well... as long as I didn't have to hang around Orgrimmar ALL the time (although I'm pretty bored of Stormwind too at this point).

Just play a Human and pretend.

Technically, a human Death Knight is an Undead human. Just play it on Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Seriously, check out this sonuvabitch and tell me he doesn't look badass:
    To each his own, to me he just looks like a generic human dude, kinda bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Then again, if bitch-ass Nathanos got to get a snazzy new human model, what's stopping Death Knights -- literal Necromancers -- from employing similar means?
    Because Nathanos had a close-enough replication of his own body use as the material for the body recreation, whereas it'd be silly to think that all DK's have a cousin who looks like them to do the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Because Nathanos had a close-enough replication of his own body use as the material for the body recreation, whereas it'd be silly to think that all DK's have a cousin who looks like them to do the same thing.
    Who says they have to look like them?

Sylvanas clearly wanted Nathanos to look as close as possible to how he usually looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what I'm hearing is... Give the Alliance Human DKs the cultist skin variant and give them better armor, because the generic plate sets they've been making for alliance plate wearers don't fit them at all?

Because that would literally give you what you want in the OP.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Honestly I'd be totally fine with Human and Forsaken Death Knights being able to choose their faction like Pandaren do. You're still not a member of the Horde or Alliance until the end of the starting zone, so just offer both capital city quests to those two races. Easy peasy. Wouldn't really work for other races, except I guess Night and Blood Elves?

Should happen to all Demon Hunters, too, now that the Alliance has Void/High Elves. Theyre hero classes, they should have their own rules.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2020-11-14 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So what I'm hearing is... Give the Alliance Human DKs the cultist skin variant and give them better armor, because the generic plate sets they've been making for alliance plate wearers don't fit them at all?

Because that would literally give you what you want in the OP.
    Well, for me personally, not quite.

See, a BIG part of the reason I've wanted this option for so long is that, from a Lore perspective, I feel like there's a cognitive dissonance with playing a Death Knight on the Alliance. There is effectively no reason Stormwind would accept Death Knights but not Undead, and I've always seen Death Knights as being deeply entrenched with the nation of Lordaeron.

I used to love "the walk" to the throne room above Undercity, how you could faintly hear the voices from Arthas' return to Lordaeron cinematic. To me, it feels like a WC3-era Death Knight would be most inclined to fight for Lordaeron and its people, even if they are now undead. In fact, at one point I had even race-changed to an Undead. The problem was, there felt like *such* a discrepancy in how they LOOK, it didn't feel like I was playing a Death Knight at all. (I eventually changed to an Orc, because I was playing with a hardcore raiding guild back then, but eventually went back to Human)

I recognize, though, that most people probably don't see the game or their characters the same way I do. I admittedly get a little obsessive when it comes to trying to make "Lore-friendly characters", specifically choosing classes for each race I think best fit their culture. But I figured, hey, maybe if others could visualize how well I honestly think this option WOULD "fit" into the game, maybe it could actually get done?

It would be neat but I honestly don't know if blizzards shoe string code could handle merging the factions at this point... it makes sense lore and gameplay wise just have the other side be attackable in warmode and boom Bob's your uncle but until they do that I doubt they are going to willingly share models.

Well...at least none elf models.

I only see a human DK? the class makes it undead so you can check all your fantasy checkboxes.
    Forsaken models are fine , 10 times better now that you can hide bones , they only need straight back options but as far as looks go , they are fine as they are different from stormwind humans

Playable human death knights are a already a thing. Just fix the cape thing with boneless undead and I'll be content with my DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I only see a human DK? the class makes it undead so you can check all your fantasy checkboxes.
    Forsaken models are fine , 10 times better now that you can hide bones , they only need straight back options but as far as looks go , they are fine as they are different from stormwind humans
    Well, he's wearing the Horde/Forsaken Warfront gear. It just meshes SO well with the Death Knight aesthetic, I don't think it strikes people as being as unique as it is.

Anyways, like I said in a more recent post in this thread, a big part of the appeal for me personally is the idea of having a Death Knight that still has a deep connection to Lordaeron, but having to trade-off the appearance of a traditional WC3-era Death Knight, to play a literal skin-and-bones zombie, just feels like kind of a crappy choice to have to make.

Being able to be an Undead DK, fighting for Lordaeron and its (now-undead) citizens, while also maintaining the iconic Human character-model of the WC3-style Death Knight, feels like the best of both worlds.

Also worth noting; there is literally a Human-model Knight of the Ebon Blade walking around Orgrimmar right now. That seems like even more evidence to suggest this idea would fit, as not other Humans appear to be welcome in Orgrimmar, but he's obviously an exception because they still recognize him as "undead".

Like I said, I would honestly just LOVE to see that option added in. Hell, maybe make it part of some kind of ritual, sort of like how NE's unlock Black "Night Warrior" eyes?