Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I think you are confusing cutting costs with laziness. On account of the fact that nobody has ever cancelled their sub or wrote a negative review about the game because of reused models and animations. Every time Blizzard updates new models people throw a shit fit about how it doesn't 'feel the same' so I don't blame them for keeping Dragons looking the same forever.

Laziness is the first and third WOTLK raid tiers. Naxx being reused out of the Vanilla box as the 1st raid tier, and then the Trial of the Crusader tier, were peak laziness in my books.
    I object to ToGC being called "lazy" - the encounters were good, and I really liked the overall setting and surrounding story and gameplay, as well as linking it with a 5man. It was an experiment, and although some at the time said it was lazy, many, myself included, look back on it very fondly. Naxx was different again - they no doubt spent a LOT of time and resources putting naxx together, only for less than 10% of the players to even see it. I can completely understand why they wanted to give it the glory it deserved, and I really enjoyed it. Although myself and a couple of guildies had done it before, it was new for many in our new guild, which formed in TBC. They had a blast, and we had a blast "showing" it to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Way to COMPLETELY dodge the issue - why bother replying if you are not going to address the points raised?

Imps are entirely different - you know why? They they follow the player, and they are not contributing the bulk of the players dps - this is something you have said about your totems - they deal a substantial component of the players dps - otherwise why on earth would a player spend all this time running around micromanaging them and wasting globals "upgrading" the turret?
    Are they contributing a significant part of their DPS though? If they are that goes against your notion that Blizzard has some issue with passive damage. I highly doubt that 6-8 imps lobbing fireballs at my primary target aren't passively contributing a significant amount of DPS for me.

You still fail to address the points raised - are they a major part of the players overall dps? (you have previously said yes) and if yes, what happens when you have spent all this time micromanaging them and "upgrading" them when you are yanked off to a new platform? Just start ramping up all over again?
    What a bout an encounter where you have to swap in and out of different phases?
    What happens when you have to go through a portal to the other side of the room / different platform?
    What happens during a boss encounter in a large room where the boss is moved around a lot?
    I don't remember what I said in regards to the amount of the overall DPS it should contribute, but it should be significant, like Imps within the demonology spec. As for the situations you mentioned, that seems like a case of cool down manage like any other class.

I do think the Tinker should have an ability that allows them to drop a pre-arranged array of turrets at once, like what the Shaman class had with their totems back in the day.

These are all extremely common scenarios. The way you present the totem as something you plonk down, then spend a lot of time maintaining and "upgrading" them - how does that work in M+? You would never get a chance to upgrade them. What about PvP where you are darting from flag to flag, pillar to pillar - you think ppl will get to a flag, drop their totem, gather some scrap, start upgrading it - oops, flags gone and everyones moved on.
    They're turrets, not totems. As for the upgrade, that should just be a CD you press. What? You thought it was going to be like that character from Overwatch who sits behind their turret and hammers it into an upgrade? No, it should be a CD that you can press and it will automatically upgrade your totems for a relatively short duration.

The only way it works is if it is a short duration CD, and you pick the right totem for the right task, or, if it is a mechanical pet that follows you around and can be changed into different "modes" (stances). But then you have just taken stuff from other classes. In your pursuit of trying to ensure that it doest encroach on any other spec, you have lost sight of making sure its functional and usable in the current game.
    What??

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Are they contributing a significant part of their DPS though? If they are that goes against your notion that Blizzard has some issue with passive damage. I highly doubt that 6-8 imps lobbing fireballs at my primary target aren't passively contributing a significant amount of DPS for me.

I don't remember what I said in regards to the amount of the overall DPS it should contribute, but it should be significant, like Imps within the demonology spec. As for the situations you mentioned, that seems like a case of cool down manage like any other class.

I do think the Tinker should have an ability that allows them to drop a pre-arranged array of turrets at once, like what the Shaman class had with their totems back in the day.

They're turrets, not totems. As for the upgrade, that should just be a CD you press. What? You thought it was going to be like that character from Overwatch who sits behind their turret and hammers it into an upgrade? No, it should be a CD that you can press and it will automatically upgrade your totems for a relatively short duration.

What??
    Why are you bothering to reply if you are a) not going to read what you are replying to (i answered your first question in the post you replied to....) and b) not going to actually address the question I keep asking:

What happens with transitions and teleportation / phase changes. You have said it is a major component of the players dps, which means it is absolutely mandatory that it has 100% uptime or as close as possible.

