Poll: Should we wipe gold?

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    How is it a 50/50 split? People saying no is 52%. The other options are quite clearly a minority. And if you think people won't quit because things have been taken away from them for absolutely no reason then you're incredibly naive.
    The other 2 options is a form of economic limitation accounting for 48%. I would be VERY surprised if any of those "Yes! Wipe it all" would change their vote to "No! Don’t touch my gold" if that voting option was removed.

I'm sure people would quit, but you're making it out to be some extravagant number when you have no evidence. It's more than just that too - I know of people who won't play TBC if there isn't an economic limitation or fresh servers, myself included. It goes both ways.

My ideal world is have fresh servers and leave the classic -> TBC servers alone. I think this is what Blizzard will likely do. If they don't do fresh servers, then they missing a large target of their audience I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    As mentioned previously by a few people, this would be very detrimental to Blizzard's subs/profits imo. A lot of people would simply quit and never come back. I think the existing players that would carry on playing, far outweighs the new subscribers that would start playing in your example. A lot of the newer players will play regardless to give it a go. Whether they stay is another conversation, but the initial interest and boom will be there.
    if youre referring to the people that want to play classic and are forced into tbc, then yes, youre probably right. they would quit and never come back. otherwise no. this would leave options for people that played classic that want to play tbc, and options for people that didnt want to play classic but did want to play tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilhom View Post
    The other 2 options is a form of economic limitation accounting for 48%. I would be VERY surprised if any of those "Yes! Wipe it all" would change their vote to "No! Don’t touch my gold" if that voting option was removed.

I'm sure people would quit, but you're making it out to be some extravagant number when you have no evidence. It's more than just that too - I know of people who won't play TBC if there isn't an economic limitation or fresh servers, myself included. It goes both ways.
    I legitimately have no idea how you came to the conclusion that the first and third option are the same when they are incredibly different. I'd rather see people quit than see people get punished because other players are mad they have more gold than them.

I legitimately have no idea how you came to the conclusion that the first and third option are the same when they are incredibly different. I'd rather see people quit than see people get punished because other players are mad they have more gold than them.
    How can you not draw that conclusion?
    There's no chance Blizzard is wiping all gold, so let's remove that voting option. Where do you think those "Yes! Wipe it all" votes are gonna go to? You think they're gonna vote for the option that lets people keep 30k+ gold or the option that limits everyone to 1k/2k/whatever amount of gold? Come on now, I think you should know that.

How can you not draw that conclusion?
    There's no chance Blizzard is wiping all gold, so let's remove that voting option. Where do you think those "Yes! Wipe it all" votes are gonna go to? You think they're gonna vote for the option that lets people keep 30k+ gold or the option that limits everyone to 1k/2k/whatever amount of gold? Come on now, I think you should know that.
    It's not your business or any other player's how much gold another person has. If they didn't use botting or exploits for the gold they shouldn't have it taken away. Much like with stripping people entirely of gold, I'd quit if Blizzard decided to take away half of that gold. Because I'm paying $15 a month for the game so I should be allowed to keep anything I legitimately collected. Expecting people to lose their gold since other people are whining about them having that gold is so utterly entitled.

It's not your business or any other player's how much gold another person has. If they didn't use botting or exploits for the gold they shouldn't have it taken away. Much like with stripping people entirely of gold, I'd quit if Blizzard decided to take away half of that gold. Because I'm paying $15 a month for the game so I should be allowed to keep anything I legitimately collected. Expecting people to lose their gold since other people are whining about them having that gold is so utterly entitled.
    First of all, you aren’t losing a thing. It’s fairly obvious they will keep classic servers up. Your gold will stay on those characters. Blizzard never stated that classic tbc and classic vanilla even had to be tied to one another at all. Christ they even put a “level 58 character template” into a possible option for how it’s released.

Quit acting like this is something you were promised or even deserve at all.

I don't think you understand that some people aren't mad/whining that others have that much gold. Going back to the people that I know that have 30k+ gold and want fresh servers or economic limitations, it's not about "who has more" - It's about the overall health of the economy. If people are going in loaded with gold, have 8+ characters churning Primal Might and Tailoring cloth CDs, then the market is gonna be hyper inflated. Combine this with the fact that the world was designed with 3-4x less people on the realm in mind, the open world primals are gonna be highly contested and costly along with mining/herbing nodes. The state of the market will NOT be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    First of all, you aren’t losing a thing. It’s fairly obvious they will keep classic servers up. Your gold will stay on those characters. Blizzard never stated that classic tbc and classic vanilla even had to be tied to one another at all. Christ they even put a “level 58 character template” into a possible option for how it’s released.

