Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Whatever I was off by one. Players are still being robbed of a week of gametime because Blizzard decided they were ok with people griefing other players.
    You were off with >25%. The event is ment to be disruptive, that's the entire point 9f the invasion. Yes navigating through the 2 capitols is messed up now. But there is still alot to do outside of those two places.

While I wish the warmode toggle would work, it's honestly rather sad that people can't just... Mount up 10 feet into the air and afk. Leveling is being disrupted? Go to chromie time and it's all gone. Fuck, even enabling warmode and going outside of a city can put you on an empty map where no one is doing the zombie event. Countless places to do transmog, auctions, banking, and basically everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "Worst" I saw it was doing the quests out in Elwynn/Redridge/Darkshire at 50.

Haven't seen a zombie outside of those spots or SW at all the entire time. Although the idea of being summoned into Nathanos or a World Boss, dying, and going Pop sounds kinda fun.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

If it was a free to play game, I wouldn't be nearly as upset. Annoyed? Yeah probably but I'd get over it. But I'm being charged $15 a month to be forced into an event I hate. To participate in pvp when I have warmode turned off. Getting denied loot just because some asshole decided to troll people. THAT is why I'm expressing my displeasure. This is not a minor thing. This is huge BECAUSE people pay a monthly fee. The people who are upset are rightly upset. Their game time is being disrupted by trolls and Blizzard is fine with it.
    You are paying to play the game the way the developers and deisgners created. The event was created by them. This is not your personal world or a 'safe space'. This is an MMO filled with other players who are taking part in the event. Again, we all knew it was coming. Those, who experienced it in wrath, knew what was coming, and what we have now is 100s of times smaller in scale and the way it affects others. It was completely unplayable, some didn't like it, some loved, but it happened, it was a milestone. Its a pre-patch ffs, there is nothing else to do. I play on a full server and orgrimmar is completely playable with just a few zombies running around, didn't see any zombie players while doing the new quests in icecrown this week.

What loot are you getting denied? The one you could have farmed last week? It took me 4 days of low effort to completely gear 2 fresh 50s in a full set of gear that is available in Icecrown, most bought with currency, couple of pieces from rares. And i was only killing like 4-5 rares a day.

Knowing of the event beforehand, knowing you'd hate it, having ability to do stuff that is important to you prior the event and still blaming the game and other players? The hell you on about? No zombies in dungeons, you can farm gear there.

This is not PVP by any means, so war mode shouldn't be a factor here. First of all, you mostly fight zombies of players of the same faction, secondly, IT'S A ZOMBIE INVASION, its not a player vs player combat.

Im going to keep this short? If you can not stand a little bit of personal "discomfort" for a week before a new expansion once per ten years, the issue is you, and not the people enjoying it. Stop whining - because that's all it is. The event is sad and nothing compared to its original version pre-wotlk because of all the crying people did over not being able to stand around AFK in Stormwind or OG for a few days anyway. Evading its effect is shamefully easy anyway.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2020-11-20 at 06:43 AM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event.
    Of course its the intent. Happened in the first instance on this event, so them releasing it Knowing exactly what was going to happen means it was intended. Everyone knew this was coming so just sit back and relax while the zombies invade

To OP: We all saw this coming. We knew it would happen. They knew it would happen. It shocks no one who was around the first time. Just gotta ride the wave
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    You are paying to play the game the way the developers and deisgners created. The event was created by them. This is not your personal world or a 'safe space'. This is an MMO filled with other players who are taking part in the event. Again, we all knew it was coming. Those, who experienced it in wrath, knew what was coming, and what we have now is 100s of times smaller in scale and the way it affects others. It was completely unplayable, some didn't like it, some loved, but it happened, it was a milestone. Its a pre-patch ffs, there is nothing else to do. I play on a full server and orgrimmar is completely playable with just a few zombies running around, didn't see any zombie players while doing the new quests in icecrown this week.

