Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How you can even remotely claim something like that is evidence that everyone embraces their own version of willful ignorance. But please, do go on about how Musk "isn't all that different" than Trump. I need a good laugh this morning.
    Likely covid 19 related.
    In that regard he's like any other businessman.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Likely covid 19 related.
    Possibly - he's certainly been a total douche on that subject. And he's certainly not the model citizen in a number of areas, no doubt. But comparing him with Trump in likeness is one of the most ridiculous acts of willful ignorance I've ever been witness to.

Likely covid 19 related.
    While you have been absolute sourpuss in this thread I can agree with one thing - Musk's comments and actions regarding Covid have been truly stupid.
    Then again the man seems to jump from one extreme end to another all the time. "Here is a reasonable mass produced electric car - now I have named my kid something unpronouncable. My company is using reusable rockets almost weekly now - I have made weed joke and brought Tesla's shares down/got SEC on my head."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Possibly - he's certainly been a total douche on that subject. And he's certainly not the model citizen in a number of areas, no doubt. But comparing him with Trump in likeness is one of the most ridiculous acts of willful ignorance I've ever been witness to.
    Admittedly comparing him to Trump is too much. Like Godwin's Law is to nazis and Hitler, we're going to need another category of "law" for this type of extreme.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Admittedly comparing him to Trump is too much. Like Godwin's Law is to nazis and Hitler, we're going to need another category of "law" for this type of extreme.
    And I'll have some trouble with it, as I've never really liked Godwin's law - it's misused and misunderstood and frankly just doesn't need to exist. Shouldn't have been created in the first place.

However, given that it does exist, another one relating to Trump wouldn't surprise me.

I personally really hate that Musk is making space "cool" and relevant again.

Because it's all just a massive money sink. We don't have the level of technology needed to accomplish anything meaningful other than fulfilling our curiosity right now.

If we could actually colonize something, or bring back large amounts of useful materials, or something, it would be different.

I get that it's a slow progression. I just think the 10's of billions of dollars are better spent elsewhere, honestly. Our world has so many problems. And space travel isn't going to solve any of them in our lifetimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Well he is different in that he is actually somewhat successful at the things he is doing and is actually doing some important stuff. But like a lot of the tech bros he has a very odd outlook and can be really weird and stupid about stuff he should know better but just doesn't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the reporting did not seem to recognize what the actual goals yesterday were for the launch. It got to its altitude and the rocket shut off that I thought was an engine failure was actually working as planned as they wanted to basically coast up to the altitude before the belly flop manuver. Everything went basically right to plan until it had some fuel pressure issues at the end which prevented it from having the thrust to land. Sticking the landing was just frosting on the cake everything else was basically what they were testing and was successful.
    Well standing on the shoulders of others to and being given credit for things he has little or almost nothing to do with other than being born into wealth. All of which has lead to him having an ego that really isn't deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

How you can even remotely claim something like that is evidence that everyone embraces their own version of willful ignorance. But please, do go on about how Musk "isn't all that different" than Trump. I need a good laugh this morning.
    Well he certainly believes because of how much money he has inherited and invested that he is somehow worthy of recognition he didn't actually earn.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I personally really hate that Musk is making space "cool" and relevant again.

Because it's all just a massive money sink. We don't have the level of technology needed to accomplish anything meaningful other than fulfilling our curiosity right now.

If we could actually colonize something, or bring back large amounts of useful materials, or something, it would be different.

I get that it's a slow progression. I just think the 10's of billions of dollars are better spent elsewhere, honestly. Our world has so many problems. And space travel isn't going to solve any of them in our lifetimes.
    Space has always been cool. Musk is just making it accessible.

And he's made space profitable, as well. Which is the key to getting people, our civilization, back into space. 50 years ago we landed people on the moon, and then lost interest. Since then we've barely scratched the surface of the possibilities of space, and that's mostly been because it's too expensive.

But not now.

Now anyone and their mother can put something into space for relatively small amounts of money. Now companies and governments are able to put vast amounts of science and tech into space. There are two companies putting satellite-based global internet systems into play, which brings internet to everyone.

SpaceX will also get us to the moon. Their Starship transport will be the boosting device for equipment and personnel.

Oh, SpaceX also got the United States back into launching their own people up instead of having to rely on the Russians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Well he certainly believes because of how much money he has inherited and invested that he is somehow worthy of recognition he didn't actually earn.

It seems your willful ignorance is in full bloom. What's really adorable is that people who fall in the category of haters gotta hate, usually end up saying really stupid things. I respect the fact that you didn't wait.

Paypal
    Tesla
    SpaceX

Yep...no recognition to be had there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I used to think this too, in fact 2 years ago I was just kind of starting to question more about Elon, however since then to present day, I have done a whole lot more research on Elon Musk, far more than ever gets really highlighted anywhere over most of his events he does for one reasons or another.

