Page 5 of 338 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbrand View Post
    I'll start by saying it would be a bad idea and the 12 we have is plenty enough. No new classes or hero-classes would be fine with me. But what if they introduced a new one in a future expansion? What would it be? What other WoW-Lore characters can we look towards that would hint at a new class?

Again, I think it would be a bad idea to make anything new. But with that said, here are my 2 cents on 3 classes that I think could be feasible...
    Dragonsworn-
    armor: mail
    roles: tank, mdps, heal
    weapons: polearms, staff, 2handers
    story: a champion of the blackdragonflight as wrathion strengthens his order. As we close the Maw and leave the Shadowlands, we rebuild what was once great in azeroth. Wrathion chooses you as one of his dragonflight champions and allows you to share their knowledge, power, and abilities.

Druid of Nightmare-
    armor: mail (the new druid forms would be heavily armored)
    roles: tank, mdps, rdps
    weapons: *what reg.druids get*
    story: as the emerald dream gets corrupted continuously, you learn to control the corruption/dark forces, much like demon hunters and death knights. as a new hero class, you serve as a dark druid, with different/corrupted forms, and get your power from the dead, much like a warlock.

Spellbreaker-
    armor: cloth
    roles: tank, mdps, rdps
    weapons: swords and sheilds
    story: after shadowlands, the kirin tor has created a hero class in which they restore the balance between life and death with anti-magic. cloth wearing and shield bearing, you defend the line as we close the maw and restore balance to azeroth.

I looked at a few current MMO titles and this is what I found to form your opinions.
    Guild Wars calls their classes professions, but has same idea. Pretty sure we have all these in WoW already though.

Elder Scrolls has a few, but its obvious what their cournterparts would be in WoW-terms

Skyforge had a couple cool concepts

And heres a few Misc. Pics I found

The first two barely seem to fit even the concrpt of a class, the first is closer to a new race, so i'll not pay them further attention.

The third is more solid a choice as it has precedent in warcraft 3, though they are clearly heavily armored there. Add to that our encounters with the Nightborne "spellblades" and a class featuring an explicit mix of martial and magical could certainly work.

That said the case for tinkers is just absurdly strong compared to literally everything else, from past (wc 3) to recent (Mekkatorque & gallywix come to mind) to covering a thematic blind spot in the class roster and actually having a clear way to build a couple of speccs without needing to infringe on existing classes' mechanics and themes.

So yeah, if anything Tinker would make most sense to me and seems most likely, but personally i would really like to see a spell warrior/spellblade/spellbreaker/etc. sort of class in WoW, so my modest hopes are for that. ^^
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Tinker, the only concept that is unique in both gameplay and lore.

For me ideally it would be something that covers unexplored territory from a Class perspective with things such as Illusions, Astromancy(perhaps calling on the powers of certain planets, lowkey allowing blizz to recycle Azerite spell effects), a pure Void class, and of course Technology

Say what you will, Tech has always been a part of Azeroth since Warcraft 2, And to those who use the Engineer argument their are a few difference between a profession and a class(there's a difference between using tech and being a master of tech), and those who say Tinkers are a joke, well Blizz can absolutely make a serious concept from a joke, there is entire continent showing that

Class: DARK RANGER

Specs:
    1. Void
    2. Shadow

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post

Will Blizzard pretend for how long it never wanted to put Dark Rangers in the game ?? All because of a part of the angry base player of crying babies and that Blizzard fears a lot.

How do people make fake classes like this? Is there a template somewhere?

Also, why can Gnomes and Goblins be them?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also replace Worgen with Night Elf, since there's some Nelf Dark Rangers ingame now
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Lets try this again; is the new class "Hell knight" an actual thing?
    It's supposed to be available when Shadowlands gets released.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pfft
    ..next class is hell knight.
    /thread
    Leak said that new class starts with "D" , will of D is a sign of new era that gonna bring us new adventures.

So make your choice:
    1) Doom Knight
    2) Dread Knight
    3) Dragon Knight
    4) Devil Knight
    5) Dark Knight

OP, i hope we gonna get our Dark Ranger.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Leak said that new class starts with "D" , will of D is a sign of new era that gonna bring us new adventures.

So make your choice:
    1) Doom Knight
    2) Dread Knight
    3) Dragon Knight
    4) Devil Knight
    5) Dark Knight

OP, i hope we gonna get our Dark Ranger.
    Dinkers. It's gotta be the Dinker.

Anything but Tinker will be ok. Go level up engineering on a gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Dinkers. It's gotta be the Dinker.
    Everyone says Tinkers and Necromancers are taken by other existing specializations, but no one expects the Dark Tinker!

15+ Year Old Account
    My guess: Fart Master. Uses different fart and gas attacks to not only attack and overwhelm his enemies, but also as defensive deluge for his allies.

The gas stinks could produce an AOE CC and increase the movement speed of allies who take a whiff. He would be a ranged dps and healer. For ranged attacks he could spew vomit balls and a disease bolt and for heals, pungent, restorative fart wafts. He would have an ability called Atomic Flatulence that makes allies jump really high and have reduced gravity, it'd be like Bloodlust but for defense.

Whatever it is, it HAS to be ranged that wears mail. That's all I got.

This game needs more caster classes (or ranged classes..)

Just fucking give demonhunters a casterspec already. Call it Chaos-dh or something.

Give it a bunch of ranged versions of current abilities. Immolation cast on enemy target, eyebeam like illdans, barrage like a ground targeted one, demon bolt like the one we got when using the pvp talent etc.. Some offensive sigils?... it shoudlnt be that hard to make a casterspec based around the demontheme tbh... both archimonde and kil'jaeden has more spells than most classes...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Just fucking give demonhunters a casterspec already. Call it Chaos-dh or something.
    Wouldn't that be a....warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Geotaku21 View Post
    Since you guys want a Tinker class and some of you guys want a void type of class then why not a group of races that have survived in Void for decades by using the Void as a power source for their technology instead of implanting it in themselves. Void Tinkers can tank, heal, ranged dps. Their turrets can kinda act like hunter/lock pets as off-tanks/heals/dps.
    You mean Ethereals? Because that would be the way u could combine the two ideas together without having to introduce a new race at the same time as the class that goes with them. Its actually something I thought of before if we go with to try to satisfy people who want a darker class. Or u could just go down the titan technology route too since Order doesnt really have a class based around it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    This game needs more caster classes (or ranged classes..)

Give it a bunch of ranged versions of current abilities. Immolation cast on enemy target, eyebeam like illdans, barrage like a ground targeted one, demon bolt like the one we got when using the pvp talent etc.. Some offensive sigils?... it shoudlnt be that hard to make a casterspec based around the demontheme tbh... both archimonde and kil'jaeden has more spells than most classes...
    so a destro lock?

3+ Year Old Account
    It should be a mail class for obvious armor balance and if it were to use ranged weapons as well, it would be nice...

Yes.
    Tinker.
    Please.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Dark Ranger is the only logical and correct choice.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Bake alchemist and tinker into one class with ranged dps (tinker with guns and turrets), heal (alchemist) and tank (tinker with a big ol' suit like Mekkatorque). Make it Goblin and Gnome only.
    This. Don't think Tinker could work any other way.

Also make them wear mail.