Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Cool Xmogs for sale: Has Blizzard noticed this gold mine ??

Would you buy an xmog if it was really amazing?

"Sprite Darter's Wings" is the first (and very strange ...) xmogs that Blizzard places in the game store. I remember when the "Celestial Steed" appeared and sparked the same debate: "Is selling mounts a good idea?" Will players accept an exclusive item that can only be purchased like a "Pay to Win" game?

Check this out: Despite turning the char into a complete clown (forgive me if you disagree) the xmog "Sprite Darter's Wings" is a success. I'm already getting tired of finding players using this in Azeroth.
    Imagine then ... if Blizzard creates special xmogs for specific classes like (for example) the first FULL BLACK set for rogues (a wish of many) with "smoke effect" and when you press sprint ... a huge trail of smoke black is left behind. (Blizzard, I would pay $ 500 on that. Just saying ...)

And you? Do you believe that the new era of "xmogs for sale" is coming?
    Would you buy it if they were special and badass (as with the mounts that are to sell) ??

EDIT:
    For something like this I sell my kidney and pay what Blizzard can order without problems:

Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-11-09 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do. In many games, Destiny 2 for example, selling cosmetic items is a thing and a huge success.

Battlefield V (as bad as it was) and CODMW were also seeing a success selling cosmetic items. Thats why updates the updates were free.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

they tested the waters previously with the helm transmogs and weapon effects.

they recently removed em from the shop I thought? I never saw anyone in game with those transmog effects.

but they were also pretty lame overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were three helms for sale in the store some years ago. A lot of people who bought them got tired eventually (as it happens with tmogs) and mogged to something else.
    Also if you had the helmets on, there was a chance you could be kicked from LFR groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post

"Sprite Darter's Wings" is the first (and very strange ...) xmogs that Blizzard places in the game store. I remember when the "Celestial Steed" appeared and sparked the same debate: "Is selling mounts a good idea?" Will players accept an exclusive item that can only be purchased like a "Pay to Win" game?

Check this out: Despite turning the char into a complete clown (forgive me if you disagree) the xmog "Sprite Darter's Wings" is a success. I'm already getting tired of finding players using this in Azeroth.
    Imagine then ... if Blizzard creates special xmogs for specific classes like (for example) the first FULL BLACK set for rogues (a wish of many) with "smoke effect" and when you press sprint ... a huge trail of smoke black is left behind. (Blizzard, I would pay $ 500 on that. Just saying ...)

Would you buy it if they were special and badass (as with the mounts that are to sell) ??
    No. Because as much as the chicken little's have clutched at their pearls about the slippery slip there have only been about 20 mounts and 20 pets added to the store, three transmog helms, and one transmog set over the course of 10 years of the shop being open.

Would I buy something? Sure if I thought it looked cool enough to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LCSscallywag View Post
    they tested the waters previously with the helm transmogs and weapon effects.

they recently removed em from the shop I thought? I never saw anyone in game with those transmog effects.

but they were also pretty lame overall.
    What weapon effects were sold and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    First?
    Full body ... yes!

It's a balance of bad press VS enought retards buying it.
    I'm sure there are enought retards who would buy, so I guess they still fear a bit the bad press coming with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The helms, then the blizzcon onesie, its just the way things are heading

People that collect mounts tend to be jaded by blizz releasing nothing but mounts, so they decided to change it up from the hate they got from Assmon

Now that they put in something besides a mount people are losing it

To me, it doesnt matter because I'm someone who believes you can buy it with in game wow tokens - I get the other side saying "WELL SOMEONE BUYS THOSE TOKENS" sure that's the case but think about this: most of you play wow completely free you buy month tokens with gold, expansions with gold, hearthstone packs and expansions with gold, like I get it you buy the max tokens allowed.. but the situation is deeper with Blizzard and Activision trying to buy those extra YACHTS right ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Also if you had the helmets on, there was a chance you could be kicked from LFR groups.
    Jesus, Is it impossible to be a good player and enjoy buying cool things at the store at the same time? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    I do all the time in games where they are available. The issue with Blizzard is they have yet to show me a truly amazing paid xmog. Everything we have gotten has been meh at best.

If they started doing them like FFXIV though where a lot of them are based off lore figures and what not then I might be a bit higher on them but as of right now I just don't really have faith that Blizzard will nail this. Hell they still don't even let us dye gear. They really need to let that go lol

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They always knew it was gold mine that’s why they put so many tabards/mounts in the card packs in the past. They were trying to avoid back lash after the helms but gaming has moved so far beyond that they know any backlash will be minimal at this point.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-11-09 at 04:36 PM.

they tryed it and been bash about it
    anyone in game with those helmet they tested out are kick from raid the majority of time

why ? because you already pay full price for the game + subscrition each month, transmog should be only available while doing something in game

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus, Is it impossible to be a good player and enjoy buying cool things at the store at the same time? o.O
    because its a pay game not a free game, cash shop should not even be there for mount/transmog things

black smoke effect? what, so you can draw penises with your smoke in SW/org?

in any case, not interested. mounts and transmogs are, in their most basic form, skins. that's it. they are only skins. they give you no performance benefit or other advantage, unless you count "expressing yourself" as an advantage?

I got the Sprite Darter wings from my 6 month sub, don't really care about them but threw them on my vulpera I'm levelling for the funs.

I got really confused since someone in a dungeon whispered me how cool it was, I thought I was a clown wtf? want my refund thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They always knew it was a hood mine that’s why they put so many tabards/mounts in the card packs in the past. They were trying to avoid back lash after the helms but gaming has moved so far beyond that they know any backlash will be minimal at this point.
    most of the TCG old UpperDeck loot are now on the black market AH, so at least they have the tabards and stuff and even some of the TCG on the BMAH, I think they will keep expanding that Black Market Action House to make things more viable in the future such as the challenge mode gold sets in Mop etc - I mean why not, the most money getting ejected from the game the better

No and they shouldn't.

If there would be a monetary gain for them to put awesome transmogs in the store, then why would they put in as much effort for the regular gear?
    Yes, mounts already exists, but you can't compared them since mounts are only used in certain situations, while you will always see your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I got the Sprite Darter wings from my 6 month sub, don't really care about them but threw them on my vulpera I'm levelling for the funs.

I got really confused since someone in a dungeon whispered me how cool it was, I thought I was a clown wtf? want my refund thx.
    why do you care what other people think? if you think you look cool, you do you.

Full body ... yes!
    Nope. The yeti suit from buying blizzcon digital a few years back has that achievement. You paid for 1 thing and the the transmog as a bonus just like now.

I am surprised Blizzard hasn't gone down this avenue already. Maybe they don't believe they'll get away with it or maybe they're waiting for the game to be more popular before they pull the trigger, I don't know.