Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can easily remain in a top 500 guild with or without picking the optimal covenant,so I'll pick whatever feels better to me

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm picking Kyrian on my Paladin, though Paladin is an alt so Idc about best performance.

Night Fae on Druid. Have every class ready and capped at 50 but I don't think i'll be playing an alt this expansion. If so, then probably Rogue/Venthyr.

I don't know who this quote belongs to, but it's sadly true

"Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

Anyone who is picking something other than Kyrian, or the people who pick Kyrian and then go Pelagos haven't realized what the current version of Kleia's Valiant Strikes does or what that means if your entire group has it.

Valiant Strikes
    You and your nearby party members' critical strikes grant you stacks of Valiant Strikes, up to 40. If a nearby party member drops below 50% health, you consume these stacks to heal them for 1% of their maximum health per stack.

That's 5% health recovered per 1 crit across your party members if everyone picks Kleia.

The Kyrian ability is so clunky and badly designed for Shadow Priests that I will pick either Venthyr or Necrolords, depending on which ability feels more fun.

I chose Kyrian a year ago for my paladin and Maldraxxus for my DK hasn't changed since.

I am going Necrolord on my Shaman personally, people can do whatever they want as Blizzard will quickly realize their mistake on having the class based abilities locked to covenants and decouple them all or nerf them to the point of uselessness

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'll probably just pick whichever one has the most fun ability, because nerfs and buffs are bound to happen and best becomes worst pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    According to researchers from Wowhead, the best covenant for the majority of class specs is Kyrian. I hear it's mainly because of Pelagos giving players a 3% versatility buff that is easy to keep up at all times during combat. It used to be 5% but even after being nerfed to 3% it still remains a very solid option for most specs. Will you be picking it? Seems inevitable that it's going to get nerfed and make everyone move over to the next, best covenant, and so on. I wish choosing covenant was only for cosmetics, mounts, pets, and quality of life bonuses.
    Nah fam, not only do I expect that Pelagos will be nerfed but most importantly I'm going Kyrian because the cosmetics will look sick on my Paladin and the spell for Prot looks sick. Will use same reasoning on my alts, DH will probs go Venthir and Shaman will chill with the flower people.

If that impacts my ability to pug shit then oh well, I prefer making my own groups anyway.

Venthyr or necrolord seems to be the picj for mage so no.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

15+ Year Old Account
    Goin for Ardenweald for Vengeance DH because well I like it
    Dunno tbh whats the best choice even.
    I will just pick w/e I want.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Going Necrolord on my hunter despite it seeming like the dead pick among them. The option of hanging out with Mograine, getting a sweet transmog and generally having a good time is far too sweet an option to miss out on.

Besides, there are 2 big rounds of balancing coming with the pre and post-raid tuning, which will likely nerf Kyrian to obliviion if it really is that dominant a choice. And even with that I imagine we are not far off covenants being tuned on a class-to-class if not spec-to-spec basis.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    So you wanted oversexualized female angels. Gotcha
    Really? You thought that was oversexualized?? For real? Wow they were fully clothed the pictures I posted. You must live in a third world country. Please don't push tyranny on me of what women should wear. That is our choice. Only one image showed a midriff and she is not even in a bikini, she is in plated armor. I wanted them to not look so blue and look more attractive yes.

I know this is bait, but let me humor you and take out the attractiveness. Why can't these girls have a statement headpiece at the least? Since Blizzard was set on sticking them in helms.

They didn't tho. They put in some lackluster looking helmet. Again I do genuinely believe it would've made all the difference in that zone. It was voted the least popular by the playerbase and covenant they are least likely going to join. There is a reason for this. Multiple ones.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2020-11-17 at 07:35 PM.

Kyrian for my shadow priest

Night Fae for my resto druid

Thats been my plan for awhile becasue i like those the best. bonus if they are meta.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I will go to Icy Veins.....Blood Mallet.....Wowhead.... and let them do my simming. Now since I have 27 toons to level from 50 to 60.... I will probably just park at the point of Covenant selection and move to the next toon. After a few weeks, then I will make my choices when the buffs and nerfs have hit Round 1. The classes/specs that are not fun or engaging (thinking of you Feral Druid) will just get the Covenants that remain as bad choices for the rest to fill out any pets/mounts/tmog/etc that can possibly be shared across the accounts.

I wouldn’t be too quick to pick a covenant and invest in it straight away. There is likely to be a massive shifting and reworking of the covenants once they see most people only choosing Kyrian and Pelagos. A number of buffs and nerds will come out shortly after launch and then other covenants will probably be better or on par to the Kyrian. I would give it a bit and then make a solid choice by moving to a new covenant once they stop making drastic changes

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    I don't quite understand. All covenant and all Soulbind got access to 2 DPS 2 Defs and 2 Utilities conduits.
    Pelagos got a mandatory DPS slot but there is a similar Soulbind in each covenant.
    As far as I know, the structure IS streamilined since early october (IIRC).

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/soul...pelagos/priest
    yet they aren't, for most Soulbinds the progression is broken at the bottom and you get to chose between a pair of traits at Renown 28 (which only leads to a specific final trait at renown 32) and for all of them the Potency Conduit is paired with some dps neutral trait, which leads to other Soulbinds having either :

a) 2 Potency Conduit and 1 DPS increasing trait or b)1 Potency Conduit and 2 DPS increasing traits, Pelagos on the other hand always has 2 of both (Let go of the Past - Veratility, Combat Meditation - mastery + 2 Potency Conduits)

for example if i go Venthyr and pick Nadjia the Mistblade if i grab the second potency conduit i'm forced to get Familiar Predicaments (decreases duration of interrupts and snares) while to pick Nadjia's second DPS increasing trait i have to pass on a potency conduit for either an endurance or finesse one

only 3 Soulbinds have that 'diamond shaped' tree (that ends in a single skill) and the 2 off them end/start with a survivability and a dps trait (Marileth and Dreamweaver) while Pegalos with 2 dps traits

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems rather pointless to pick based on numbers, especially at launch. 1-2 weeks, and the one producing biggest numbers might be something else entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't made up my mind yet. While I'll still min/max when it comes to talents, gear etc., I refuse to min/max when it comes to covenants.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. My Druid has been aiming for Night Fae ever since Shadowlands was announced and I see no reason to change that now.

I will have a Kyrian alt near the beginning, likely my Pally. Still deciding where to fit my Monk between Necrolords & Venthyr.