What loot are you getting denied? The one you could have farmed last week? It took me 4 days of low effort to completely gear 2 fresh 50s in a full set of gear that is available in Icecrown, most bought with currency, couple of pieces from rares. And i was only killing like 4-5 rares a day.

Knowing of the event beforehand, knowing you'd hate it, having ability to do stuff that is important to you prior the event and still blaming the game and other players? The hell you on about? No zombies in dungeons, you can farm gear there.

This is not PVP by any means, so war mode shouldn't be a factor here. First of all, you mostly fight zombies of players of the same faction, secondly, IT'S A ZOMBIE INVASION, its not a player vs player combat.
    Everything Blizzard said painted a different picture. People were under the impression that you could easily opt out of the event. Instead, people are FORCED to take part in an event that pissed players off the last time it happened. Just because you got things done at a certain pace doesn't mean everyone plays the game the same way you do. Griefing assholes are literally causing people to lose out on loot from both Nathanos and Icecrown rares. That's absolute garbage game design right there.

And saying this isn't pvp is 100% incorrect. The zombies aren't NPCs. They under the direct control of players. Which means....*gasp!* It's pvp! Just because you're controlling a different action bar doesn't make it suddenly NOT pvp. And as soon as you are infected, you are immediately flagged for pvp. So saying it isn't pvp is just showing how incredibly ignorant you are to the mechanics of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    They only exist in SW and Org. Where are they in Ice Crown or Boralus?
    This. Also, why I have to suffer armor damage if I choose to explode to end this shiet?

Terrible event, really.

Everything Blizzard said painted a different picture. People were under the impression that you could easily opt out of the event. Instead, people are FORCED to take part in an event that pissed players off the last time it happened. Just because you got things done at a certain pace doesn't mean everyone plays the game the same way you do. Griefing assholes are literally causing people to lose out on loot from both Nathanos and Icecrown rares. That's absolute garbage game design right there.

And saying this isn't pvp is 100% incorrect. The zombies aren't NPCs. They under the direct control of players. Which means....*gasp!* It's pvp! Just because you're controlling a different action bar doesn't make it suddenly NOT pvp. And as soon as you are infected, you are immediately flagged for pvp. So saying it isn't pvp is just showing how incredibly ignorant you are to the mechanics of the event.
    You arn't forced into the event. Try being less of a complete subhuman dumpster fire and NOT flag yourself.

Jesus christ humanity was a mistake. Talking like an in game event = rape. Fucking pathetic.

Lets the nukes fuckin fly boys we got nowhere else to go but down.

It is funny to see how intended event is considered as 'griefieng' for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Like when the event went live. Go into the capital sites. You will instantly be flagged and can be attacked. That hasn't been an issue on my realm because it seems they have decided to tell Blizzard where to stick it by not participating at all and just going about normal business.
    The idea behind was “ehi dudes, you’re being attacked everywhere by zombies”. If you can opt out the event and you don’t see any zombie besides the ones related to the chain quests, the invasion loses its meaning.

Problem is that you should have a pocket ebon blade healer to summon with a click for a flash cure. I know that flying somewhere from a flight point solves the issue but often flight masters are, well... dead (crossroads for example).

The event is rehashed trash and in terms of getting me hyped for SL its a 0/10. I couldn't give a flying fuck about an event that adds absolutely zilch to the world going forward..

Oh also something else; Sure, its not fun for you and im sorry you dont enjoy the event, but its also incredibly narcissistic to assume anybody cares about you in the sense that, anybody in these events does anything to grief you. I love the event. I did it back then, i do it now. I don't do it to piss people off, but you know... having Zombie-Apocalypse unfold is kinda fun as a change of pace.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So these past few days I have been noticing a good number of people in game not very happy with the zombie event and understandably so. People leveling up and having their quest NPCs killed over and over, they themselves are killed over and over due to the zombies being way above their level, and just general griefing throughout the game. There was an argument in general about it and I wanted to chime in but I had too much to say so I thought I'd wait and voice my full opinion about it here.

