I'm guessing 9.2.5's encrypted stuff is related to the pre-orders then, and May 31 is when we get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Today, I will remind them of post #57995. No one believed, yet here we are.
    )))))))))

Never doubt me again, I am transcended.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Posture is not body type. It is just different standing and running animation. The model is exactly the same.

And very gender is completely different model and set of animations.
    Weird that no one ever said Dracthyr would be getting a whole new model or genders.

Blizzard already confirmed they’re getting more torso/body options anyways. (Which is as much work as giving orcs an upright option)
    If they’re already adding the options then I’d want those options to be close to Thunderbrush’s edits which would still be the same model and animations.

Don’t know why you think giving them a bulkier option is either indicative of gender or a whole new model and animations.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-05-25 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm guessing 9.2.5's encrypted stuff is related to the pre-orders then, and May 31 is when we get them.
    Could be something that will open later, similar to the Legion epilogue with the sword. It isnt mentioned now simply because it won't actually be available until later anyways.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Did we ever find out what the new combat sounds were about?

Regarding the absence story stuff on the patch notes: its probably meant to be a surprise for non hardcore fans. Remember that there is an encrypted splash page for "pre-season 4 9.2.5" and we never saw anything on it, so it likely has spoilers.

The slimesaber being encrypted for later makes sense as it isn't available until Season 4, but otherwise...
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-05-25 at 06:04 PM.

Bear in mind that even if something story-related is hidden in the patch files, that doesn't mean it can't also be timegated to keep it out of your hands for as long as possible.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Bear in mind that even if something story-related is hidden in the patch files, that doesn't mean it can't also be timegated to keep it out of your hands for as long as possible.
    While true if it wasn't in the 9.2.5 launch day content then they wouldn't have encrypted the 9.2.5 splash screen that you see upon logging in if it did not contain data pertaining to other encrypted content (in this case Tirsifal).

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Did we ever find out what the new combat sounds were about?

Regarding the absence story stuff on the patch notes: its probably meant to be a surprise for non hardcore fans. Remember that there is an encrypted splash page for "pre-season 4 9.2.5" and we never saw anything on it, so it likely has spoilers.

The slimesaber being encrypted for later makes sense as it isn't available until Season 4, but otherwise...
    All signs point ot it being used by the "new" NPC Belf from the heritage questline. Same voice actor doing the sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    While true if it wasn't in the 9.2.5 launch day content then they wouldn't have encrypted the 9.2.5 splash screen that you see upon logging in if it did not contain data pertaining to other encrypted content (in this case Tirsifal).
    That's a good point. That makes it seem like its connected to pre-orders & and that pre-orders will most likely start within the next 6 days.

Although I already said this & you all said I was delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    All signs point ot it being used by the "new" NPC Belf from the heritage questline. Same voice actor doing the sounds.
    Interesting. Points to her being a major Dragonflight NPC then, if they bothered to go that far (and lines up with the dragon prophecy). Maybe she gets stationed with the Reliquary?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Interesting. Points to her being a major Dragonflight NPC then, if they bothered to go that far (and lines up with the dragon prophecy). Maybe she gets stationed with the Reliquary?
    She was one of the orphans in the TBC version of the Children's Week questline, specifically one known for being hated by the Bronze Dragonflight for things she would seemingly eventually do to dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Don’t know why you think giving them a bulkier option is either indicative of gender or a whole new model and animations.
    Because YOUR examples are about completely new animations or models (with animations).

1+ Year Old Account
    Because YOUR examples are about completely new animations or models (with animations).

Same model, same animations.
    This is what I’ve been saying all along what I want as an option.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-05-25 at 06:35 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Dragons in WoW are not actually that bulky compared to their size. The Dracthyr model is actually a fairly accurate representation of the Dragon model if you compare individual elements like shoulder width and such. The main difference is the torso to arms and legs ratio, as well as a lack of a keelbone in the breast.
    Nozdormu would like to have a word with you calling him not bulky: :P

https://ibb.co/FmJGtfH

Comparing him to say Ysera and Alex, the other two unique dragons from cata he's miles more bulky than them, his neck is goddamn massive!

Same model, same animations.
    This is what I’ve been saying all along what I want as an option.
    And you speak about Orc posture (same model, different animations) or female orcs (different model, different animations).

1+ Year Old Account
    And you speak about Orc posture (same model, different animations) or female orcs (different model, different animations).
    Orcs being upright have the same animations as orcs being hunched.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Orcs being upright have the same animations as orcs being hunched.
    They have different standing and running animations to give them the upright posture.

1+ Year Old Account
    They have different standing and running animations to give them the upright posture.
    Nah.

Besides, Dracthyr’s bulkier option aren’t going to have different animations any more than the nightborne have different animations from the night elves
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-05-25 at 06:46 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post

Comparing him to say Ysera and Alex, the other two unique dragons from cata he's miles more bulky than them, his neck is goddamn massive!
    That's true. That is one beefy neck.

Still though, with the exception of the keelbone the dragons are not especially bulky. Imagine the Dracthyrs arms and legs are half as long and it's basically the same proportions.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post

I forgot that Nozdormu had an actual beard/goatee in dragon form too.
    Chen isn't a Monk