I'm thinking we'll get 9.2 info sooner than expected if Blizzard panics from falling interest in WoW.

Like imagine blaming SUMMER for Shadowlands being trash How do people even come up with these excuses...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    I'm thinking we'll get 9.2 info sooner than expected if Blizzard panics from falling interest in WoW.
    Uhm... they announced 9.1 in February when they had basically nothing to show besides some pretty lame screenshots of the patch. People where whelmed, at best. And then it took them two months to get the PTR online for 9.1. I don't know how exciting another round of pictures from 9.2 is when people are already sick and tired of this expansion. I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Like imagine blaming SUMMER for Shadowlands being trash How do people even come up with these excuses...
    Ssh we're supposed to pretend WoW Classic didn't launch in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    they had basically nothing to show besides some pretty lame screenshots of the patch.
    Sadly the screenshots were highly accurate.

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't throw stones, especially someone obsessed with the void. Furthermore we're still in a Pandemic and schedules are still going to be upside down.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wouldn't throw stones, especially someone obsessed with the void. Furthermore we're still in a Pandemic and schedules are still going to be upside down.
    And when the pandemic is over, who will you blame then? The weather? Anything but Shadowlands of course.

Also I didn't know that Covid worked for Blizzard, I don't know how Blizzard hired it as writer since it's a literal virus but oh well.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-07-19 at 11:06 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    Did not want to open a new thread for this.
    Just had this horrible idea:

What if they really plan (as many guess) that Sylvanas will have her redemption and the next xpac is all about the ultra popular blood / high elves? What if they finally realized that the whole theme around Blood / High elves is another gold mine? Alleria set up, Sylvanas set up and I think Vereesa is also around. I can not really say why but I think that could also be a reason why they scrapped the Silvermoon Warfront, because this will be all used in the next xpac?

Came to my mind after re-watching the chains of domination finale. I think they really changed the whole mimics of sylvanas to actually look "good" (plus... ofc... soul back... blue eyes... etc)
    Last edited by Pheraz; 2021-07-20 at 09:57 AM.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Sadly the screenshots were highly accurate.
    Yeah, which didn't make it better lol. So they better have a lot more to show then some lame ass screenshots when they announce 9.2 which is most likely the climax of the horrible Jailer story arc.

- - - Updated - - -

And when the pandemic is over, who will you blame then? The weather? Anything but Shadowlands of course.

Also I didn't know that Covid worked for Blizzard, I don't know how Blizzard hired it as writer since it's a literal virus but oh well.
    The pandemic argument is as laughable as the Summer argument. Sure, blame the pandemic that Shadowlands is semi-dead right now. But then again tell me, why has FFXIV such a massive influx of players during Summer and while being on its content drought waiting for the new expansion to arrive? When Shadowlands is just 8 months old and at its "start"? Sure, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with how poorly received Shadowlands is, it's definitely to blame on outer circumstances.

The pandemic argument is as laughable as the Summer argument.
    Not quite as laughable as this constant "SL bad, wow dead, FFXIV at players high" without any RELIABLE evidence. And no, that 20(?) million accounts shenanigans from squeenix is NOT reliable. Also not reliable are anyone's anecdotal observations about dead wow servers. I am on a VERY small server with near to no horde population and even there are lots of people around even in non-cross realm zones.

And as a closing note: ain't you the "there will be no 8.3" guy? So yeah, you should be a bit more cautious with the term laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Not quite as laughable as this constant "SL bad, wow dead, FFXIV at players high" without any RELIABLE evidence. And no, that 20(?) million accounts shenanigans from squeenix is NOT reliable. Also not reliable are anyone's anecdotal observations about dead wow servers. I am on a VERY small server with near to no horde population and even there are lots of people around even in non-cross realm zones.

And as a closing note: ain't you the "there will be no 8.3" guy? So yeah, you should be a bit more cautious with the term laughable.
    Its not worth arguing, he says stuff will happen and then it doesn't, he may get it right once but he's not a soothsayer by any means. But yes the Pandemic DOES have an effect on how content is produced in the video game industry.

Came to my mind after re-watching the chains of domination finale. I think they really changed the whole mimics of sylvanas to actually look "good" (plus... ofc... soul back... blue eyes... etc)
    More like to show the other part of her soul is back and yes to make her look closer to her High Elf persona. How long that will last I don't know.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What are you talking about? It has nothing to do with the 20 million accounts or whatever, the entire internet is full of how popular FFXIV is right now, they even ran out of digital copies. Every server is full and has a queue, you barely can create new characters. Here's an article about it:

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xiv...sio-1847272446

Besides that, FFXIV is reaching daily new highs on Steam (and Steam is the version that's least played, there's the usual FFXIV launcher and then there are the Playstation versions), surpassing games like Destiny 2 and other online shooters / competitive games.

I didn't say anything about dead servers as we cannot measure that. It's a fact that Shadowlands and especially 9.1 has been poorly received over time.

And haha, bringing up that 8.3 argument again when you don't have any arguments at all - go on! I love it when people are living in their echo chamber and brag about how good WoW is doing and that - when it's doing bad - it has nothing to do with the game but unforeseen circumstances or world events.

