Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    so explain me why every single pve raider have 3-4 226ilvl pvp items if it's not forced by blizzard? why every single competitive pve player multibox 3 char to make 1 hit on arena to farm cap of honor on first weeks etc? this cancer activity that everybody hates forced every time to people that hate it but can't ignore free top items...
    This is something exclusive to Top 200 raiders. Yes, it is a little bit dumb that PvP is the most efficient way to upgrade in the current climate but it's hardly "forced" as it has been in the past.

Imagine ignoring pvp in a game called world of WARcraft

m+15 - 210ivl
    spammable cancer pvp - 216
    spammable cancer lowrank pvp - 213

nice balance... if you like to do m+ - then go to cancer pvp to get gear for m+... why blizzard lost every single person who develop wow but this animal who force pvp to pve'rs is still alive...
    Infracted
    Unless your in a good raiding guild pushing mythic content then you dont need to gear up as fast, plus PvP gear doesnt have the greatest stats, your not forced to do anything its yourself that chooses to do the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    PvP is mostly irrelevant in WoW, its only a small part of the playerbase as the game is focused on PvE, the WAR is warcraft has nothing to do with PvP
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Imagine thinking pvp in wow is not shit
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

What makes you think the "war" in warcraft has something to do with pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    so explain me why every single pve raider have 3-4 226ilvl pvp items if it's not forced by blizzard? why every single competitive pve player multibox 3 char to make 1 hit on arena to farm cap of honor on first weeks etc? this cancer activity that everybody hates forced every time to people that hate it but can't ignore free top items...
    I’m a pve raider who never does pvp. I don’t have any 226 items. We do fine. I think you’re deeply exaggerating this, especially as this is far from the first expansion that everyone complains forces you into pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming WAR is delegated only to PVP.... Invalid argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think current PvP gear is too strong ilvl wise, just as I think the current M+ Ilvl is too high in regards to the weekly vault, and I think the normal ilvl raids are too low ilvl, and heroic ilvl rewards weekly vault for raiding are too low

But you really aren't forced to do anything. Maybe if you're in a top 500 guild world, sure. But if you don't like being forced to do something because your guild forces you to do it when you can get by easily with full heroic gear in Mythic raids, then join a different fucking guild or stop being in a guild that THINKS they're a top 500 guild when they're not.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Imagine thinking the war in world of WARcraft isn't about pvp when u can watch the original cinematic that displays battles of horde and alliance.

Imagine thinking the war in world of WARcraft isn't about pvp when u can watch the original cinematic that displays battles of horde and alliance.
    The original wow didnt even have battlegrounds. You kill npc orcs as alliance and npc humans as horde.

You should really try constructing your arguments better

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    The original wow didnt even have battlegrounds. You kill npc orcs as alliance and npc humans as horde.

You should really try constructing your arguments better
    xD you could world pvp and then the honor system came out months after realizing the success of the WAR from world of WARcraft. Go play hello kitty Island adventure if u can't handle competition xD

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's really no PvE alternative at the moment, and I think that rubs people the wrong way.

One of the big issues with PvP (in my mind) is the reward structure. Why they insist on 300 rating gaps for 1800 to 2100, and 2100 to 2400 is beyond me. 207 gear should be 1600, 213 gear being 1800, 220 gear being 2000, 226 gear being 2200, and 233 weapon being 2400. It pushes the gear up a tier, and bracket gaps close at the upper end, while still making them a bit more inaccessible to people who might feel forced to PvP.

1400 whether you hate PvP or not is actually free, and it makes little sense that it awards end of raid normal Castle Nathria levels for the amount of 'skill' you need to put into the game. While 1800 isn't super obtainable to the majority of the player base, it's actually a reachable goal, and it currently rewarding end of raid heroic Castle Nathria iLvL seems way off when comparing skill levels currently. Ask yourself, does deterministic gear for every single slot in the game at 220 iLvL for 1800 rating, link up with killing Stone Generals and Sire Denathrius on heroic (which only offer several slots at best, and at best you'll see 3 items drop from each boss on a weekly lockout?)

I don't think anybody is forced to do anything, but when content is somewhat unrewarding and there are alternative paths you might not like having fairly good rewards, I can see how that might rub people the wrong way. 1400 rating is obtainable by anybody, and 1600 is something you could probably PvE your way into with some time (especially considering how bursty arena is at the moment) which rewards the same loot as the heroic raid without being RNG considering it's deterministic nature.

Personally I think there's a few things at play here. PvP gearing is either a bit too powerful at the moment (a restructure of the brackets would help alleviate "pressure" of people feeling they ned to do this), or that the PvP gearing is fine and there needs to be a bit of a bump on the PvE side. Whether that means a PvE counterpart, slightly bumping the amount of drops in raids, or just improving M+ in some way. Not saying that PvP gear needs to be dismantled at all (it's the best it's ever been, and high iLvL rewards should be given to people who can hit high level brackets), but they could use it's current model on other parts of the game to pretty much make everybody happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    So you say the mercenary switch is only avaiable for horde?
    The Mercenary switch is only available when the opposing faction has the Enlistment bonus up.

As Horde has never had the Enlistment bonus up, and Alliance almost always has it up, Mercenary Switch has only ever been available for the Horde, beyond a brief few days where it was up for everyone when it was introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

xD you could world pvp and then the honor system came out months after realizing the success of the WAR from world of WARcraft. Go play hello kitty Island adventure if u can't handle competition xD
    Cant handle? What? How did that enter the conversation lol. Who says i dont pvp? And since when was there no competition in pve?

War means war, it doesnt mean player versus players. The two words have literally nothing in common.

Complete non-issue. The best players in the world needing to do all content to be the best players in the world does not mean anything is 'forced'. Your average heroic or mythic raiding guild will not need their players to do a single bit of PvP to clear the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Complete non-issue. The best players in the world needing to do all content to be the best players in the world does not mean anything is 'forced'. Your average heroic or mythic raiding guild will not need their players to do a single bit of PvP to clear the raid.
    This kind of comment always baffled me a little.
    Its like people think gear doesnt matter if you only raid hc or normal. Like there somehow isnt a progression lesser skilled players need to go through to clear the content their skill level is matched for.

like gear wouldnt help them progress further?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This kind of comment always baffled me a little.
    Its like people think gear doesnt matter if you only raid hc or normal. Like there somehow isnt a progression lesser skilled players need to go through to clear the content their skill level is matched for.

like gear wouldnt help them progress further?
    Hes not wrong. You can easily clear heroic and normal without pvp gear. Casual raiding- You hit your head on a nail long enough, eventually it'll go in.

Lol. I am a pve raider. I don't have any PvP gear and haven't had any since WoD where heroic dungeon gear dropped every 5 mins on release day. I know that PvP gear is pretty easy to get and even now I would prob find a few upgrades. I don't feel forced to PvP.

You're wrong.

/Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    who talk about 'best players in the world'? somebody think that best player is the player with most achievement points... we talk here about mythic raiding. why mythic raiders forced in to pvp? best fire mage trinket from pvp. you understand that if mage don't have this trinket it's not a mage - it's a garbage... next time blizzard will think that it's good idea to force pet battles and put 233ivl item in to it? if there is 0.5% animals that come to wow to pvp - nobody cares. just don't ruin our pve. don't touch our pve. it's clear that pvp must not give items at all... items is exactly pve thing...

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/ujr3KV2oY5k

he spen 95% time raiding and mythic+ and 5% time pvp. he now 220ivl and half of his items is from pvp.
    Last edited by ztn; 2021-01-03 at 02:49 PM.

I think it's great that as players we can do whichever content we want to get geared up. They should work on some ilvl differences though as I feel M+ drops are too low compared to the initial HC Nathria bosses which are easily farmable in comparison. It just feels bad that a player has to farm easier content to be able to do higher M+ keys only to have a chance of getting a reward of much lesser quality (which you will probably vendor or DE).

Like I understand that they did this because in Legion and BFA players were spamming M+ to out-gear HC raids with ease but the problem is still there just the other way around. Hopefully, they will think of a better way to balance these in a way where no specific kind of content is dependant on another type of content. Overall though quite happy and still an improvement imo.