Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats not a problem leaving the raid unfinished. Sometimes you just haven't been able to clear it, not a bad thing. Don't need to shorten the raid for that, raid sizes are fine.
    There’s room for both. Even BfA had its bite-sized raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Yeah, this dungeon is very easy if everyone knows what to do
    I mean it was nerfed continuously to try and stop people quitting the moment they zoned.

Any1 read the new interview from Ion where he mentions in the future there might be another spec for evokers, kinda cool. My take would be that when the black dragonflight gets their leader etc, they can potentially teach them how to tank or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by 13last View Post
    Any1 read the new interview from Ion where he mentions in the future there might be another spec for evokers, kinda cool. My take would be that when the black dragonflight gets their leader etc, they can potentially teach them how to tank or something similar.
    In the far future, and a tank spec at that. That is, not this xpac at the very least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not a problem leaving the raid unfinished. Sometimes you just haven't been able to clear it, not a bad thing. Don't need to shorten the raid for that, raid sizes are fine.
    It definitely causes social friction that doesn't need to exist. Smaller raid sizes allow raid leaders to set clearer expectations. That's why I loved raids like Onyxia or Gruul or the Trials in WotLK and Legion. Especially when your raid team isn't 100% people that have no hard commitments that get priority over an overly long raid night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    It definitely causes social friction that doesn't need to exist. Smaller raid sizes allow raid leaders to set clearer expectations. That's why I loved raids like Onyxia or Gruul or the Trials in WotLK and Legion. Especially when your raid team isn't 100% people that have no hard commitments that get priority over an overly long raid night.
    Thats something the group should figure out though. Mine only does so much each week(Or day rather) then we stop. I don't think making raids smaller is that much of help. Reducing the overtuning of bosses? Yeah I can concede on that(Like this tier >.>).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats something the group should figure out though. Mine only does so much each week(Or day rather) then we stop. I don't think making raids smaller is that much of help. Reducing the overtuning of bosses? Yeah I can concede on that(Like this tier >.>).
    So true. I was kind of worried when Ion said "we are quite happy with the way Sepulcher turned out tuningwise" so I'm quite glad to finally get some nerfs for Halondrus/Jailer. The other bosses felt really good to play on mythic so far, but Halondrus is just super stressful rn.

In other news, it's tuesday - do we expect a new 9.2.5. build tonight? All aboard the hype train! *tschoo tschoo*

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I don't know where you get your numbers from but:

A) I seriously, seriously doubt that Void elves are less played than the fucking pandas, I mean, just look at them. I refuse to believe that Void elves are less played than that race;

B) It wouldn't be entirely unexpected, since Void elves require to have completed a questline while pandas are free from the start.
    Its not because of vOiD ElvEs themselves. The only reason would be the sillouette from the blood elf model and the elf part that has been a jelly topic since bc. I mean people have been asking for idk how long to get rid of tentacles, fair skin etc etc. Blood elves have always been one of the, if not the most popular models so I agree this would not be unexpected at all.

Makes no sense, if it was popular and people wanted to play it, they would. Besides I believe the rep requirement was removed as well. The reason is like was mentioned imo as well that they were just there out of nowhere. Void elves just never made sense and thet feel out of place pretty much everywhere. Yes they are underused, but I dont see much talk about them or people really want to know more either. Its mostly about high elves and a few requests in between to get starlight hair or what ever. Sadly the blood elf model is really overused at this point and was a topic of complain last few weeks. So I could see void elves falling behind real quick when ever people can rp as a dragon elf.

People just got tired of speculating and headcanon, this was also very visible with the high elf thread, nightborne thread etc. There is just no stuff to talk about really.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-04-26 at 04:21 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I don't know where you get your numbers from but:

A) I seriously, seriously doubt that Void elves are less played than the fucking pandas, I mean, just look at them. I refuse to believe that Void elves are less played than that race;

B) It wouldn't be entirely unexpected, since Void elves require to have completed a questline while pandas are free from the start.
    The appeal of void elves to the majority of the alliance playerbase isn't the void part, it's the elf part. Alliance players had been asking for playable high elves since the start of the game. Void Elves are a pretty obvious attempt to get those high elves to the alliance playerbase dressed up with obvious lore tinkering to differentiate them from Blood Elves so that they can be seen as significantly different.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the overall length of the raid, I think, and how often you're "calling it" before completion. Especially if you play with a diverse group with differing demands on their time. Eventually, those that are capable are just going to see it as one more reason to set off on their own, given how the game is designed to encourage you to play with people of a similar strata.