I guess I would also liken it to Steve Jobs, the more you learn the less and less likely you are to see him as such a swell guy, the difference between Elon and say Steve Jobs is that while both are smart, only one actually DID anything in terms of the engineering and technical aspects to make what they are famous for work.

Elon is a trust fund kid, most of his accomplishments have been on the backs and shoulders of much better people often buried in terms of any actual recognition.

So to compare him to Trump, yeah, I would say that is apt, because much like Trump it wasn't really until people started looking into his background more closely people realized what a POS he is.

Fast forward to Elon Musk, is he like Trump in that he is as big of a moron? NO, I don't think so, but by every other metric yeah

Elon is rarely if ever the smartest guy in the room, however he or sure has has more will to support and push for technologies like solar energy, and tesla and now Space X.

However as I said, that isn't without a lot of nameless and faceless individuals that did the hard work.

Over all mush isn't a terrible person, something that took me a while to appreciate, not because he isn't a saint, but because of what I have said. And NOW more recently with the other nonsense like some of the negative shit like calling one of the divers a couple of years back that sued him for calling him a pedophile.

Yeah Elon is showing himself as the piece of shit he is.

Again even going back a few years with the diver incident, I never thought Elon Musk was a saint, but I did think suing him was silly, but since then as I have been motivated to learn more of what kind of man he is.

Yeah, I am standing by my comment about him being like Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems your willful ignorance is in full bloom. What's really adorable is that people who fall in the category of haters gotta hate, usually end up saying really stupid things. I respect the fact that you didn't wait.

Paypal
    Tesla
    SpaceX

Yep...no recognition to be had there.
    Hahaha yeah you're still under the impression this guy is something he isn't maybe at some point you will dig a little deeper, but the fact you mention Paypal and Tesla, and Space X as though that should mean something specifically in relation to him, I find even more laughable.

What hand do you think Elon had in any of those things besides Paypal specifically?

- - - Updated - - -

Space has always been cool. Musk is just making it accessible.

And he's made space profitable, as well. Which is the key to getting people, our civilization, back into space. 50 years ago we landed people on the moon, and then lost interest. Since then we've barely scratched the surface of the possibilities of space, and that's mostly been because it's too expensive.

But not now.

Now anyone and their mother can put something into space for relatively small amounts of money. Now companies and governments are able to put vast amounts of science and tech into space. There are two companies putting satellite-based global internet systems into play, which brings internet to everyone.

SpaceX will also get us to the moon. Their Starship transport will be the boosting device for equipment and personnel.

Oh, SpaceX also got the United States back into launching their own people up instead of having to rely on the Russians.
    Elon Musk didn't do any of these things.

Yes he invested a lot of money into these ventures, but not nearly as much as you might think, and that's about it.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-12-11 at 03:43 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I used to think this too, in fact 2 years ago I was just kind of starting to question more about Elon, however since then to present day, I have done a whole lot more research on Elon Musk, far more than ever gets really highlighted anywhere over most of his events he does for one reasons or another.
    Please show us all the research and evidence you have to back up this claim. We'll wait.

Elon is a trust fund kid, most of his accomplishments have been on the backs and shoulders of much better people often buried in terms of any actual recognition.
    Again, evidence. Please, show us how you came to this conclusion.
    (note: any response of "it's out there you just have to find it", or similar, proves you're a liar)

So to compare him to Trump, yeah, I would say that is apt, because much like Trump it wasn't really until people started looking into his background more closely people realized what a POS he is.

Fast forward to Elon Musk, is he like Trump in that he is as big of a moron? NO, I don't think so, but by every other metric yeah
    Lol, here's your willful ignorance shining through. Your ridiculous hyperbole shines bright as ever. Can you give examples of those "every other metrics"? The failed businesses?

Again even going back a few years with the diver incident, I never thought Elon Musk was a saint, but I did think suing him was silly, but since then as I have been motivated to learn more of what kind of man he is.

Yeah, I am standing by my comment about him being like Trump.
    And you'd still be as wrong as you were at the beginning.

Hahaha yeah you're still under the impression this guy is something he isn't maybe at some point you will dig a little deeper, but the fact you mention Paypal and Tesla, and Space X as though that should mean something specifically in relation to him, I find even more laughable.

What hand do you think Elon had in any of those things besides Paypal specifically?
    I see you admit you're already wrong. Good to know.

Elon Musk didn't do any of these things.
    He sure did. Show us your proof he didn't.

