Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    I have bad news for you: Tinkers will not happen. I will say it again: tinkers will not happen. They will never happen.

They have less chances than a pure Alchemist class.

So deal with it.
    if they happen. what are you going to do? eat a hat?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So it's fine for warlocks and demon hunters share their thematic, and even share school types...

But the necromancers and death knights cannot share their thematic or even share school types.

In other words: "rules for thee but not for me". Textbook definition of "double-standards".
    Demon Hunters and Warlocks do things that are fundamentally different than each other. Warlocks have demonic pets and DHs turn into Demons for example. DHs also have very few ranged spells, which helps differentiate it from Warlocks, while DKs have loads of ranged abilities, especially in Unholy where they can swap out one of their main damage spenders for a ranged attack. It's a very different dynamic at work.

No. No, it would not. Plague magic is not poison magic.
    Doesn't matter. Just the fact that DKs have access to nature magic in any sense opens the door for poison magic, since there really isn't much difference between the two.

And paladins already have loads of ranged spells, which makes a priest completely unnecessary.
    They have loads of ranged spells in Retribution, which is a DPS spec. There is no DPS holy spec in Priests. Not to mention there's still Discipline and Shadow which you love to ignore.

Frostfire Bolt was spec-agnostic. Even arcane mages could use it.
    The point still stands.

Oh, so now there are different types of nature magic? How utterly dishonest of you.
    I never said differently. I was merely saying you can't state that DKs can't use nature magic when they have those abilities.

By the way, I found what looks to be two tinkers in the Trueshot Lodge: Bamm Megabomb and Isaac Blastimov. Why do I say they may be tinkers? Because the two created sentient robots. And then there are Practicus Rozzbin and Drupala Nearmiss who talk about using technology...
    Those are Hunters, not Tinkers. They even call themselves Hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    if they happen. what are you going to do? eat a hat?
    They'll "quit" WoW of course....
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-12-02 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Demon Hunters and Warlocks do things that are fundamentally different than each other. Warlocks have demonic pets and DHs turn into Demons for example. DHs also have very few ranged spells, which helps differentiate it from Warlocks, while DKs have loads of ranged abilities, especially in Unholy where they can swap out one of their main damage spenders for a ranged attack. It's a very different dynamic at work.
    But it's still double-standards at work. Both warlocks and demon hunters share the exact thematic: demons. And even share a spell damage school: chaos. On top of that, paladins can tank, damage AND heal others with the light, making the priest class completely obsolete, considering we already have another class that deals with shadow damage and dots: the warlock.

Doesn't matter. Just the fact that DKs have access to nature magic in any sense opens the door for poison magic, since there really isn't much difference between the two.
    It does matter. Because the death knights do not have access to nature magic at all. You're literally grasping at straws to shoe-horn in "nature magic" into the death knight concept.

They have loads of ranged spells in Retribution, which is a DPS spec. There is no DPS holy spec in Priests. Not to mention there's still Discipline and Shadow which you love to ignore.
    Worse: the paladin has a holy healing spec. And I'm "ignoring" the shadow and discipline specs just like you're ignoring a potential poison magic spec for the necromancer.

The point still stands.
    Your point is moot.

I never said differently.
    REALLY!? All those times you said that death knights have access to poison magic because both poison magic and plague magic deal nature damage just beg to differ.

I was merely saying you can't state that DKs can't use nature magic when they have those abilities.
    We can state that, because death knights don't have any poison magic abilities.

They'll "quit" WoW of course....
    Seems that's what happened to Talen after Demon Hunters got added. Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Depends on how the Vehicle is implimented, Gameplay/Mechanically it could just be how Druids turn into animals (new form with extra stats/abilities) only with a different visual and visuals aren't enough difference if it's the exact same type of gameplay.
    I would say abilities like Self-Destruct, Eject, Park, Combine, Turbocharged, and switching from melee to ranged auto-attack when leaving melee range would offer very different gameplay options than the Druid class.