Now it doesn't really affect me most of the time since all the characters I play are max level but I did have a situation last night where I was doing the Nathanos WQ and there was a small group of zombies just fucking everything up. I ended up dying a bunch of times and when Nathanos was finally killed I didn't get credit for it since I was dead. So I had to wait until he respawned again. It was pretty annoying since I didn't have a whole lot of time to play and I wanted to get some shit done on there before I had to get off. This is when I started to understand why people hated this event. Like, the event itself is a cool idea and can be fun but the problem is that the douchebags of this game take advantage of it and turn it into a griefing event and that's when it stops being fun.

I'm not saying they should never do an event like this ever again because I genuinely think this is one of the best pre launch events (favorite was Legion invasions) but at least do something to lessen the amount of griefing that happens. Like, keep the zombie infection in and around the main city areas only instead of letting people go all the way out there so they can fuck up people's questing experience. That way people who don't want to bother with the event have a way to opt out of it and quest in peace. Have npc zombie invasions of the smaller camps and towns that lower level players can participate in and gain exp from. Maybe then more people would've been more welcoming of this event. The way it is now just feels like Blizzard turned on PVP for all servers and called it an event.
    7k posts on this website. the event is exactly made for people like you to gain some tenacity

Quote Originally Posted by Arinitty View Post
    You arn't forced into the event. Try being less of a complete subhuman dumpster fire and NOT flag yourself.

Jesus christ humanity was a mistake. Talking like an in game event = rape. Fucking pathetic.

Lets the nukes fuckin fly boys we got nowhere else to go but down.
    I don't even know where to begin. Even if you don't flag yourself, it happens as soon as you enter a big city. Whether you have war mode on or off, you have absolutely no say in whether or not you get flagged. It's forced pvp. Because if zombie players don't kill you, the players on the opposite faction simply waiting for someone to get involuntarily flagged absolutely will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Oh also something else; Sure, its not fun for you and im sorry you dont enjoy the event, but its also incredibly narcissistic to assume anybody cares about you in the sense that, anybody in these events does anything to grief you. I love the event. I did it back then, i do it now. I don't do it to piss people off, but you know... having Zombie-Apocalypse unfold is kinda fun as a change of pace.
    You're really going to say people aren't doing anything during this event to grief people. WoW is the same game that people will spawn camp you for hours just because they have a sadistic idea of fun. People absolutely are griefing others with this event simply because they can.

Who levels in "Cataclysm" anyway...
    They can freely choose a less cluttered option.

If blizz just made it so that you could still get the loot for things youve tagged it wouldnt be a problem.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you just get on your flying mount?
    If your alt isn't high level enough do timewalking.

These people are also going to complain about the Maw debuff. And guess what? That will continue way longer then just one freakin week.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2020-11-20 at 07:43 AM.

I don't even know where to begin. Even if you don't flag yourself, it happens as soon as you enter a big city. Whether you have war mode on or off, you have absolutely no say in whether or not you get flagged. It's forced pvp. Because if zombie players don't kill you, the players on the opposite faction simply waiting for someone to get involuntarily flagged absolutely will.

- - - Updated - - -

You're really going to say people aren't doing anything during this event to grief people. WoW is the same game that people will spawn camp you for hours just because they have a sadistic idea of fun. People absolutely are griefing others with this event simply because they can.
    It happens when you enter sw/org thats it. Period. End. Stop.

You either have wm on or keep going to sw/org. Stop fucking doing those two simple things and you cant be flagged. Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Arinitty View Post
    It happens when you enter sw/org thats it. Period. End. Stop.

You either have wm on or keep going to sw/org. Stop fucking doing those two simple things and you cant be flagged. Jesus
    If you really can't understand why forcing people to partake in pvp just because they entered Stormwind or Orgrimmar is terrible game design and incredibly frustrating then I really don't know what to tell you.