Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Is a surprise 10.0 Reveal stream better than having it at Blizzcon Online? I am starting to think they actually are going to wait till Gamescom and we are getting 3 patches with Shadowlands solely because of it being necessary for the narrative.

I am honestly lost at this point, the fuck is going on? PANIC
    I think this has more to do with the amount of effort and manpower BlizzCon would require taking to much out of their already busy schedule than anything else.

I had honestly been on the "there can still be a 9.3" train up until this point but yeah, I don't see it happening any longer.

The idea of maybe not seeing a new expansion until 2023 is nuts to me so I can see them getting something out before then.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think this has more to do with the amount of effort and manpower BlizzCon would require taking to much out of their already busy schedule than anything else.
    when has their schedule ever not been busy? It’s their job lol.

AHAHAHGHHSAGHAHGSASHAHAHAHHAH YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/reimagi...ncelled-324630

Clowns. The one last hope people had, the last thing some ppl were hyped up for, canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Some entertaining bits. That Elune cinematic was hilarious.

“I sent souls to you to help.”

“Elune, honey, those went straight to the Maw.”

*curb your enthusiasm music plays*
    Seriously, People who like Tyrande & Sylvanas hate this storyline & people who hate Tyrande & Sylvanas also hate this storyline. What were they thinking? Christie Golden keeps talking about being annoyed by people blaming her but Ion was up there bragging about how they "got a professional writer to help write the story" like whatever lady

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is pretty surprising how many players have convinced themselves the expansion would have been just as hated if it wasn't for the drought for sure.

I mean, if it wasn't for the drought and we assume the same patch cadence as BfA, then we would already be in 9.2. Nathria would have been remembered as a really meaty first raid, and it and sanctum would likely have been disliked mostly for having final bosses difficult enough that less players than usual finished them.

Torghast would likely have been in the same spot as Islands were at 9.2. old content that you significantly outgear and really only do if you want cosmetics or want to level an alt.
    Covenants as a whole would just be a giant treasure chest of content for players that don't play several alts religiously, and even dedicated cosmetic hunters would probably still have cosmetics to farm.

The drought really does explain all the main problems players have with SL. From boring systems and raids, to excruciating plot.
    I mean honestly, we would likely already know what the final patch and boss would be by now if it wasn't for the drought.
    Yea, it wouldn't be that much of a focus, when we would have just moved faster from patch to patch. People will forget about it and just hop on the train.. it was mostly at the end of the expansion when you would get complains like these more. The drought made it more visible. I 100% agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    AHAHAHGHHSAGHAHGSASHAHAHAHHAH YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/reimagi...ncelled-324630

Clowns. The one last hope people had, the last thing some ppl were hyped up for, canceled.
    Assuming they don't want blizzard stock to hit 0 next quarter, I assume they have a WoW expansion announcement planned for the game awards?? I mean the Shadowlands teaser didn't tell us anything but its something. Anything. Please.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they pulled the plug solely because of the lawsuit situation.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *finally gets online today and sees Blizzconline is cancelled*

Okay NOW we go full Red Alert. NOW we legitimately talk about "reveal next fall launch fall 2023."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    *finally gets online today and sees Blizzconline is cancelled*

Okay NOW we go full Red Alert. NOW we legitimately talk about "reveal next fall launch fall 2023."
    Don't worry, I already made a thread to get your shitposting out on. You can find it here.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-WoW-expansion

We will likely be getting an announcement inhouse soon or at the Game Awards.

There have been constant updates to the human housing remodels in the files so we know something involving Humans is coming up, and I doubt it's just Dragonblight.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's a video presentation in front of a green screen. The Video Game Industry moved to them because they are cheaper to produce.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Don't worry, I already made a thread to get your shitposting out on. You can find it here.

Game Awards I highly doubt. Knowing Blizz they want to announce it and then talk in depth about it. Because goodness knows the Features Trailer will just make people angry and they'll have to be talked down, happens every Blizzcon.