Not to mention the possibilities of true ranged tanking and the first healing spec to not use mana.

Having one of my quests as a priest literally be "go to the paladin's and beg them for help" sure made me feel empowered.
    I would say there's a difference between asking/begging for Paladins for help, and being a doormat for DKs in archerus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Seems that's what happened to Talen after Demon Hunters got added. Go figure.
    Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... [/gif]

- - - Updated - - -

But it's still double-standards at work. Both warlocks and demon hunters share the exact thematic: demons. And even share a spell damage school: chaos. On top of that, paladins can tank, damage AND heal others with the light, making the priest class completely obsolete, considering we already have another class that deals with shadow damage and dots: the warlock.
    Sorry, but I just can't take this response seriously because I know you don't believe it.

It does matter. Because the death knights do not have access to nature magic at all. You're literally grasping at straws to shoe-horn in "nature magic" into the death knight concept.
    I don't need to grasp at any straws because even without Plague utilizing nature magic, the idea that a Necromancer class would use a magical school unavailable to DKs is laughable. They're in the same lore faction.

Worse: the paladin has a holy healing spec. And I'm "ignoring" the shadow and discipline specs just like you're ignoring a potential poison magic spec for the necromancer.
    See above.

Your point is moot.
    So the fact that the frost and fire aspects of Frostfire were enhanced by the damage components of each spec? For example, the Frost damage component was higher when Frost Mages used it. Indicating that Frostfire is just a combination of Frost and Fire.

Just like Plague is just a combination of Shadow and Nature.

REALLY!? All those times you said that death knights have access to poison magic because both poison magic and plague magic deal nature damage just beg to differ.
    Well yes, because Plague and Poison aren't much different than each other. Pretty big difference between that and the type of Nature magic Shaman or Druids would use.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-12-02 at 10:00 PM.

I would say abilities like Self-Destruct, Eject, Park, Combine, Turbocharged, and switching from melee to ranged auto-attack when leaving melee range would offer very different gameplay options than the Druid class.

Not to mention the possibilities of true ranged tanking and the first healing spec to not use mana.
    Druids arguably already have range switching with balance affinity allowing for (weak at least without heart of the wild) ranged dps, Ranged tanking would also be impossible to balance (most bosses are melee and tanks usually have to be mobile for repositioning and ranged classes are typically immobile (when using abilities), a healer who doesn't use mana would also either be absurdly broken (mana management is one of the core things healers need to watch out for), weaker (since they wouldn't benefit from symbol of hope/mana tide totem/other mana restoration methods) or mechanically too similar for it to be a real difference (i.e giving them a resource that practically acts identical to mana).

I would say there's a difference between asking/begging for Paladins for help, and being a doormat for DKs in archerus.
    The quest involves going to the paladin order hall, begging the paladin leaders for help and standing there as they debate helping save your ass from the burning legion invading your temple and initually the paladins say they're hesitant to help. How does that not say priests are the paladins doormats.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-02 at 10:30 PM.

Who said they're doormats?

Sorry, but I just can't take this response seriously because I know you don't believe it.
    The fact you can't believe your own argument says a lot.

I don't need to grasp at any straws because even without Plague utilizing nature magic, the idea that a Necromancer class would use a magical school unavailable to DKs is laughable. They're in the same lore faction.
    Being in the same "lore faction" is meaningless. Being in the same faction does not mean that they're one and the same.

So the fact that the frost and fire aspects of Frostfire were enhanced by the damage components of each spec? For example, the Frost damage component was higher when Frost Mages used it. Indicating that Frostfire is just a combination of Frost and Fire.

Just like Plague is just a combination of Shadow and Nature.
    You're talking game mechanics. Not lore.

