10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah I’d love to play those draconic humans, but that ugly dragon form? No thank you. It’s just awful.
    Honestly, when it's doing abilities, the form looks pretty cool.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    man the dracthyr only being in Dracthyr form in combat is a real shame, and a big dealbreaker for me, I hope they reconsider.
    It's the other way around. They're always in Dracthyr form in combat. They can choose out of combat. They can also do the dragon-flying in Dracthyr form with their own wings, it's been confirmed in other interviews.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    It's frustrating because they've had feedback for years about this - people who want regular form for Moonkin, or human in combat for Worgen. And yet they make the same mistake again, and many more, with this new race/class.
    Its a Dragon Class. The Humanoid form is just an extra for out of combat.

The Dragon Form being humanoid is just the easy way out to not fill the raids with 10 feet tall proper Dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    Uuuu we have a gambler here Let's say that if 10.x will be announced 19th of April for 11.2022 - I win, and You will do.. nothing - If NOT - You win and I can delete my 13 yrs account
    So.... they didn't do that, as a note.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's the other way around. They're always in Dracthyr form in combat. They can choose out of combat. They can also do the dragon-flying in Dracthyr form with their own wings, it's been confirmed in other interviews.
    They wanted to combat as the human / elf form, which they cannot.

I get it, but I'm pretty sure it's intentional. I know you're a big fan of Sylvanas and the associates massive character-drama that goes with her, but most people aren't, and I don't think it was remotely an accident that this trailer didn't feature:

A) Any faction characters.

B) Any combat, particularly between the two factions.

C) Any ridiculous speeches.

D) Any portents of doom.

Your preferred cinematics are basically stock full of this stuff.
    My least favorite cinematic after Dragonflight was MoP which had the faction war as well. Also my second favorite cinematic (the WOTLK) doesn't have any fighting and it's all narration and building up hype from Arthas' father speech (no doom or ridiculous speeches or fighting). So you giving me a "big fan of Sylvanas" label is really out uncalled for when I made a rating for each expansion clearly not showing any bias. Shadowlands is not even my top 3 cinematic and Legion is one of my least liked ones (where Sylvanas is present btw). So try again.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-19 at 09:05 PM.

Demon Hunters and Druids should be able to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Yeah this coalesced badly in the last 24 hours. I truly hope the profession revamp is an A+, but it won't be, because they seemingly won't steal Ff14s idea of high quality materials and actual craft action bar skills.
    They aren't adapting XIV's crafting actions, likely because anyone on the team that plays XIV realizes that anyone who seriously crafts in XIV just uses copy-pasted macros from third party websites, completely circumventing the entire need to even have crafting actions in the first place.

XIV's crafting skills are neat in concept, but terrible in execution, especially given that every HQ recipe in XIV requires a very specific rotation of abilities to properly craft, which again just boils down to copy-pasting the macro from a website, pushing a button, and then going to make a sandwhich or something while you wait for the craft to finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Furries and scalies are the target demographic of this game now.
    Well, think about how many people are going to roll the dragon class when they see one fly past them doing barrel rolls and nosedives without a mount.....

Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    Its a Dragon Class. The Humanoid form is just an extra for out of combat.

The Dragon Form being humanoid is just the easy way out to not fill the raids with 10 feet tall proper Dragons.
    Yep, exactly. People quickly forget all of those arguments between me and @Nightshade711 dealing with draconic size. Making them humanoid looking dragons sidesteps that problem.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-19 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Honestly, when it's doing abilities, the form looks pretty cool.
    I'm never going to get used to it. Dragons just look weird to my eye as humanoids. That said everything else dragon looked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah I’d love to play those draconic humans, but that ugly dragon form? No thank you. It’s just awful.
    In my case, I liked the dragon form quite a lot after seeing the different options for it. And it is different to all the other races he already have. Instead, I can't get what do some of you see as interesting in another Blood Elf model, which is just horned as the DH one, but with different hair colors (even the scales aren't original, as the DH's had some too).

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well, think about how many people are going to roll the dragon class when they see one fly past them doing barrel rolls and nosedives without a mount.....
    And let’s be honest here, among friends. If given the opportunity to !?%# a dragon, who among you would pass? I surely would not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    They aren't adapting XIV's crafting actions, likely because anyone on the team that plays XIV realizes that anyone who seriously crafts in XIV just uses copy-pasted macros from third party websites, completely circumventing the entire need to even have crafting actions in the first place.

XIV's crafting skills are neat in concept, but terrible in execution, especially given that every HQ recipe in XIV requires a very specific rotation of abilities to properly craft, which again just boils down to copy-pasting the macro from a website, pushing a button, and then going to make a sandwhich or something while you wait for the craft to finish.
    Fair enough I guess, when I did it (admittedly only to 50), I crafted a complete HQ set of every gather and craft jobs armor and never touched a macro. Because it was interesting to me.

Do we know if the Dracthy can fly? Or they use their wings only for some combat abilities?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    My least favorite cinematic after Dragonflight was MoP which had the faction war as well. Also my second favorite cinematic (the WOTLK) doesn't have any fighting and it's all narration and building up hype from Arthas' father speech (no doom or ridiculous speeches or fighting). So you giving me a "big fan of Sylvanas" label is really out uncalled for when I made a rating for each expansion clearly not showing any bias. Shadowlands is not even my top 3 cinematic and Legion is one of my least liked ones (where Sylvanas is present btw). So try again.
    I don't need to try again. You clearly love drama and doom-and-gloom. All the cinematics you love are that except the original WoW one, which is probably running on 100% purified nostalgia at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    Do we know if the Dracthy can fly? Or they use their wings only for some combat abilities?
    We know they can fly in the Dragon Isles, and do all the dragon-flying stuff with their own wings.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Flying in old zones I'm not sure of, but there's an interview that says the following.

"The Dracthyr are going to be able to participate in the dragonriding system and mechanics too,” Graham confirms. “Dracthyr have wings so they get to fly and they use the same style of momentum and gravity that dragonriding drakes do. During their starter experience, you get introduced to the new mechanics with tutorials and all that stuff. Heading into building the expansion, knowing that we wanted to create this feature, we had to set up the environment to match. I've only gotten to see it myself recently and it shocked me how much it brought me into the world. Being engaged in the act of moving around while flying is very different for WoW, and made me see the environment in a new way.”

I don't need to try again. You clearly love drama and doom-and-gloom. All the cinematics you love are that except the original WoW one, which is probably running on 100% purified nostalgia at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

We know they can fly in the Dragon Isles, and do all the dragon-flying stuff with their own wings.
    I clearly love drama. You can't even put 2 coherent arguments together. Why do I even bother responding to your troll posts I wonder.

7+ Year Old Account
    They really should add the other race models to the class as customization.
    I get that it might be a bit much for them to implement the scales and horns properly on everyone else at once, but then why not just keep updating it slowly over time?

Pair of extra races here, pair of extra races there, until all/most models are covered.

Formerly known as Arafal

They use it for both. You can use the wings for dragonriding according to interviews and you also use it (presumably as a CD) to fly around and cast while doing it.

The latter is more hovering though. Think Void Form but a lot more mobile.

Edit: Also they seem to be able to glide like DHs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    And let’s be honest here, among friends. If given the opportunity to !?%# a dragon, who among you would pass? I surely would not.
    Uh.....

I'm not sure I'm equipped to handle scaley private parts my man. LoL!