Interesting that you are now saying the "upgrade" will now just be a button press that increases output for a short duration - exactly like barbed shot - something you said this was nothing like.

You have painted yourself into a corner - You are saying it deals a significant portion of overall dps - but its static, doesnt move, and needs to be upgraded. I will ask you one more time - what happens when you have upgraded your turret (remember, you initially said you didnt just "buff" your totems, but upgraded them over time), and now you get thrown into a new encounter room and have to relocate?

I have asked you this same question multiple time sand you have avoided it like the plague - what happens in the scenarios i mentioned? Massive boss room with boss repositioning, phase changes, platforms - what happens when you have to swap to a platform? What happens during a gauntlet? Your totem cant come with you, so.....you just deal "significantly" less damage during those encounters?

And i say again - Blizzard WILL NOT introduce a class with a totem that sits there dealing a significant amount of dps passively, and the players dont want a spec where they have to run around micromanaging totems instead of actually playing their character.

I never said it was a stretch, I'm just saying it's rather lame. You might as well have the character flick their scales at their enemies.

I'll reiterate; Why are we looking for a concept outside of WoW when we have a concept within WoW?
    why be a glorified engineer
    look at me placing my little gun next to me and tossing those same grenades that weve had in for a decade

i prefer the magic firebreathing champion of the dragons

Managing totem =/= Managing turrets
    In your opinion. And either way, the "managing" mechanic could easily just be returned to the shaman class and made more meaningful. Like the demonology warlock's original mechanics.

Feel free to visit the Shaman forums yourself.
    You mean the shaman forums that no longer exist after Blizzard has remade their forum code?

Also, Blizzard is not going to restore the old totem system.
    They can restore the old totem system just as easily and just as likely as they are to return the Black Arrow ability to the hunter.

And even if it did, that system isn't anywhere near similar to the turret system shown in HotS.
    As mentioned above: it could be given back then tweaked to make it more meaningful, giving the shaman a greater focus on the totems.

Again, a monster coming out of a totem isn't the same as your turret constructing two additional barrels and shooting 2 additional targets.
    You're missing the point: the "upgrade" mechanic is the same. It's giving the target a different graphic, greater hp/damage, and new abilities.

Again, the ability that that passive is attached to already exists in WoW.
    Link it. Link to said passive.

Yeah, again when something attacks a mob, the mob will attack the attacker until it dies.

In the case of a raid, you would obviously position your turrets so that they will hit the boss.
    Again: are you implying that the dungeon/raid boss will ignore the tank and attack the turret? Because unless you are, then your argument is meaningless, because, and I'll repeat again: fights with heavy boss movement like Kael'Thas, Sire Denathrius, Shriekwing and Sludgefist mean the boss will almost constantly be pulled away from those totems. Meaning your tinker will have to often reposition their turrets, which is your point of contention against shamans having to reposition THEIR totems.

Why you want to belabor this meaningless point, I have no idea.
    Because you are constantly missing the point. Whether intentionally or accidentally, I'll keep my guesses to myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to compliment this, going to add some boss fight examples that I remember off the top of my head:
    You still fail to address the points raised - are they a major part of the players overall dps? (you have previously said yes) and if yes, what happens when you have spent all this time micromanaging them and "upgrading" them when you are yanked off to a new platform? (Sire Denathrius) Just start ramping up all over again?
    What a bout an encounter where you have to swap in and out of different phases? (Garrosh)
    What happens when you have to go through a portal to the other side of the room / different platform? (Sire Denathrius)
    What happens during a boss encounter in a large room where the boss is moved around a lot? (Kael'thas, Shriekwing and Sludgefist)

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Just to compliment this, going to add some boss fight examples that I remember off the top of my head:
    Thanks, i didnt bother mentioning specific examples purely because they are SO COMMON now - i cant think of a single raid without multiple fights that would pose a serious issue for the totem.

So one "solution" is to give these totems an extremely long range - and this creates a HUGE problem in pvp - set and forget dps cutting off a large part of the room - imagine arena, omg what a mess.

Another solution is to have them follow you - congrats, those are called hunter/warlock pets.