Well yes, because Plague and Poison aren't much different than each other.
    But they are different. And that is what matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids arguably already have range switching with balance affinity allowing for (weak at least without heart of the wild) ranged dps, Ranged tanking would also be impossible to balance (most bosses are melee and tanks usually have to be mobile for repositioning and ranged classes are typically immobile (when using abilities), a healer who doesn't use mana would also either be absurdly broken (resource management/mana management is one of the core healers need to watch out for), weak (since they wouldn't benefit from symbol of hope/mana tide totem/other mana restoration methods) or mechanically too similar for it to be a real difference (i.e giving them a resource that practically acts identical).

I’m talking about being able to auto attack in melee up to 5 yards, then your robotic arms switch to hand cannons and you can auto attack from 30-40 yards away.

As for ranged tanking; Tinker sets up the “decoy” as the stationary threat dump, and the Tinker attacks from ranged. Damage done to the decoy reverbs to the Tinker as reduced damage. Healing reverberates from the Tinker to the decoy.

As for mana less healer, just need to design a Balanced resource system. Mana in of itself has changed a lot over the years, so it’s not impossible.

The quest involves going to the paladin order hall, begging the paladin leaders for help and standing there as they debate helping save your ass from the burning legion invading your temple and initually the paladins say they're hesitant to help. How does that not say priests are the paladins doormats.

All it says is that a Priest needed help and Paladins didn’t know if they could properly help.

You're talking game mechanics. Not lore.

But they are different. And that is what matters.
    It's a game, at the end of the day how it would be implimented as a gameplay mechanic is what matters, Poison, Plague and Disease are obviously different things but all derive the same gameplay concept (Damage over time/debuffs) which we already have in represented in game by Assassination Rogues, Affliction Warlocks and Unholy DK's unless the "poison necromancer" brings an entirely new gameplay to the concept of Damage over Time/Debuff effects they would be entirely redundant outside of visual differences (being poisoncasters/venomancers)

Weren't you arguing earlier in the thread that themes aren't enough to bring new gameplay a Venomancer theme/visual doesn't inherently bring new gameplay especially since it's gameplay archetype (ranged, DoT based caster) is already represented by Affliction Warlocks and parts of Unholy Death Knight's (Outbreak and Epidemic).

I’m talking about being able to auto attack in melee up to 5 yards, then your robotic arms switch to hand cannons and you can auto attack from 30-40 yards away.

As for ranged tanking; Tinker sets up the “decoy” as the stationary threat dump, and the Tinker attacks from ranged. Damage done to the decoy reverbs to the Tinker as reduced damage. Healing reverberates from the Tinker to the decoy.

As for mana less healer, just need to design a Balanced resource system. Mana in of itself has changed a lot over the years, so it’s not impossible.
    That "stationary threat dump" already exists on Brewmasters talent choices (Summon Black Ox Statue) even then it's more of an AOE pulling tool (by casting provoke on the statue) or a way to pull extra threat off others not as a primary tanking tool.

Once again it would be impossible to balance unless the Tinker tank could reposition it constantly since a large number of basic tanking mechanics involve kiting and repositioning the boss, it's why pet tanks don't work it would require constant micromanagement. Seriously imagine this concept on the N'zoth fight where the Tinker would literally have to move it's decoy every second to make sure the add was near the tentacles when they die in phase one or any other fight where theres a phase involving high mobility mechanic (say a boss rains down fire over the entire raid area) it would be impossible for a Tinker to simultaneously move it's decoy, maintain threat on the boss with the decoy while also keeping both itself and the decoy mobile to avoid the raid mechanics.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-02 at 11:01 PM.

It's a game, at the end of the day how it would be implimented as a gameplay mechanic is what matters, Poison, Plague and Disease are obviously different things but all derive the same gameplay concept (Damage over time/debuffs) which we already have in represented in game by Assassination Rogues, Affliction Warlocks and Unholy DK's unless the "poison necromancer" brings an entirely new gameplay to the concept of Damage over Time/Debuff effects they would be entirely redundant outside of visual differences (being poison casters/venomancers)
    I think it would be cool if a Blight/Alchemy spec could use poison spells as more of a zoning/trap based gameplay, where a good amount of DPS comes from blighting areas and using minions that spread that plague.

