7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    No way to know until next year but I think this is naively optimistic.
    It's the bare minimum.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I think the reveal means nothing. MoP reveal felt so stupid to me. It's my favourite expansion. I was absolutely hyped for WoD. It's the expansion I played the least
    The WoD reveal and garrisons felt like such a brilliant natural extension of the base building of the original RTS games. I distinctly remember being extremely excited. In my experience alot of people I had played with who bailed during Cata or MoP were also very excited. What a belly flop it ended up being.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm almost 100% sure we're getting Tuskarr as an AR very shortly. Maybe even in 9.2.5.
    Not to be a party pooper but there's no evidence supporting this and as cool as a few people think they are, (they're okay) I don't think they would sell pre-orders. Another thing is that the last time we got Pre-order Allied Races, they had nothing to do with the next expansion but instead the prior one. The pre-order will most likely be available once 9.2.5 is out and the AR in question is more likely to be related to the aftermath of Shadowlands. Probably something undead or related to it.

I think Tuskarr are more likely to be an AR during Dragonflight and hopefully, Gnolls with them.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    It's been said in a handful of interviews that highly-upgraded and skillfully-played dragonriding is effectively faster than regular flying.

Another interesting tidbit from that interview that Wowhead didn't recap is that apparently there's a new team devoted specifically to making world content, which was previously handled solely by the quest team at large:

I thought it was worth pointing out. This along with the supposed scale of Dragon Isles is something I find very promising.
    Hopefully this pans out. I'm sick to death of boring uninspired world quests that take forever as the only world content in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/wellpla...-snoots-326820
    Bigger than Northrend? OK that's crazy. Northrend was huge and most of it was not even used past leveling. Yeah hope Dragonriding is fast.
    They did say dragonriding is faster than anything we ever had.

Also I imagine the more you "unlock" your dragonriding secrets etc, the faster you'll be.

I really think this can be such a fun thing, with the races, the exploration etc.

I'd love a boss design where one of the phase is us flying with our dragon mount and chasing a foe/fleeing from one while dodging stuff, like those arcades games.

Tons of fun gameplay element to implement with such a feature !

Also dunno if people know about this but Drakth'yr will be able to use their dragon form to "dragonride" if they want or use a dragon mount, which is so cool to me !

I can't wait to play Evoker.

Homophobia is so gay.

Stop making me think 4chan is a good source for leaks: Last I checked wowg was accusing the game of turning children gay & that Madeline Roux got her job from nepotism (there's a CEO with the last name Roux but Madeline Roux isn't even her real name, not to mention she was writing a lot of fantasy before writing for wow)

Here is my attempt to encourage discussion. Fingers crossed I'm successful. :P

https://twitter.com/smitingtitan/sta...9P5igaUOA8C37A
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/wellpla...26820#comments

TW: That’s totally possible. And the fun part about the Dracthyr and the ‘visage’ form is that visage forms are effectively what Dracthyr choose to represent themselves as, right? They are actually dragonkin, but they present themselves in this way and so with that we have allowed them to have so many different options that we may not have offered to a normal kind of character.

YOU CAN CHOOSE TO REPRESENT YOURSELF....

...but you are forced to represent yourself as a male blood elf and a female human, just that, what a huge joke

Their hair colour? There are actually over 30 different hair colours!

JW: …and that’s tops AND bottoms!

WP: Because they can have two-tone hair?

TW: Yeah! You can do two-tone hair, and hair highlight colours you can switch between!
    thats it, problem fixed, you represent yourself with SO MANY DIFFERENT HAIR COLORS, this is how you express yourself as dracthyr, picking two tone hair option

I think i will just stop reading the interviews.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Is he though? What if a Titan's awakening causes their planet to flourish with energy and life? It could mean both.
    I think that's what they're going with there. Especially with "primal energy" being a thing now this expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think that's what they're going with there. Especially with "primal energy" being a thing now this expansion.
    It is possible but they could just be playing up the elemental angle. They predate the old gods so they could be some ancient energy. Though the lore says they had to be sealed away or they would keep manifesting on Azeroth when defeated. So they elemental power could be some Azeroth linked power. Watch them link it to the first ones some how.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I'd love a boss design where one of the phase is us flying with our dragon mount and chasing a foe/fleeing from one while dodging stuff, like those arcades games
    Yeah, no vehicle bosses are always the worst encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/wellpla...26820#comments

YOU CAN CHOOSE TO REPRESENT YOURSELF....