Ion sure knows how to drive the fanbase crazy:
    Although currently focused on ranged dps and healing, there could be an additional specialization in the future.
    They've been talking about wanting to "add additional specs" to existing classes for almost a decade now and it's never happened. Ion needs to stop talking about things that "might" happen and be clear about what is a priority & what isn't.

Also he talked about not having a selection of races for visage: It is because of their genetics, like I said. they're not "human & Blood elf" they're a human dragon hybrid, so their transformation isn't the same as a full-blooded dragon. They're only a bit elf-like because of their magical lineage, like the Githyanki in D&D
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-26 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Ion sure knows how to drive the fanbase crazy:

They've been talking about wanting to "add additional specs" to existing classes for almost a decade now and it's never happened. Ion needs to stop talking about things that "might" happen and be clear about what is a priority & what isn't.
    Yea, its the best answer PR wise tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its really getting odd isn't it. Sure it could and probably is just them wanting to cash in on nostalgia, but a lot of zone art looks like it would be perfect for a world revamp.
    Not sure whether you're a fan of revamp as I come to the forums from time to time, but my bet is on revamp in 11.0.

1. Assets are pretty much there, and have been there for a while now.
    2. They clearly took a path to chill the story a bit and turned away from so-called cosmic threats, at least for that expansion - hopepfully bringing more classic-alike feel to the game. They definitely emphasize that Dragonflight is going to be like Mists of Pandaria, which gives me hope for storytelling part (personal opinion here!)
    4. We don't know who the big bad is for that expansion, but my guess would be Nozdormu eventually turning into Murozond, which... gives a perfect opportunity for time-skip, and therefore reasonable revamp:

- I can see getting back in time to Ancient Kalimdor for 11.0 and to return to revamp world in 12.0.
    - I can see some mess in timelines with Infinite Dragonflight, so we end up years in future.

5. On the other hand, it would also be reasonable to not have any time-skips / time-travels, but simply having Aspects retriving their power, Azeroth's healing up/ waking up and thus having the world flourish. Also, "renewal" seems like a big theme for that expansion.

6. To spice it up a little bit: WoWhead's summary of most recent interview of Ion with Korean web magazine "Potion":

"Dragonflight is a bright uplifting new journey into a world of dragons, adventure, and new stories to discover. Not just a new age of dragons, but also a new age of World of Warcraft, laying foundations for years to come."

Do you all hear any rumblings for a build today?
    When do you guys think we'll get the 9.2.5 patch released?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Do you all hear any rumblings for a build today?
    When do you guys think we'll get the 9.2.5 patch released?
    I think that's what we're all waiting for: It's nowhere near done, they've only had 2 builds.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that's what we're all waiting for: It's nowhere near done, they've only had 2 builds.
    Will be interesting to see if they drop some of the encryption with this weeks build. I know the great parrot dislikes lore spoilers and supports encryption, but we need some juicy bits 'till Alpha launches. So fingers crossed!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Kinda surprising as well. We all thought it would come back after the reveal, but so far nothing. Though I guess we have only waited one week since the reveal.

Makes one wonder what could possible be added to the 9.2.5 though. The Belf and DID heritage questlines seemed like they were basically done, and outside the Tirisfal stuff there didn't sound like there would be much more to the patch than various bits and bobs related to SL season 4.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Will be interesting to see if they drop some of the encryption with this weeks build. I know the great parrot dislikes lore spoilers and supports encryption, but we need some juicy bits 'till Alpha launches. So fingers crossed!
    Don't need a build for any juicy spoilers or anything, just need someone to actually look for them. So far the datamining done on 9.2.5 has been extremely light since those that can do it either don't care or are busy with other things. There's a ton more to be found and more connections to be made and speculated upon! Granted I've made it slightly harder to datamine encrypted things with my tools alone, but that won't keep any experienced dataminer from finding anything.

As for a new build, I'm definitely expecting one as soon as today but at least this week after yesterday's encrypted 9.2.5 vendor build, I am currently dealing with the flu though so I will simply be watching this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1519011969780502528

I guess we'll learn many new things

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1519011969780502528

I guess we'll learn many new things
    Oh they want to tell us more about the things they "can't show yet" ??? What couldn't they show in their big presentation from a week ago? Just drop the alpha, already.

Annoying. I hate these men.