7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    If they want to bring back the Old Gods they will. Blizzard always leaves a door open. They can literally bring any of the baddies that we have defeated if they want, except for Deathwing (which if they want I am sure that they will find a way to do it):

- WoW Vanilla: Kel'Thuzad - Brought back in Shadowlands.
    - WoW TBC: Illidan and Kil'jaeden - Brought back in Legion.
    - WoW WoTLK: Arthas - Presumably coming back in some way in 9.2 (would be really surprised if Shadowlands ends without seeing him).
    - WoW Cataclysm: Deathwing - Not coming back (yet) but definitively there will be more dragons in the future.
    - WoW MoP: Garrosh - Brought back in Shadowlands.
    - WoW WoD: the baddies (Mag´har orcs) are now Horde allies; the Legion was, obviously, present in Legion; plus Yrel will return.
    - WoW BFA: N'zoth and Azshara - Not back (yet), but for sure there will be more Old Gods in the future. Azshara still alive and kicking.
    - WoW Shadowlands: something tells me that the corpse of the Jailer that we have already seen would be able for a reanimation in the future.
    sure, but just to point out we only captured Garrosh in MoP, he was killed in WoD. Also the "brought back in SL" for dead characters and litches is not an asspull but makes sense
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Either the dagger holds him or xal’atath is going to make her move
    This is one of my two theories (the other theory is that Ny'alotha in itself was a vision all along, but I digress...).

The pieces of evidence that I have collected for this theory are two:

1) One of the terms of the bargain made between N'Zoth and Xal'atath is that N'Zoth would keep the empty Blade of the Black Empire.
    We can thus conclude that N'Zoth was interested in the empty blade. We also know that the empty blade can be used as vessel to contain entities, which is how Xal'atath got in there in the first place. We can thus conclude that N'Zoth was interested in an empty object that could hold powerful essences.

2) N'Zoth allowed Queen Azshara to keep the Blade of the Black Empire while he had her imprisoned, despite discovering that Azshara planned to use that exact Blade to betray him. This means that N'Zoth wanted the Blade to potentially end up in the hands of the PCs, who are his enemies and shared Azshara's desire to kill him. We can thus conclude that N'Zoth planned for the blade to be used against him, either by Azshara (who was allowed to keep the blade despite being imprisoned by N'Zoth's minions) or the PCs.

Is it also not interesting that N'Zoth left the portals to Ny'alotha opened? It is almost as if he wanted to be pursued, it is almost as if he wanted the Player Character and Wrathion to get into Ny'alotha, to get into his lair, for whatever reason (to free Azshara and be lured into using the empty blade against him)...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-25 at 03:29 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Hype train needs a pic of Bobby but as the Jailer

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Hype train needs a pic of Bobby but as the Jailer
    But Bobby has plot armor and cannot get killed, so he rather is Sylvanas than the Jailer.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Where was that one forgotten old god mentionted, the one that the others ate or something
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    What if they finally introduce air to air combat on dragons! What if removing strand of the ancients was because they are re-doing it for DRAGON ISLES CUS IT'S IN THE SAME AREA?!
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I guess so, considering the same writers are still around I don't think it would be that much better honestly.

I disagree with this, from a meta perspective if Blizzard wrote the void elves to instantly get corrupted, that would defeat the entire point of their race.
    The Ren'dorei CANNOT be corrupted, for a very simple reason.

Alleria Windrunner is so powerful that she can literally annihilate Quel'Thalas all by herself.

One simple touch is all that Alleria needs to obliterate the Sunwell and turn it into a gateway for the armies of the Void, which would spell the doom of the Blood elves and likely all of Azeroth.

Remember how the entire final storyline of TBC was about stopping all of Kael'thas' armies from summoning the Legion into Azeroth via the Sunwell, because that would mean the doom of the planet? Well, Alleria can replicate that with the Void, except that she doesn't need an army, nor an entire patch to do so. Literally how do you write a plotline around such an OP villain?