Yes he invested a lot of money into these ventures, but not nearly as much as you might thing, and that's about it.
    Lol, ok buddy. Haters just gotta hate. I guess this is your hill to die on. We'll wait for all your hard sought research to prove point.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-12-11 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please show us all the research and evidence you have to back up this claim. We'll wait.
    There is no we here only you, and I am not going to argue with cultist. You can do the research yourself, it isn't hard it's no conspiracy, anything you look up with validate anything I have said.

(note: any response of "it's out there you just have to find it", or similar, proves you're a liar)

Lol, here's your willful ignorance shining through. Your ridiculous hyperbole shines bright as ever. Can you give examples of those "every other metrics"? The failed businesses?
    I didn't suggest any business's he has been involved with failed.

And you'd still be as wrong as you were at the beginning.Lol, ok buddy. Haters just gotta hate. I guess this is your hill to die on. We'll wait for all your hard sought research to prove point.
    Yep spoken exactly like those deflecting about Trump when he announced he was running for President. LOL Stay you Cubby.

I guess I would also liken it to Steve Jobs, the more you learn the less and less likely you are to see him as such a swell guy, the difference between Elon and say Steve Jobs is that while both are smart, only one actually DID anything in terms of the engineering and technical aspects to make what they are famous for work.
    Hmf...Steve Jobs wasn't a fan of US regulations. Nor did he have political savvy. He told Obama that the jobs he transferred to China were never coming back.
    I recall reading that SJ wanted schools to have 11 month year and the school day ending at 6pm. (I can't imagine trying to sell that idea to John Q. Public.)

Sorry..offtopic..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmf...Steve Jobs wasn't a fan of US regulations. Nor did he have political savvy. He told Obama that the jobs he transferred to China were never coming back.
    I recall reading that SJ wanted schools to have 11 month year and the school day ending at 6pm. (I can't imagine trying to sell that idea to John Q. Public.)

Sorry..offtopic..
    Yeah I mean if you dig into anyone’s life you’re bound to find ugly parts.

I still think Steve Jobs was instrumental as is Elon Musk.

My point is in my view Elon is a lot like Trump. I might be able to say the same about Steve to a degree.

I think bottom line the Truth is in the layers. With Steve even when it came to his personal life he seemed pretty brutal.

And regardless to my opinion or anyone else’s I will say if more people Knew who Elon Musk is they might not agree he’s Trump.

But I think most objectively would come away with him being kind of a POS.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is no we here only you, and I am not going to argue with cultist. You can do the research yourself, it isn't hard it's no conspiracy, anything you look up with validate anything I have said.
    Bwaaaaahahahahahaha....ahahahahahaha. Holy fuck you haters really go low fast. Remember when I predicted you were a liar? Here, just in case you forgot:

It's adorable that you cult haters are so fucking predictable.

I didn't suggest any business's he has been involved with failed.
    Of course you did, you just don't understand how. Here, let me explain your own words:
    Oops. Sucks you can't remember your own words. Glad I'm here to help. Let me know if you don't understand them, we can explain them to you again.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I mean if you dig into anyone’s life you’re bound to find ugly parts.

I still think Steve Jobs was instrumental as is Elon Musk.

My point is in my view Elon is a lot like Trump. I might be able to say the same about Steve to a degree.

I think bottom line the Truth is in the layers. With Steve even when it came to his personal life he seemed pretty brutal.

And regardless to my opinion or anyone else’s I will say if more people Knew who Elon Musk is they might not agree he’s Trump.

But I think most objectively would come away with him being kind of a POS.
    Show us. Show us the ugly parts. You're literally lying to push the same ol hyperbole you've always spewed and never back up. You have linked not one cite to your multiple lies to show us that you're point of view is even remotely worth not laughing at.

Musk the same as Trump...holy FUCK you chug that kool aid hard, eyes closed, just like those Trumpkins. Your hardon is just for someone else.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-12-11 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bwaaaaahahahahahaha....ahahahahahaha. Holy fuck you haters really go low fast. Remember when I predicted you were a liar? Here, just in case you forgot:

It's adorable that you cult haters are so fucking predictable.

Of course you did, you just don't understand how. Here, let me explain your own words:

Oops. Sucks you can't remember your own words. Glad I'm here to help. Let me know if you don't understand them, we can explain them to you again.

- - - Updated - - -

Show us. Show us the ugly parts. You're literally lying to push the same ol hyperbole you've always spewed and never back up. You have linked not one cite to your multiple lies to show us that you're point of view is even remotely worth not laughing at.

Musk the same as Trump...holy FUCK you chug that kool aid hard, eyes closed, just like those Trumpkins. Your hardon is just for someone else.

You really went unhinged. Yes in my opinion by every other metric Elon Musk is a moron and every bit like Trump. Lol cause I’m a hater.

