Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Something really cool you might have missed.

While I am definitely one of the players that is less than impressed with Blizz/Activision in recent years, I would say that after about a month, Shadowlands to me is at least better than BFA so far, which isn't saying much, but there is a lot to like about this xpac even if it comes with the now-too-common Blizzard laziness and greed.

Last night I experienced one of the great things that reminds why I still hang on and play. I didn't notice it until my THIRD toon leveling through the Shadowlands quest so I wanted to share it here so that if you missed it too, you can watch for it next time you level a toon.

In Ardenweald, when you do the quest where you play as Ysera attacking the Temple of Elune during Legion, killing all the waves of mobs before she ultimately dies, look closely. There is 1 mob that runs in at a point with the groups named just "Hero". Somehow the name stood out to me and I looked in closer since they were so tiny compared to the big dragon you are controlling, and they were wearing my transmog gear. It was MY CHARACTER. From Legion doing the quest to help put Ysera down. I killed them/me right as I realized it too late, lol.

Anyways, I just thought it was super cool that they added that and it is very easy to miss so I wanted to share. Merry Christmas.

Nice find. I love things like this

There's nothing lazy about the people working on this game. They do it out of passion and only a select few actually get rich, always those at the top. Corporate greed does not trickle down to the hard-working employees. It's like calling out Walmart by calling the cashier greedy.

And yes, I've noticed the passion of the devs throughout each and every expansion, even the one that was "lazy" for real in what it offered and how much was cut. WoD, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    There's nothing lazy about the people working on this game.
    I strongly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    I strongly disagree.
    You can disagree all you like. It's still a dumbass idea when the workers are the ones doing crunchtime and working their asses of for way less than they are worth and what the game earns in profits each quarter.

Pretty funny how you made a thread pointing out something they really didn't have to put in, yet you maintain that the developers are lazy.

You can disagree all you like. It's still a dumbass idea when the workers are the ones doing crunchtime and working their asses of for way less than they are worth.

Pretty funny how you made a thread pointing out something they really didn't have to put in, yet you maintain that the developers are lazy.
    Feel better now?

Nice find, and I agree that some aspects of the game are lazily developed compared to other areas.

You have to be delusional if you havent noticed it.

Feel better now?
    Not sure how I'd feel better from seeing blatant ignorance on display, but here we are. See my sig.

That was actually one of the first things I noticed while controlling Ysera. I wondered if I could kill ‘myself’..... and did so instantly:P

Not sure how I'd feel better from seeing blatant ignorance on display, but here we are. See my sig.
    Get it all off your chest, friend. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get it all off your chest, friend.
    You don't need to be condescending just because he brought up a point you disagree with, even more when you have no arguments.

I noticed it last time, too. And I noticed I killed three of them.

OP calls the developers lazy for literally everything else other than "my character is there in a quest".

I mean, I bet Shadowlands would be a massive failure without this one tiny easter egg in it, right?
    The whole expansion revolves around this single event afterall.

What did you expect as an answer from them?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You don't need to be condescending just because he brought up a point you disagree with, even more when you have no arguments.
    Didn't create the post to argue about that, and I am not going to, even though I have plenty of examples. And I am not being any more condescending than he was. I just respectfully disagreed with his assessment while he continues to shoot barbs at me. I made the post to state where I was coming from, and that in spite of that, I noticed something cool and wanted to share it. So if you want to talk about that cool I am here for you bro. Cheers.

Didn't create the post to argue about that, and I am not going to, even though I have plenty of examples. And I am not being any more condescending than he was. I just respectfully disagreed with his assessment while he continues to shoot barbs at me. I made the post to state where I was coming from, and that in spite of that, I noticed something cool and wanted to share it. So if you want to talk about that cool I am here for you bro. Cheers.
    So why did you include it in the thread then? Just to get reactions out of people?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

This thread is proof that some users on this forum get completely RABID as soon as they see someone critizise the game. Mind-boggling.

Its like those people actively look for things that trigger them so they can dismiss it in a salty post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly disagree.
    Lol you have a shitty opinion then, the work they put into WoW is still top end. They all deserve credit.
    And not only that Shadowlands might be the best expansion since WOTLK release.

BFA might been hated by most players, but it sure had good qualities too.
    Dev's try their best to improve the game and they have kept improving it over time, will fails and fixes. but they sure work hard to try to make the game better.
    Hence why WoW still dominates the MMORPG market after 16 years and not just by a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Baneto View Post
    This thread is proof that some users on this forum get completely RABID as soon as they see someone critizise the game. Mind-boggling.

Its like those people actively look for things that trigger them so they can dismiss it in a salty post.
    Yeah I am done with it. I literally just wanted to share that even though I have some gripes with the game and company right now, here is something cool. Stay Classy MMoChamp

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    That was actually one of the first things I noticed while controlling Ysera. I wondered if I could kill ‘myself’..... and did so instantly:P
    Haha exact same.

What i liked most in Ardenweald was not that, though its also ysera related, its how she perceived those around her in her memories when you were getting rid of the nasty ones, and they had those as their names, like dear friend, beloved and daughter, that was cool to me.

I don't really care what your sig says. They are extremely lazy, coming from somebody who works in game development, specifically in the mmo field. I guarantee you they have a larger team than what I work with and they take several months to not even finish lackluster content on an graphical engine that's been outdated for 12 years. Either the majority of the team is incompetent or they're lazy, flat and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.