Instead of just tossing out DOT's on rotation, you'd throw a flask, use a chemical sprayer, launch blight bombs or summon a cauldron that causes pools of plague (or clouds of gas) to spread on the ground, applying poison DoTs as long as the pools last. On top of that you can summon swarms of spider minions that poison enemies (similar to Witchdoctor's Corpse Spider ability from HotS) and oozes that trail enemies and explode into small pools of the same blight. Larger minions could include a Grobulus-like Sludgebelcher that create more oozes during combat, and explode into oozes upon death. And for general sustained damage, you still have skeletal minions at your disposal. The pools apply and refresh poison/plague DoTs, and some types of plague/poison cause other effects (sleeping gas, armor debuff, slows, etc).

It'd be a very different style that isn't your typical rotation-based gameplay, and the zoning properties could be very effective in PVP battlegrounds where you can limit the movements of the enemy. The rotational gameplay would be based on upkeeping your application of blight and making sure positioning is correct to maximize your damage; boss fights where there is a lot of movement could require you to use more oozes and sprays rather while the blight cauldrons could be large area effect and stationary, but great for AoE (like Starfall). Skeletons could be modified to be empowered on blight, and eventually you could summon giant spiders or the like too. These are all things that are themed straight out of the Plague, Construct and Spider wings of Naxxramas and the Plagueworks of ICC.

Naxxramas and ICC had some really interesting themes that could be used for this. Heigan the Unclean, Grobbulus, Professor Putricide and Rotface/Festergut would be the inspiration for this spec. This could also incorporate the old Druid Wild Mushroom ability and floating spores that affect healing taken as utility parts of the kit.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-12-02 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be cool if a Blight/Alchemy spec could use poison spells as more of a zoning/trap based gameplay, where a good amount of DPS comes from blighting areas and using minions that spread that plague.

Instead of just tossing out DOT's on rotation, you'd throw a flask, use a chemical sprayer, launch blight bombs or summon a cauldron that causes pools of plague (or clouds of gas) to spread on the ground, applying poison DoTs as long as the pools last. On top of that you can summon swarms of spider minions that poison enemies (similar to Witchdoctor's Corpse Spider ability from HotS) and oozes that trail enemies and explode into small pools of the same blight. Larger minions could include a Grobulus-like Sludgebelcher that create more oozes during combat, and explode into oozes upon death. And for general sustained damage, you still have skeletal minions at your disposal. The pools apply and refresh poison/plague DoTs, and some types can empower minion damage or cause other effects (armor debuff, slows, etc).

It'd be a very different style that isn't your typical rotation-based gameplay, and the zoning properties could be very effective in PVP battlegrounds where you can limit the movements of the enemy. The rotational gameplay would be based on upkeeping your application of blight and making sure positioning is correct to maximize your damage; boss fights where there is a lot of movement could require you to use more oozes and sprays rather while the blight cauldrons could be large area effect and stationary, but great for AoE (like Starfall). Skeletons could be modified to be upgraded to plague spreading ghouls, and eventually you could summon giant spiders or the like too. These are all things that are themed straight out of the Plague, Construct and Spider wings of Naxxramas.
    Sounds like a great way to cause other people in your party to lag like crazy from all the crap you’re putting in the screen.

Instead of just tossing out DOT's on rotation, you'd throw a flask, use a chemical sprayer, launch blight bombs or summon a cauldron that causes pools of plague (or clouds of gas) to spread on the ground, applying poison DoTs as long as the pools last. On top of that you can summon swarms of spider minions that poison enemies (similar to Witchdoctor's Corpse Spider ability from HotS) and oozes that trail enemies and explode into small pools of the same blight. Larger minions could include a Grobulus-like Sludgebelcher that create more oozes during combat, and explode into oozes upon death. And for general sustained damage, you still have skeletal minions at your disposal. The pools apply and refresh poison/plague DoTs, and some types can empower minion damage or cause other effects (armor debuff, slows, etc).