Inhouse possibly but I feel like the only way that makes sense is if 9.2 is the final patch, otherwise they're already in their inhouse cadence of patch reveals.

Pants on fire concerns about 3 years of Shadowlands aside, the most likely scenario for me is honestly that they break with tradition (fitting given how little of Blizzard is left) and do a reveal at E3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post

There have been constant updates to the human housing remodels in the files so we know something involving Humans is coming up, and I doubt it's just Dragonblight.
    You mean the models that have been there since bfa and were likely discarded war front assets? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    You mean the models that have been there since bfa and were likely discarded war front assets? LOL.
    They have been updated in 9.1.5 with multiple new human insignias. There exists a version with the silver hand fist AND the Stormwind lion now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Inhouse possibly but I feel like the only way that makes sense is if 9.2 is the final patch, otherwise they're already in their inhouse cadence of patch reveals.
    I would be shocked if it isn't. Community reception aside, the 9.0-9.1 story is shorter and more complete than ever in the history of expansions (including the "biggest" villain being beat, Sylvy as opposed to Nzoth/KJ/etc, shockingly early) and points to the expansion story being planned to be shorter from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    Keyword, "constant updates."

I somehow doubt Blizzard will take this to an actual convention. I imagine they will just take what would normally be panels for Blizzcon and just space the mout as individual announcements/dev talks/whatever.

So for 10.0, instead of getting a massive info dump at Blizzcon with cinematic trailer, features trailer, world design panels and the works, we will instead get a series of smaller announcements.
    Maybe something like: Week after 9.2 launch, 10.0 announcement trailer and features trailer. Then a week or two after, in-depth of individual systems. Week after quick announcements on individual zone stories.

Blizzcon being cancelled is a pretty hefty blow to at least knowing when we are getting meaty announcements, but with it being online, as at least from what we saw in the last Blizzconline, there is nothing stopping Blizzard from just dividing up the panels into individual announcements spaced out to whenever they fit/are ready.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It's over. This company is dead and buried. This is the first time they haven't held Blizzcon, not even online. Enjoy maintenance mode. They probably have literally NOTHING to announce, not even 9.2 details. How are they going to announce 10.0 xpac if not at blizzcon, like it has always been (with the exception of Legion gamescon). This is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    It's over. This company is dead and buried. This is the first time they haven't held Blizzcon, not even online. Enjoy maintenance mode. They probably have literally NOTHING to announce, not even 9.2 details. How are they going to announce 10.0 xpac if not at blizzcon, like it has always been (with the exception of Legion gamescon). This is a joke.
    With the exception of the biggest and best-received expansion since Wrath? Huh?

Geez, maybe they should make ALL expansion announcements like Legion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I somehow doubt Blizzard will take this to an actual convention. I imagine they will just take what would normally be panels for Blizzcon and just space the mout as individual announcements/dev talks/whatever.

So for 10.0, instead of getting a massive info dump at Blizzcon with cinematic trailer, features trailer, world design panels and the works, we will instead get a series of smaller announcements.
    Maybe something like: Week after 9.2 launch, 10.0 announcement trailer and features trailer. Then a week or two after, in-depth of individual systems. Week after quick announcements on individual zone stories.

Blizzcon being cancelled is a pretty hefty blow to at least knowing when we are getting meaty announcements, but with it being online, as at least from what we saw in the last Blizzconline, there is nothing stopping Blizzard from just dividing up the panels into individual announcements spaced out to whenever they fit/are ready.
    No way they slow roll the reveal. They need the "What's Next"-type panel basically within the hour or players will start to extrapolate garbage.

Now if they DO decide to do a full in-house of it, they may take a leaf from 14's book. Instead of a one hour trailer do like a 3+ hour broadcast that just rolls all the relevant Blizzcon-type panels together into one presentation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow that being cancelled doesn't hurt tbh. No red alert or anything, just the right thing to do. I think Blizzard should stop with the yearly blizzcon anyways IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi