Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Shadowlands Pre-Patch Event - Scourge Invasion in Capital Cities

Shadowlands Pre-Patch Event - Scourge Invasion in Capital Cities
    One of the Shadowlands Pre-Patch Events is the Scourge Invasion in Capital Cities, where Zombies seek to infect players and turn them into ghouls. Once players are Infected they have 60 seconds to speak with an Argent Healer or they will be transformed into an Infectious Zombie.

Infectious Zombie Abilities:
    • Mangle! - Melee attack that applies a stackable 5% damage taken debuff.
    • Retch! - Ranged attack that spews bile on the ground, which deals damage and slows the movement speed.
    • Beckoning Groan - Beckon up to four zombies to help you.
    • Lurch! - Increase the movement speed of nearby zombies by 100% for 10 seconds.
    • Zombie Explosion! - Explosion that deals high damage and infects nearby players, killing you in the process.

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-08-12 at 02:36 PM.

I really hope there's a way to opt out of playing this Wrath event. It wasn't fun then and it won't be a second time.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, another zombie invasion.

I wonder, will I get the same kind of abuse for healing people?

Really? Can't they come up with something original?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I really hope there's a way to opt out of playing this Wrath event. It wasn't fun then and it won't be a second time.
    There is. Just don't go to the Capital cities.

this event was only in the first ten minutes fun.

after this all cities are no go areas for the rest of the pre-patch!

not really fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Really? Can't they come up with something original?
    a lot of people liked the zombie outbreak last time. it was also a very limited time thing that a good bit of players havent experienced yet. why the judgment and negativity?

15+ Year Old Account
    So original!
    My hopes are gone.

Awesome, I loved this event precisely because it was so disruptive. If I get infected I'm running straight to the AH

World Of Warcraft: Nostalgia Bait.

I have to say I had tremendous fun with this back in Wrath, infecting NPCs in low level areas, especially the flight master, then chasing down low level characters, but it would have been nice if they did something a little more original.

is this the event that gave a special set reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreammage View Post
    There is. Just don't go to the Capital cities.
    So I should be locked out of every city for a month or so for not enjoying one event? You can't just "not go" to them, they have pretty important uses.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Look at all the tears lmao just go to a different city ffs if you dont like it. I started mid wrath and missed the scourge event. I'm excited to be apart of it this time!

Everyone complaining when I personally enjoyed this the first time round and will enjoy it again a second It's a bit of dumb fun and doesn't stop you doing anything that can't be done else where if you don't want to participate

Oh no, the amount of whine from entitled assholes that their game is slightly interrupted for a few days

While I do always hope Blizzard comes up with something new to do, I am still looking forward to this. I started after WotLK had been out for a little while (people were still clearing Naxx) and I got to hear all kinds of stories about this event the first time.
    The only downside is that it is Capitol cities only, which I don’t think includes the new zones in BfA. What that could mean is just not many people will be in Org or SW for it to be as fun as it was the first time around.
    Oh well, I’m hoping to have fun messing around with it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least this time you can go to NPCs to get healed, and it doesn't rely on just players being nice.
    I wonder if being infected will give you immunity for a short while after its healed; It did the first time - which makes it very helpful. Get infected, get healed (this time by an NPC), and then be immune for the rest of the time you're in the capital.

But it is...ironic? weird timing? To not only semi-repeat an event they're famous for- but during a world wide pandemic? Really? Just...strange logic.