It'd be a very different style that isn't your typical rotation-based gameplay, and the zoning properties could be very effective in PVP battlegrounds where you can limit the movements of the enemy. The rotational gameplay would be based on upkeeping your application of blight and making sure positioning is correct to maximize your damage; boss fights where there is a lot of movement could require you to use more oozes and sprays rather while the blight cauldrons could be large area effect and stationary, but great for AoE (like Starfall). Skeletons could be modified to be upgraded to plague spreading ghouls, and eventually you could summon giant spiders or the like too. These are all things that are themed straight out of the Plague, Construct and Spider wings of Naxxramas.
    Necromancers could use other elements of the scourge not represented by Death Knights (who have San'layn for blood, Frostwyrms for frost and Plague/Undead for Unholy)

Necromancers using things like Nerubians (who only really have unholy blight as representation in the DK class), Constructs and Liches as inspiration could be an avenue that could work, the main issue is what gameplay would then derive those inspirations and how they could be made different from already existing specs that use those gameplays.

10+ Year Old Account
    That "stationary threat dump" already exists on Brewmasters talent choices (Summon Black Ox Statue) even then it's more of an AOE pulling tool (by casting provoke on the statue) or a way to pull extra threat off others not as a primary tanking tool.

Once again it would be impossible to balance unless the Tinker tank could reposition it constantly since a large number of basic tanking mechanics involve kiting and repositioning the boss, it's why pet tanks don't work it would require constant micromanagement. Seriously imagine this concept on the N'zoth fight where the Tinker would literally have to move it's decoy every second to make sure the add was near the tentacles when they die in phase one or any other fight where theres a phase involving high mobility mechanic (say a boss rains down fire over the entire raid area) it would be impossible for a Tinker to simultaneously move it's decoy, maintain threat on the boss with the decoy while also keeping both itself and the decoy mobile to avoid the raid mechanics.
    Yeah, that’s a good point. I could imagine that being a huge cluster——- for someone to deal with. There has to be way to make it possible though.

Sounds like a great way to cause other people in your party to lag like crazy from all the crap you’re putting in the screen.
    You can always turn your FX settings down if your computer can't handle it.

Pretty sure other players effects are already greatly reduced on our screen - what we see is not what everyone else sees. I could be wrong, but im pretty sure thats the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then what’s the point? The entire attraction of a spec like that is to see your swarms of minions attack.

That said, nothing you mentioned is really out of line with what the DK does outside of swarm intensity.

Yeah, that’s a good point. I could imagine that being a huge cluster——- for someone to deal with. There has to be way to make it possible though.
    Not really a way, even if it's given pet AI and made semi-independent, Pet AI isn't smart enough to preform Tanking mechanics on it's own and would require constant repositioning, and you can't exactly tune the AI to know/preform the mechanics on it's own.

Only "tinker tank" i can imagine is a mech based tank and that would be mechanically too similar to Guardian druids (caster/ranged form and a tanking form, with the tanking form giving more stats/new abilities), i suppose you could make it less freely able to move between forms (no instant switching) but druids are built around the concept of switching forms and have things like affinity talents to allow off roles (caster form healing, moonkin ranged dps, feral melee dps) not sure what the hypothetical Tinker "caster form" could do maybe D'VA esque where they become a weaker version of themselves if they're mech is destroyed/self destructed and can still tank but only on the level of a offtank until they get their mech form back. although that wouldn't work well since if a normal tank dies they can be combat rezzed and return to normal tanking, if this hypothetical tinker gets brought out of their mech and dies they can't combat rezzed back to full strength.

I suppose it could just be that combat rezzing resets the cooldown on a call mech ability but that would create the issue of Tinker Tanks deliberately dying to get combat rezzed back to full strength instead of engaging with whatever mechanics would allow them to get their mech back in their own kits.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-02 at 11:29 PM.