And the third is to have them deal minor damage - but then why even bother upgrading and buffing, sorry, "upgrading" them?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2021-02-17 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you bothering to reply if you are a) not going to read what you are replying to (i answered your first question in the post you replied to....) and b) not going to actually address the question I keep asking:

What happens with transitions and teleportation / phase changes. You have said it is a major component of the players dps, which means it is absolutely mandatory that it has 100% uptime or as close as possible.

Interesting that you are now saying the "upgrade" will now just be a button press that increases output for a short duration - exactly like barbed shot - something you said this was nothing like.
    And it isn't. Barbed Shot is just a straight damage increase, while the upgrade could be a damage increase but also could provide utility, like slowing an attacker's movement or attack speed or reducing the amount of damage the Tinker takes.

You have painted yourself into a corner - You are saying it deals a significant portion of overall dps - but its static, doesnt move, and needs to be upgraded. I will ask you one more time - what happens when you have upgraded your turret (remember, you initially said you didnt just "buff" your totems, but upgraded them over time), and now you get thrown into a new encounter room and have to relocate?
    Again, that would come down to management of your CDs, just like any other class.

I have asked you this same question multiple time sand you have avoided it like the plague - what happens in the scenarios i mentioned? Massive boss room with boss repositioning, phase changes, platforms - what happens when you have to swap to a platform? What happens during a gauntlet? Your totem cant come with you, so.....you just deal "significantly" less damage during those encounters?
    Or you simply unsummon your turrets and resummon them in the next room/platform/phase/etc.

And i say again - Blizzard WILL NOT introduce a class with a totem that sits there dealing a significant amount of dps passively, and the players dont want a spec where they have to run around micromanaging totems instead of actually playing their character.
    Again, like Demonology and it's imps?

- - - Updated - - -

In your opinion. And either way, the "managing" mechanic could easily just be returned to the shaman class and made more meaningful. Like the demonology warlock's original mechanics.
    How exactly is managing multiple buff totems the same as managing turrets that all shoot at targets?

You mean the shaman forums that no longer exist after Blizzard has remade their forum code?
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ses/shaman/184
    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...sses/shaman/40

Nope, these forums...

They can restore the old totem system just as easily and just as likely as they are to return the Black Arrow ability to the hunter.
    Black Arrow is far more likely to make a return in the Hunter class than Blizzard completely reverting Shaman back to the old totem system.

You're missing the point: the "upgrade" mechanic is the same. It's giving the target a different graphic, greater hp/damage, and new abilities.
    Yeah, except it isn't. Not only are you talking about a permanent talent, you're once again talking about a monster you summon.

A tinker upgrading a turret would be like you pressing a CD and for 8 seconds your turret shoots gravity bombs that slow a target's movement speed, or for X seconds the turret copies your Deth Lazor ability.

Link it. Link to said passive.
    Read it again. I said the ability exists in WoW, so it would make little sense for the passives for said ability to not be brought over from HotS.

Again: are you implying that the dungeon/raid boss will ignore the tank and attack the turret?
    I never implied that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    why be a glorified engineer
    look at me placing my little gun next to me and tossing those same grenades that weve had in for a decade

i prefer the magic firebreathing champion of the dragons
    You mean like a Mage, a Monk, or a Death Knight? They all can breathe fire, so that ability isn't all that original.

Warlocks used to be able to breathe Demon fire, but it was sadly removed.

heh, if you think that's bad, you should see his idea for Tinker Ranged Tanking spec that has a separate vehicle lifebar.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-02-17 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    heh, if you think that's bad, you should see his idea for Tinker Ranged Tanking spec that has a separate vehicle lifebar.
    Ah yes, ranged tanking. Only a problem when it's suggested for Tinkers.

What's wrong with an eject button that allows the Tinker to escape death when their mech is destroyed?

What's wrong with an eject button that allows the Tinker to escape death when their mech is destroyed?
    So are healers healing the Mech or the little dude inside who isn't taking damage?

How exactly is managing multiple buff totems the same as managing turrets that all shoot at targets?
    And those would be different... how? It's still you having to figure out good positioning for those turrets/totems, making sure they're in range of your targets, and that there's no line of sight issue, etc.

This is amazing. This is once again evidence of how you're full of shit when people ask you about evidence for your claims and you just say "go look for it yourself".

That said, those links are for the new forums. I was talking about how the entire forum backlog was wiped out when the new forum was put in place. In other words: those threads you claim exist... cannot be shown to have existed.