Quit acting like this is something you were promised or even deserve at all.
    People deserve to keep what they worked for. Period. To say otherwise is asinine.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you understand that some people aren't mad/whining that others have that much gold. Going back to the people that I know that have 30k+ gold and want fresh servers or economic limitations, it's not about "who has more" - It's about the overall health of the economy. If people are going in loaded with gold, have 8+ characters churning Primal Might and Tailoring cloth CDs, then the market is gonna be hyper inflated. Combine this with the fact that the world was designed with 3-4x less people on the realm in mind, the open world primals are gonna be highly contested and costly along with mining/herbing nodes. The state of the market will NOT be good.
    Taking gold away will do NOTHING. Because people will just farm up the gold again. So once again, expecting them to lose their gold is both entitled as well as unneeded. All you're doing is keeping the economy stable for maybe a week. Then people will have piles of gold again like they did in classic.

People said Classic is going to have super hyper inflation in AQ patch. Yet here I am raid logging and buying consumables from AH under 100g each week and I get over 100g by clearing raids. If everyone has super massive amount of gold why can I still buy my weekly consumables with 100g?

People deserve to keep what they worked for. Period. To say otherwise is asinine.

- - - Updated - - -

Taking gold away will do NOTHING. Because people will just farm up the gold again. So once again, expecting them to lose their gold is both entitled as well as unneeded. All you're doing is keeping the economy stable for maybe a week. Then people will have piles of gold again like they did in classic.
    The fact that you think removing raw gold away from an economy will do "NOTHING" really tells me that you don't understand economics at all. I think I have to finish this discussion here.

Once again, it's not getting 'taken away' no matter what happens. You will have your gold in wow classic until the servers shut down. You were never promised the opportunity to bring your characters over to TBC in the first place. Accept this.

The fact that you think removing raw gold away from an economy will do "NOTHING" really tells me that you don't understand economics at all. I think I have to finish this discussion here.
    I'm pretty sure the only person who doesn't understand WoW economics is you. People had piles of gold within the first week or two of Classic. Removing raw gold will accomplish one thing and that's pissing off players that earned their gold. The gold farmers that keep playing will just farm up gold again like they did in Classic. So removing raw gold would only have a negative impact in the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be a fresh server launched 2 months before TBC. And two weeks before TBC there should be free transfer with gold caps and character caps from Classic servers to TBC server.

- - - Updated - - -

Taking away the gold will have a huge effect on putting everyone on equal footing. This isn't a normal expansion progression, Vanilla Classic will presumably persist and TBC Classic will be a new separate game. The economy in Vanilla is fucked due to botting, one would hope TBC has better measures to help protect against this (banning multi-boxing helps) and a fresh start, clean slate.

I'd be completely fine not carrying my Classic Vanilla char to TBC, it's a new game release as far as I'm concerned. Why do you care so much about the gold you made in Vanilla? I'm sure you can handle not carrying over your gold for the sake of not immediately dumping millions and millions of bot gold into the economy on day one.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I'm pretty sure the only person who doesn't understand WoW economics is you. People had piles of gold within the first week or two of Classic. Removing raw gold will accomplish one thing and that's pissing off players that earned their gold. The gold farmers that keep playing will just farm up gold again like they did in Classic. So removing raw gold would only have a negative impact in the playerbase.
    All of the excessive raw gold that was being farmed was almost strictly by mages. They have an AoE cap of 10 TBC. As of right now there is no known dungeons that prot paladins can actively AoE farm to generate mass amounts of raw gold. All of the known farming spots are in the open world so they will be contested.

Seeing how my gold obsessed friends had most of their fun in classic actually farming their gold and are all kinda bored now because farming even more gold than you can ever need isn't fun, I think it's a good idea to let everone start fresh again.

Starting from nothing to become super rich is one od the basic fantasy that makes rpgs fun. Taking that away just means one less reason to log in.
    It's like cheating in single player. It's fun for 5 minutes and then you get bored because there is nothing left to do.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

would like to keep me 30-40k gold ty

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Whether you vote yes or no, there are PLENTY of reasons to do so lmao
    No there is no reason to delete all the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Seeing how my gold obsessed friends had most of their fun in classic actually farming their gold and are all kinda bored now because farming even more gold than you can ever need isn't fun, I think it's a good idea to let everone start fresh again.

Starting from nothing to become super rich is one od the basic fantasy that makes rpgs fun. Taking that away just means one less reason to log in.
    It's like cheating in single player. It's fun for 5 minutes and then you get bored because there is nothing left to do.
    that applies to gear too but most for-wipe people only want to wipe gold and skip 61-70 and jump right into raiding with their t3
    wipe both or neither

This sounds like a second grader explaining why you shouldn’t take away all his Halloween candy lol. Absolutely not grasp on how this game works and just vengefully justifying something that will inevitably harm himself lol.