So again, here's my question:

How does Summer or the pandemic negatively affect the recent state of retail WoW when at the same time Summer and the pandemic do the exact opposite for Final Fantasy XIV? Please, make it make sense how WoW is waning while at the same time FFXIV is thriving (and again, Shadowlands is 8 months old, Shadowbringers 24 - and yet FFXIV is getting a massive influx of players while retail is bleeding players left and right).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-07-20 at 03:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the summer thing was about online engagement and not about the state of the game, yet its still a dumb argument anyway as summer should correlate with more engagement as people have more free time.

Especially this summer, as its just after the pandemic and vacation plans for most people are still pretty much ruined or set back.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its not worth arguing, he says stuff will happen and then it doesn't, he may get it right once but he's not a soothsayer by any means. But yes the Pandemic DOES have an effect on how content is produced in the video game industry.

More like to show the other part of her soul is back and yes to make her look closer to her High Elf persona. How long that will last I don't know.
    It's like that void elf guy...just because he dislikes SL and a vocal minority is complaining on the forums (which they will always do, regardless of the expac), the expac has to end as soon as possible and blizz is already giving up SL. Not sure when this people will learn that videogame forums are in no way representative for anything, nor are personal perceptions. And about that "pandemic has no effect"...yeah, get back under your rock.

It's like that void elf guy...just because he dislikes SL and a vocal minority is complaining on the forums (which they will always do, regardless of the expac), the expac has to end as soon as possible and blizz is already giving up SL. Not sure when this people will learn that videogame forums are in no way representative for anything, nor are personal perceptions. And about that "pandemic has no effect"...yeah, get back under your rock.
    Ah Yes let me guess "social medias are not a good metric because the majority enjoys the game and actually plays it", so tell me why are you here then? Why are you not playing the game? Are you not enjoying it? Then why are you such a white-knight?

In other words, you contradict yourself either way.

And by the way if you actually bothered to read the context of the convo, you'd know I was talking about STORY ENGAGEMENT. I didn't know that the pandemic was already a thing when Shadowlands was written and unveiled in November 2019 so, you know, an entire month before covid began. Interesting how this works, covid was a problem before it was even created.

And again doubly LOL at the idea that summer would somehow lower engagement. It does the opposite LOL! Since many people are on vacation from school/work and thus have more free time to discuss the story. That this even needs to be explained is sad!
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-07-20 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The fact that she disappears when Zovaal takes the orb and he calls it "his" suggest that no, she did not exist before his imprisonment.

- - - Updated - - -

He IS alive.
    We and Khadgar interacted with him in Return to Karazhan, then he flew off into the TW.
    I tought it was Shade of Medivh or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I think Mediv has left behind so many echos, shades and visions.. not to mention his questionable status of being alive back WC3. I remember people refered to him as an eternal that is not really alive, but still active on azeroth. He is clearly more than just an arcane recording with a clever indexing system that emulates a chat bot, but I don't think we can really count him as alive, no matter which version we've encounter outside of the black morass dungeon.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Shade of Medivh is the boss, we also interract with his shade when we see the past. However right before the final boss the real Medivh shows up to help us prevent the Burning Legion from using the tower to make more portals.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    And haha, bringing up that 8.3 argument again when you don't have any arguments at all - go on!
    If you are tired with 8.3, we can bring back "Legion content drought starts with 7.3", "no one cares about SL Alpha cause google trends" or you usual shtick "I'll hype myself up for next patch, expect things no one promised and later brag how shit it is when it launch". And this are things just top of my head.

And it is funny how you double down "there will be no 9.3" argument after last one and really set yourself up for laughing stock in situation that is complete 50/50 from our perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If you are tired with 8.3, we can bring back "Legion content drought starts with 7.3", "no one cares about SL Alpha cause google trends" or you usual shtick "I'll hype myself up for next patch, expect things no one promised and later brag how shit it is when it launch". And this are things just top of my head.

And it is funny how you double down "there will be no 9.3" argument after last one and really set yourself up for laughing stock in situation that is complete 50/50 from our perspective.
    But but the timeline shows no room for 9.3 cus all expansions are only two years and shadowlands was delayed and had a drought thus they have to cut 9.3

Ignoring the fact that 10.0 production would have been underway at 9.0 launch and thus suffer delays as well

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    But but the timeline shows no room for 9.3 cus all expansions are only two years and shadowlands was delayed and had a drought thus they have to cut 9.3

Ignoring the fact that 10.0 production would have been underway at 9.0 launch and thus suffer delays as well
    Shadowlands was "delayed" by one month. One month. 9.1 was delayed more than Shadowlands was. And they don't have to cut 9.3 because of the initial Shadowlands delay.

Having to produce more content for Shadowlands (from 9.1 to 9.x) automatically means you're having to invest more time and ressources into it. Having to produce less content for Shadowlands (from 9.1 to 9.x) automatically means you can support or even accelerate development elsewhere as you're saving time and ressources. Make it make sense please.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-07-21 at 12:15 PM.