Black Arrow is far more likely to make a return in the Hunter class than Blizzard completely reverting Shaman back to the old totem system.
    In your opinion. We have a history of Blizzard completely reworking three specs in the game: the rogue's old Combat (now Outlaw) spec, the warlock's Demonology spec, and the hunter's Survival spec. I have no doubt it's very well within Blizzard's possibilities, and I'd even go as far as say it's likely, that we'll see at least one of the shaman's specs be reworked to play with totems in a more meaningful way.

Yeah, except it isn't. Not only are you talking about a permanent talent, you're once again talking about a monster you summon.
    And all that is irrelevant, because we're talking about the mechanic. What mechanic? The "empower" mechanic, and by "empowering" I meant the mechanic of giving the target a new graphic, increased hp/damage, and new abilities. Exactly like you claim would happen to your turrets. The shaman talent being permanent is meaningless because giving a time duration is quite easy.

A tinker upgrading a turret would be like you pressing a CD and for 8 seconds your turret shoots gravity bombs that slow a target's movement speed, or for X seconds the turret copies your Deth Lazor ability.
    Making up shit that doesn't exist in WoW to use as examples? Funny how you would immediately start demanding "WHERE IS THAT ABILITY IN WOW!?" the moment we tried to do the same for other class concept.

Read it again. I said the ability exists in WoW, so it would make little sense for the passives for said ability to not be brought over from HotS.
    In other words, those passives do not exist and you're making shit up. By that same reasoning I can say: "totems exist, so the passives to upgrade them could be created for the shaman.

I never implied that.
    Then address the argument:
    I'll repeat again: fights with heavy boss movement like Kael'Thas, Sire Denathrius, Shriekwing and Sludgefist mean the boss will almost constantly be pulled away from those totems. Meaning your tinker will have to often reposition their turrets, which is your point of contention against shamans having to reposition THEIR totems.
    - - - Updated - - -

It's a problem when suggested to all classes. You're playing the victim, now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So are healers healing the Mech or the little dude inside who isn't taking damage?
    While inside the mech the Tinker and the mech have the same life bar. When the Tinker ejects he'll be at 10-20% health.

- - - Updated - - -

And those would be different... how? It's still you having to figure out good positioning for those turrets/totems, making sure they're in range of your targets, and that there's no line of sight issue, etc.
    Because buffing allies isn't the same as dealing damage. For example if you were an elemental shaman you had to choose between Flametongue totem which increased your spell damage, or Searing totem that was a turret, or some other fire totem that pulsed AoE damage. And that's just the fire totems. With turrets you're just dropping turrets and making them attack targets.

This is amazing. This is once again evidence of how you're full of shit when people ask you about evidence for your claims and you just say "go look for it yourself".

That said, those links are for the new forums. I was talking about how the entire forum backlog was wiped out when the new forum was put in place. In other words: those threads you claim exist... cannot be shown to have existed.
    I thought the point was that NO ONE is aching to return to the old buff totem system, which is why Blizzard will never revert Shaman back to that style of gameplay. Wouldn't the new forums show that NO current shaman player is begging Blizzard to bring the old system back?

In your opinion. We have a history of Blizzard completely reworking three specs in the game: the rogue's old Combat (now Outlaw) spec, the warlock's Demonology spec, and the hunter's Survival spec. I have no doubt it's very well within Blizzard's possibilities, and I'd even go as far as say it's likely, that we'll see at least one of the shaman's specs be reworked to play with totems in a more meaningful way.
    All of those specs were reworked towards NEW styles of gameplay. They weren't a return to older forms of gameplay. Even Demonology played nothing like it did prior to MoP.

And all that is irrelevant...
    No, that's the entire point.

Making up shit that doesn't exist in WoW to use as examples? Funny how you would immediately start demanding "WHERE IS THAT ABILITY IN WOW!?" the moment we tried to do the same for other class concept.
    How is using HotS ability examples "making up shit" when we have a history of HotS abilities being added to WoW?

In other words, those passives do not exist and you're making shit up. By that same reasoning I can say: "totems exist, so the passives to upgrade them could be created for the shaman.
    See above.

Then address the argument:
    I did multiple times already.

Because buffing allies isn't the same as dealing damage.
    The issue is about "being in range", therefore it doesn't matter if it's being in range "to deal damage" or being in range "to buff" or being in range "to debuff".