...but you are forced to represent yourself as a male blood elf and a female human, just that, what a huge joke

thats it, problem fixed, you represent yourself with SO MANY DIFFERENT HAIR COLORS, this is how you express yourself as dracthyr, picking two tone hair option

I think i will just stop reading the interviews.
    Hopefully they add two tone hair customization to other races eventually. Especially Worgen!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    And if the healer does his job, he succeeds.
    So healers will have to dps in order to win a reward? Why not just get rid of the healer role then? You said that each person would have their own challenge to overcome and the encounter would automatically scale when people died. So if the healer is left alive they are expected to change specs mid fight to now dps? You keep changing the rules of your own concept.

We already have matchmade encounters where the goal is your own survival. So your concept doesn't fix anything about the current model and the real issue you seem to think exists.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Hopefully they add two tone hair customization to other races eventually. Especially Worgen!
    To both forms hopefully

Giving people goals in groupmade content is a mistake, simply because the WoW userbase is fucking terrible. Remember WoD Garrison quests. Literally had to be hotfixed to have people finish the dungeon to complete because as soon as they hit their goals they peace out. If you give a WoW player objectives, they will fuck over anyone and everyone to complete those objectives and cut as many corners as possible and fuck over as many other players as necessary in order to do it.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, i do not. You simply do not understand the concept
    The challenges would be limited to personal accountablity. If you die in a bossfight in a mythic+ solo queue setting, you would not receive any reward. It would be up to you to master the personal challenges, while a healer would be supportive but could not save your ass, and a tank would have his personal challenge, as long we want to keep the holy trinity. Beside that: If you fail, you will die. Which does not mean, the group will fail. Even a tank alone could master to kill the boss, if he was the last man standing in that setting and if he avoided all the puddles of ooze and exploding gnomes.
    You don't understand your own concept then. Because you've changed the rules from that statement when flaws were mentioned. It is also clear you think you are the only person that can ever know how to design a game. You insult the devs as being dumb and not understanding how to develop a game. You insult any person that doesn't agree with you as dumb and not understanding how to develop a game.

So why haven't you released the perfect game that everyone would be so happy to play if you have all the answers? You can have group based challenges right now that require personal accountability to not die from avoidable stuff. That requires tanks to keep aggro and healers to heal. Yet that isn't good enough for you because either you lack the skill or people refuse to group with you in-game for some reason.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-25 at 06:41 AM.

So basically group content just like we have now, but loot is awarded based on personal performance and goals and the individual player can succeed or fail without impacting the group. So the goal isn’t “Kill the boss!” The goal is whatever is assigned to each player, for example:
    1. Stay out of the fire.
    2. Maintain an average DPS of XXX.
    3. Kill three adds within 20 seconds each.

If a player does not meet any of their objectives, that one player does not get loot, but it has no impact on whether anyone else gets loot.

I like the idea. It’s a massive change from what WoW has traditionally been, but I think it could work.
    @cantrip, do I understand you right?
    Last edited by Edoll; 2022-04-25 at 06:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You just acted as if only the own survival would be what matters. Which i never even limited that way.
    Because you said personal accountability is what matters and you would have to overcome your own challenge to get loot. That prioritizes your own survival because you also said the encounter automatically scales in difficulty for how many are left alive. So you will prioritize getting loot which depends on your own personal challenge.

Well, actually they are incompetent, when they give up on a system if the first try is not successfull. In the case of challenging dungeons in matchmade content they simply stopped caring about that the day Greg Street failed with his dev water cooler in Cataclysm to "make dungeons challenging".
    There has never been challenging matchmade content when using your definition of that concept. So for almost 18 years now you have been playing a game created by incompetent developers that have never met what you think a good game will have.

Simply because i am a coder and no game designer, also i am no muilti billion dollar company who could create a MMORPG.
    So then why do you think you know more then existing developers if you aren't a game designer? Exactly. Also plenty of coders have created succesful games. Have you never heard of Minecraft?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-25 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    In regards to the Dragon Isles zones supposedly being huge, and vertical, what is the current largest zone in game?

I'd like to mentally compare and theorise how much bigger Dragon Isles zones will be.
    Uh. I kinda want to say Jade forest. Pandaria is one of the smallest continents, but jade forest is huge. Maybe a wrath zone like Icecrown or Storm peaks. Could also be Gorgrond from Draenor.

Cantrip, I don't think you've touched premade groups in over a decade if you think you need to be in Discord or anything.

You can easily pug normal and even a vast part of Heroic without having to communicate in any way (other than "Group 1 and 3 go down, and then Group 2 and 4" before you pull), and without a huge time investment.

And hey, the "personal responsibility" thing about not getting loot if you fuck up is there as well, because if you keep fucking up, you will get kicked.

You want something that is automatic and sterile over something that already exists and works just fine.

Then again, it doesn't sound like you want group content, it sounds like you want solo content but other people stand around you giving you the illusion of actual group content.