It's a game, at the end of the day how it would be implimented as a gameplay mechanic is what matters, Poison, Plague and Disease are obviously different things but all derive the same gameplay concept (Damage over time/debuffs) which we already have in represented in game by Assassination Rogues, Affliction Warlocks and Unholy DK's unless the "poison necromancer" brings an entirely new gameplay to the concept of Damage over Time/Debuff effects they would be entirely redundant outside of visual differences (being poisoncasters/venomancers)
    Gameplay and lore differ. Druidic magic, nature magic, and poisons are vastly different than one-another in the lore, and yet they are all under the same "nature damage type" mechanic. Void magic, fel magic and necromancy are also vastly different than one-another in the lore, and yet they are all under the same "shadow damage type" mechanic.

Weren't you arguing earlier in the thread that themes aren't enough to bring new gameplay a Venomancer theme/visual doesn't inherently bring new gameplay especially since it's gameplay archetype (ranged, DoT based caster) is already represented by Affliction Warlocks and parts of Unholy Death Knight's (Outbreak and Epidemic).
    That argument of mine is against the claim that themes, on their own, bring "unique gameplay". I.e. gameplay that cannot be replicated by any other theme. Also, I never argued that themes or even 'gameplay archetypes' have to be 100% unique. Hunters, for example, have the "multi-minions" archetype that is shared by warlocks and death knights. Priests share the "ranged, dot-based caster" that the warlocks have. Monks, rogue and death knights share the "agile fighter" archetype.

Once again it would be impossible to balance unless the Tinker tank could reposition it constantly since a large number of basic tanking mechanics involve kiting and repositioning the boss, it's why pet tanks don't work it would require constant micromanagement.
    Bosses also are programmed to ignore pets, and also many bosses are stationary and will attack only what's in melee range. So if a ranged tank stays outside the boss' melee range, that boss is going to attack the DPS.

Then what’s the point? The entire attraction of a spec like that is to see your swarms of minions attack.

That said, nothing you mentioned is really out of line with what the DK does outside of swarm intensity.
    The point? You brought up a problem that you have lag. I offered a solution.

I mean I could also say get a new computer? This doesn't really have anything to do with it being less attractive if your problem is your computer can't handle the effects that Warcraft already uses for raids and world PVP. 12 Death Knights all popping Army at the same time also lags the game, and I've seen it first hand in Wrath on the Kologarn fight. It was co-ordinated for everyone to pop it and it got so laggy that it was insta-wipe, and everyone laughed it off. Since then WoW has incorporated tech that limits what is displayed on screen for instances like this. It's a non issue.

And what does Death Knight swarm intensity have to do with anything? I don't follow. The Blight spec wouldn't need tons of minions, I didn't propose it as the minion spec. In my mind, all specs of a Necromancer would have skeleton summoning, but the specs would specialize in different aspects of damage dealing. Blight specializes in spreading plague, specialized plague/poison minions like oozes, constructs and spiders, and using it to zone.

Just like the DK doesn't have minions in every spec. They only really have minions in Unholy spec. The Necromancer would be somewhat of the inverse where their Unholy spec would be based on plagues and DoTs with minions as utility and support while a Shadowfrost or an Anima/Blood spec could focus more on the minion style gameplay.

Besides, how would this be any different than having multiple turrets, lots of rockets, a pocket factory with clockwerk goblins spawning etc. That's all screen clutter too, right?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2020-12-02 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    no necromancer wants to become undead. they want control undead minions.
    the whole point of a necromancer is to raise undead minions and spread dieses.
    the only thing i agree on is that it could have a healing spec
    "Necromancers are spellcasters whose magics manipulate the power of death. In calling upon this power, necromancers risk being consumed by it — until eventually they join the ranks of the undead. Commanding the undead, generally in the service of the Scourge, they gradually take on the characteristics of the dead — hollow eyes, shambling gaits, pallid and sunken skin, foul odors and so forth."