For example if you were an elemental shaman you had to choose between Flametongue totem which increased your spell damage, or Searing totem that was a turret, or some other fire totem that pulsed AoE damage. And that's just the fire totems. With turrets you're just dropping turrets and making them attack targets.
    Congratulations. That is what "managing" means.

I thought the point was that NO ONE is aching to return to the old buff totem system,
    Of which you failed to prove your assertion.

Wouldn't the new forums show that NO current shaman player is begging Blizzard to bring the old system back?
    Tell me: how many people were "begging Blizzard" for the return of the old warlock demonology spec? And how many were "begging Blizzard" for a redesign of the rogue's Combat spec? And how many were "begging Blizzard" to make the hunter's Survival into a melee spec?

All of those specs were reworked towards NEW styles of gameplay. They weren't a return to older forms of gameplay.
    Except the demonology warlock. And still, I never said "old styles of gameplay". I specifically mentioned doing what Blizzard did to the demonology, which is returning the class, or one of the specs, to its roots, where totems were an important part, and improve on that.

Even Demonology played nothing like it did prior to MoP.
    Of course not. It now plays like it used to do before Wrath. Because the warlock had metamorphosis from Wrath to WoD.

No, that's the entire point.
    It's not, and I've explained that several times already. Timer (or lack thereof) is easily fixed. So is making an ability go from passive to active and vice-versa. The mechanic itself, i.e., 'upgrade', already exists in the shaman class. It also exists in the warlock class too, mind you.

How is using HotS ability examples "making up shit" when we have a history of HotS abilities being added to WoW?
    Because it's not WoW.

I did multiple times already.
    You haven't in a way that doesn't completely contradict your complaints about shamans having to constantly reposition their totems so their buffs and attacks were in range of their respective targets.

This thread is like a reverse circlejerk, where instead everyone punches each other in the face repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is about "being in range", therefore it doesn't matter if it's being in range "to deal damage" or being in range "to buff" or being in range "to debuff".

Congratulations. That is what "managing" means.
    Yeah, and it's different than managing turrets.

Of which you failed to prove your assertion.
    Feel free to find posts in the official Shaman forums where anyone is clamoring for a return of the old Shaman totem system.

Tell me: how many people were "begging Blizzard" for the return of the old warlock demonology spec? And how many were "begging Blizzard" for a redesign of the rogue's Combat spec? And how many were "begging Blizzard" to make the hunter's Survival into a melee spec?
    Don't know and don't care. None of those examples are relevant to what we're talking about here.

Except the demonology warlock. And still, I never said "old styles of gameplay". I specifically mentioned doing what Blizzard did to the demonology, which is returning the class, or one of the specs, to its roots, where totems were an important part, and improve on that.
    Except they didn't. Play demonology in classic and compare it to demonology now. The two are nothing alike. You can even move forward to TBC and WotLK. Again, current Demonology is nothing like those versions of Demonology either. They went back to the theme of demonology, not its mechanics. The reason Demonology veered off towards metamorphosis in the first place was because Blizzard was never able to capture the summoner aspect of the class until they changed their design focus. That didn't happen until Legion.

Of course not. It now plays like it used to do before Wrath. Because the warlock had metamorphosis from Wrath to WoD.
    Again, no it doesn't. There was never a point in classic or TBC for example where a Demonology Warlock had a Felguard and 6-8 imps surrounding them, while they were passively summoning a variety of demons.

It's not, and I've explained that several times already. Timer (or lack thereof) is easily fixed. So is making an ability go from passive to active and vice-versa. The mechanic itself, i.e., 'upgrade', already exists in the shaman class. It also exists in the warlock class too, mind you.
    Yeah, it doesn't. You're talking about completely different mechanics.

Because it's not WoW.
    No, it's just the source of multiple WoW abilities.....
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-02-18 at 12:20 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is like a reverse circlejerk, where instead everyone punches each other in the face repeatedly.
    not everyone, but one very same guy who in fact "Pure Evil".
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... It's just hurting my head at this point
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Yeah, and it's different than managing turrets.
    In your opinion. I see no difference.

Amusingly enough, it's kind of like you see no difference between a necromancer managing their minions and the death knight managing their minions and the warlock managing their minions. Imagine that.