Or because based on judgment of his actions I view him as a piece of shit.

My claim is exactly what I said from the start beyond the surface Elon Musk Is a Piece of Shit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You really went unhinged.
    So much like the Trumpkin-esques to lash out when they know they're wrong. /sad

Yes in my opinion by every other metric Elon Musk is a moron and every bit like Trump. Lol cause I’m a hater.
    So you forgot already that you did all this research to form that opinion? Did you already forget what you said:
    I have done a whole lot more research on Elon Musk, far more than ever gets really highlighted anywhere
    I guess it's double-plus secret research, since you apparently can't remember it nor share it. You are what we call a liar. Because you're lying about your opinion. You can have all the willfully ignorant opinions you want, doesn't really matter, but when you claim to have evidence, that changes things.

So please, share with us your evidence-based opinion on Musk. Show us all your secret evidence on Musk that led to your opinion.

Or because based on judgment of his actions I view him as a piece of shit.

My claim is exactly what I said from the start beyond the surface Elon Musk Is a Piece of Shit.
    Oh, whoops - guess you're changing your story now. You realize we can all see through your bullshit lies, right? You have always been a hater of Musk, and your cult-like behavior just shines through every time.

Is Musk a great person? Nope. His stance on Covid is beyond reprehensible. Many other incidents as well.

Overall, however, saying he's the same as Trump. Well, that's just a YUGE lie now, isn't it.

Elon Musk sees how dumb we humans are at least in 'Murica. He wants his own space program like a James Bond villain so he can get off the planet before it's too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much like the Trumpkin-esques to lash out when they know they're wrong. /sad

So you forgot already that you did all this research to form that opinion? Did you already forget what you said:

I guess it's double-plus secret research, since you apparently can't remember it nor share it. You are what we call a liar. Because you're lying about your opinion. You can have all the willfully ignorant opinions you want, doesn't really matter, but when you claim to have evidence, that changes things.

So please, share with us your evidence-based opinion on Musk. Show us all your secret evidence on Musk that led to your opinion.

Oh, whoops - guess you're changing your story now. You realize we can all see through your bullshit lies, right? You have always been a hater of Musk, and your cult-like behavior just shines through every time.

Is Musk a great person? Nope. His stance on Covid is beyond reprehensible. Many other incidents as well.

Overall, however, saying he's the same as Trump. Well, that's just a YUGE lie now, isn't it.

Lol always been a hater of musk lol nope.

And I’ve been consistent with my opinion however you and all the people you claim to represent can go on calling me a hater.

Elon Musk by every other metric is like Trump and IMO a piece of shit but by all means keep frothing at the bit to defend him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol always been a hater of musk lol nope.
    Sure you have. Unless you can show otherwise. Do you see how this works for liars? You have consistently and cohesively tied yourself to the cult-hate machine that always pops up when Musk notches an achievement.

We'll wait for those links of you not hating on Musk.

And I’ve been consistent with my opinion however you and all the people you claim to represent can go on calling me a hater.
    You're almost right here - so close, and yet so far. You have been consistent with your opinion on Musk, but it's always been as a hater. Keep trying though, you'll get there.

Elon Musk by every other metric is like Trump and IMO a piece of shit but by all means keep frothing at the bit to defend him.
    We've already covered this. By your own admission this is a lie. Remember the failed business example? If you still don't understand, we can explain it to you again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure you have. Unless you can show otherwise. Do you see how this works for liars? You have consistently and cohesively tied yourself to the cult-hate machine that always pops up when Musk notches an achievement.

We'll wait for those links of you not hating on Musk.

You're almost right here - so close, and yet so far. You have been consistent with your opinion on Musk, but it's always been as a hater. Keep trying though, you'll get there.

We've already covered this. By your own admission this is a lie. Remember the failed business example? If you still don't understand, we can explain it to you again.
    Again not a lie just your gross exaggeration of what I said mixed with you spinning you’re own narrative that I’m a Musk hater. Which I’m not and clearly explained I don’t care that’s what you believe.

This is even after you flamed the situation and spammed bullshit of how I have to provide you with evidence as to how I arrived at the opinion I’ve laid out.

Well let me explain something to you. I fucking don’t I never have and I’m never going to. If you think the consequences for that is you get to make up your own rules by insulting others while at the same time ignoring the actual rules that’s on you.

But I’m letting you know and anyone sucked into your bullshit. No!

I more anyone else here have to give you evidence of shit. If you can’t be bothered to bust your fingers and educate yourself then stop spewing your nonsense and personal problems because need attention.

Elon Musk has done a great deal that doesn’t mean he isn’t overhyped or that he is responsible for the shit he is solely recognized for.

Elon Musk is a billionaire who like Trump is about money that’s it.