How could such villains possibly be defeated? A villain that with a single touch can annihilate entire nations is unbeatable. It is therefore not a surprise that the only scenario where Alleria does become a villain, is in an irrelevant alternate reality. Where, by the way, it is shown that Alleria was single-handedly able to bring Stormwind and the Alliance to its knees.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-01-25 at 03:35 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    sure, but just to point out we only captured Garrosh in MoP, he was killed in WoD. Also the "brought back in SL" for dead characters and litches is not an asspull but makes sense
    Yeah, but the point remains. I am curious about Garrosh whereabouts. He is dead, so... where the hell is he? Where are you teleported when you escape from your Shadowlands realm? Back to your native planet? (which would be Outland, BTW, I can see Garrosh making another Iron Horde there and invading Azeroth again).
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2022-01-25 at 03:35 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where was that one forgotten old god mentionted, the one that the others ate or something
    In the Xal'atath artifact lore book.

Formerly known as Arafal

During Legion you got background lore on all your artifact weapons in your order hall.
    If you read the one for Xal'atath it mentioned one of the theories for its existence was that it was the claw of an old god that was destroyed/eaten by the others.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Ren'dorei CANNOT be corrupted, for a very simple reason.

Alleria Windrunner is so powerful that she can literally annihilate Quel'Thalas all by herself.

One simple touch is all that Alleria needs to obliterate the Sunwell and turn it into a gateway for the armies of the Void, which would spell the doom of the Blood elves.

How could such villains possibly be defeated? A villain that with a single touch can annihilate entire nations is unbeatable. It is therefore not a surprise that the only scenario where Alleria does become a villain, is in an irrelevant alternate reality. Where, by the way, it is shown that Alleria was single-handedly able to bring Stormwind and the Alliance to its knees.
    Well.... I think void overtaken Quel'thalas could make for a great final patch in some void themed expansion, and we did beat someone that cleaves worlds in half.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but the point remains. I am curious about Garrosh whereabouts. He is dead, so... where the hell is he? Where are you teleported when you escape from your Shadowlands realm? Back to your native planet?
    He's dead, as in gone for good.

Just as a demon is destroyed when they die in the TN, a soul is destroyed when they die in the Shadowlands.

Formerly known as Arafal

Xal’atath
    Or at least it’s extremely extremely heavily hinted at
    “My brothers tore me apart”
    “The weakest of us”
    And so on

Yeah, but the point remains. I am curious about Garrosh whereabouts. He is dead, so... where the hell is he? Where are you teleported when you escape from your Shadowlands realm? Back to your native planet? (which would be Outland, BTW, I can see Garrosh making another Iron Horde there and invading Azeroth again).
    Garrosh is dead+, he died, went to Revendreth, got thrown into the Maw, then disenchanted himself instead of going back to Revendreth when we rescued him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He's dead, as in gone for good.

Just as a demon is destroyed when they die in the TN, a soul is destroyed when they die in the Shadowlands.
    There is 0 chance that Blizzard took the trouble to show Garrosh in two Shadowlands cinematics just to kill him when we freed him.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2022-01-25 at 03:42 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Wondering what the chance of Mike speaking today is?

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Well.... I think void overtaken Quel'thalas could make for a great final patch in some void themed expansion, and we did beat someone that cleaves worlds in half.
    There would be no patch, it would be GG.

If Alleria accidentally (or willingly) allowed the Void and its armies to cross into Azeroth via the corrupted Sunwell, the world would be overrun. The Void has always been the most powerful and terrifying of the Cosmic forces, its major and only drawback being that it could rarely manifest in the physical plane.

The Void Lords are so terrifying that they scared Sargeras himself, they are and remain the final threat of the Warcraft franchise.

You think Sargeras was impressive? The Void Lords are literally the creatures that Sargeras was terrified of. Put that in perspective.

There is 0 chance that Blizzard took the trouble to show Garrosh in two Shadowlands cinematics just to kill him when we freed him.
    The cinematics thing was never planned to be a part of Shadowlands. It was only after player noticed Garrosh was in that one cinematic that they demanded he be added in, which he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Slightly higher than yesterday as we get closer to the end of the week. About WoW thought? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    >0%

/10char