Frankly there seems to be an trend of players wanting a new class every time an NPC does a single unique thing we can't do or players want an absurdly specific archetype that already exists but doesn't fit it 100% exactly what they want so it needs to become an entire class in of itself.

Unholy DK's do basically everything a Necromancer would do as a gameplay archetype (Pets, Dots, temporary pets, empowering pets) they have an undead pet, abilities that summon more pets, abilities that empower their pets, they conjure diseases and festering wounds but because they aren't a ranged cloth spellcaster we 100% need a necromancer class to fulfill that overly specific niche, even stuff like Blood Healer spec is just what Blood DK's do with extra steps (instead of siphoning life to sustain youself you're siphoning life to heal you allies real real huge difference there guys 100% new concept original class.)

Wardens per their warcraft 3 abilities are just rogues they have fan of knives, they use poison, shadowstep is a blink, both spirit of vengeance and shadow technique create a shadow clone, the only unqiue thing wardens have left is that they wear plate which could easily just be a cosmetic transmog set.

Sylvanas & Dark Rangers are defined in game as hunters Dark Rangers show up in the Hunter Class Hall just because they show a handful of unique abilities doesn't make them an entirely seperate concept, Sylvanas unique abilities don't even come from being a "Dark Ranger" they come from her nature as a Banshee/Her pact with the Jailor. play a Forsaken/Blood Elf hunter, wear a dark transmog, get an undead pet and play marksman hunter and you've accomplished majority of what having a Dark Ranger class would be both in gameplay and design.

Sylvanas & Dark Rangers aren't even unique in this regard Tyrande is a Priest/Hunter/Balance Druid multiclass, Anduin is a priest in plate armor and using a sword, Thrall wore plate armor, Tidesages are Priest/Mage/Shamans and there are numerous other examples of npc's not following the exact classes we have available. If it doesn't fulfill a missing overall archetype (in gameplay or thematic design) we really don't need another class (and we probably won't get anymore classes since there honestly aren't any missing archetypes at this point that aren't redundant in some form).
    Wardens use the Mage's spell Blink, not the Rogue's Shadowstep. The Warden's Avatar of Vengeance Creates a powerful avatar that summons invulnerable spirits from friendly corpses to attack your enemies. The Avatar casts Spirit of Vengeance, which raises an invulnerable feral spirit from the corpses of fallen units. do Rogues also use Vault of the Wardens (Leap into the air, becoming immune to all hostile effects)? do Rogues use Umbral Bind (tethering an enemy and pulling it towards the warden if it moves too far)? do Rogues use Containment Disc (throwing a glaive)? do Rogues use Warden's cage (cages an enemy)? do Rogues use Shadow Orb: Vengeance/Huntress/Shadow Strike? do Rogues wield Umbral Crescents? are Rogues described as jailers, seeking out justice, hunting down criminals and imprisoning them?

Are Hunters using Necromancy? do Hunters use Life Drain (draining the life of their targets)? do Hunters use Charm/Mind Control (taking control of an enemy)? do Hunters use shadowy daggers? Sylvanas is not the only one to use abilities associated with Banshees. Wailing Arrow, a shot imbued with a Banshee's wail, is used by several Dark Ranger NPCs.

That's why i suggest adding Tyrande's Priestess of the Moon, as well, alongside the Dark Ranger and Sea Witch.

Saying there's nothing unique about them is like saying Demon Hunters are just Rogues with a Warlock's Metamorphosis, and therefore, should never have been added to the game - as they offer nothing new that the Rogue or Warlock didn't already offer in gameplay and thematics.

Saying there won't be another class is the redundant thing. you really think Blizzard will just give up on their most sellable feature of an expansion? There are missing archetypes, most notably the Tinker and Alchemist. as well as the Shadow Hunter, Blademaster, Warden, Dark Ranger/Priestess of the Moon/Sea Witch.

As for the Necromancer:

Ta Da! an Apothecary specialization within an Alchemist class. now, everyone can be happy.