/Feel free to find posts in the official Shaman forums where anyone is clamoring for a return of the old Shaman totem system.
    I'm sorry, but the burden of proof is on you who made the claim that nobody is asking for the return of shaman totems. Especially since I never made the claim that people WANT it. To the point that I even pointed out that people weren't asking for the remake of the rogue's old Combat spec, or the warlock's demonology spec.

Don't know and don't care. None of those examples are relevant to what we're talking about here.
    You should. Because they are very relevant ot what we're talking about here. You said that the old shaman totems are not returning because people aren't asking for it. To which I countered by asking how many people asked for the changes to the combat, demonology and survival specs. Because it's the same situation: Blizzard does not need people asking for it. Just like they don't need people asking for it to do ANYTHING in this game. Worse: they seem to often ignore "what people are asking for", considering you say Tinker is a popularly demanded class... and yet we haven't seen such a playable class in these 15+ years of WoW.

Except they didn't. Play demonology in classic and compare it to demonology now. The two are nothing alike. You can even move forward to TBC and WotLK. Again, current Demonology is nothing like those versions of Demonology either. They went back to the theme of demonology, not its mechanics. The reason Demonology veered off towards metamorphosis in the first place was because Blizzard was never able to capture the summoner aspect of the class until they changed their design focus. That didn't happen until Legion.
    I'll repeat what you ignored in my post, and emphasize the more important part:
    And still, I never said "old styles of gameplay". I specifically mentioned doing what Blizzard did to the demonology, which is returning the class, or one of the specs, to its roots, where totems were an important part, AND IMPROVE ON THAT.

Yeah, it doesn't. You're talking about completely different mechanics.
    It's the same mechanics. Their timers being different doesn't make them different.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your opinion. I see no difference.
    So you see no difference between dropping a totem that gives your party members Windfury and summoning 3-4 stationary robots that shoots at targets?

Amusingly enough, it's kind of like you see no difference between a necromancer managing their minions and the death knight managing their minions and the warlock managing their minions. Imagine that.
    You're correct, I see no difference between summoning and managing undead minions, and summoning and managing undead minions.

I'm sorry, but the burden of proof is on you who made the claim that nobody is asking for the return of shaman totems. Especially since I never made the claim that people WANT it.
    Yeah, and I already proved that no one wants it, so there's no reason for Blizzard to bring it back.

To the point that I even pointed out that people weren't asking for the remake of the rogue's old Combat spec, or the warlock's demonology spec.
    You do know that Shaman losing those buff totems and Searing totem was the very same class revamp in Legion that brought in the Rogue, Warlock, and Hunter revisions you're talking about right?

You should. Because they are very relevant ot what we're talking about here. You said that the old shaman totems are not returning because people aren't asking for it. To which I countered by asking how many people asked for the changes to the combat, demonology and survival specs. Because it's the same situation: Blizzard does not need people asking for it. Just like they don't need people asking for it to do ANYTHING in this game. Worse: they seem to often ignore "what people are asking for", considering you say Tinker is a popularly demanded class... and yet we haven't seen such a playable class in these 15+ years of WoW.
    Again see above. The Shaman lost buff and searing totems as part of that same revamp because they weren't working out and people didn't like them.

It's the same mechanics. Their timers being different doesn't make them different.
    Yeah I just checked on my Shaman, the elemental isn't even tied to a totem, you just outright summon an elemental.

That's not the same mechanic.

So you see no difference between dropping a totem that gives your party members Windfury and summoning 3-4 stationary robots that shoots at targets?
    I see no difference between dropping 3-4 stationary totems and 3-4 stationary turrets.

Yeah, and I already proved that no one wants it, so there's no reason for Blizzard to bring it back.
    Except you didn't prove that, at all. You just asserted yourself as being right. But, even if I granted you that, it begs the question: did anyone ask for the rework for the rogue's Combat spec? Did anyone ask for the rework on the warlock's Demonology spec? Did anyone ask for the hunter's Survival spec? I'll tell you: no one. And yet Blizzard did it, anyways, despite having no reason to do it, proving that your claim that Blizzard won't do it because people aren't asking for it is bogus.

You do know that Shaman losing those buff totems and Searing totem was the very same class revamp in Legion that brought in the Rogue, Warlock, and Hunter revisions you're talking about right?
    I fail to see the relevance.

The Shaman lost buff and searing totems as part of that same revamp because they weren't working out and people didn't like them.
    In your subjective opinion.