Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Even if there are some souls Revendreth couldn't redeem, they can just toss them into some Anima battery and erase from existence altogether. No need to dump them somewhere to rot for eternity.
    Or they just stay in revendreth indefinitely. Which is apparently how it worked before the Maw existed. The Arbiter ever sending people into the maw is questionable when we see theres Venthyr who committed several-planets-worth of genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    RPGs with voiceless protags are not written around the main character, what are you even talking about?
    ??? There are tons of RPGs written *around* voiceless protagonists. Breath of Fire, Legend of Zelda & Skyrim comes to mind.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Ugh a Beam Ending would be so disappointing. I don't want Ion's stern face talking about how we're heroes in the Post-expansion interviews and so we need to win because of people using WoW as escapism again being the explaination for why we repeated the same storyline twice.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

RPGs with voiceless protags are not written around the main character, what are you even talking about?

In pretty much any RPG with a character you can create, you can replace them with a brick and nothing would change. Hell, you could replace them with nothing and it would work just the same.

Story choices never goes any deeper than "You press this option in a menu and the next cutscene changes", and the games were it's remotely deeper than that are limited.
    Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 1-3, Fallout: New Vegas, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, FF 1, Legend of Zelda, Soulsborne games, Chrono Trigger, Dragon's Dogma, Fable, FFXIV.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    In that crowd shot, does anyone see Pelagos? I think that's him near Vereesa and Alleria but I'm not 100%.

Also interesting that Tyrande is no where to be seen.

edit: I'm blind, found her.
    Pelagos does not seem to be here, neither Kleia.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 1-3, Fallout: New Vegas, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, FF 1, Legend of Zelda, Soulsborne games, Chrono Trigger, Dragon's Dogma, Fable, FFXIV.
    Thanks for proving my point. The only game where the character is even remotely a character and not just a camera is Dragon Age, maybe New Vegas.

and so Anduin just got his two shoes back, again blonde pigtail boy. This whole storyline was wasted

Thanks for proving my point. The only game where the character is even remotely a character and not just a camera is Dragon Age, maybe New Vegas.
    Only thing that proves is that you have a very strange idea of what a camera is.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    and so Anduin just got his two shoes back, again blonde pigtail boy. This whole storyline was wasted
    It was never going to go anywhere interesting. Either it ends with him killed off or him back to normal.

Just like Sylvanas' storyline is going to either end with her imprisoned in the Shadowlands or back on Azeroth leading the Forsaken again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I think there was once a count of individual new assets per expansion and it has been a steady decline since legion? Certainly SL was rather far behind during 9.0 and 9.1 didn't add very much either. Probably a question for our resident dataminer.

Edit: Found a reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...nts_added_per/
    9.2 would have to be massive to catch up to BfA, but it's still possible, I guess.
    A little rant not directed at you but more so the Reddit thread.

The idea of just counting gear pieces to determine expan art budget is a rather ridiculous notion. Legion is touted as the peak of wow’s art in that thread but that’s completely ignoring that say bfa blew legion out of the water in new zone assets and mob models due to legion just reusing the 7.0 demon and zone assets instead of making new ones in many many cases.

As far as the budget side of things go there isn’t going to be a set number set aside per expan blizzard doesn’t contract out it’s wow art which means they would have a general budget to pay there hourly artist and then team leads would choose what those artist work.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It was never going to go anywhere interesting. Either it ends with him killed off or him back to normal.

Just like Sylvanas' storyline is going to either end with her imprisoned in the Shadowlands or back on Azeroth leading the Forsaken again.
    he has already come back, looks like filler expansion, it all didn't make sense
    https://twitter.com/Stiven_SRB/statu...91434933624835

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Ye, suuuuure. Leading Forsaken again.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's ridiculous that after getting dominated by a Death deity, Anduin comes out unscathed.

Could've at least kept the white hair, surely that's a small enough detail to keep as a consequence of what happened to him.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's ridiculous that after getting dominated by a Death deity, Anduin comes out unscathed.

Could've at least kept the white hair, surely that's a small enough detail to keep as a consequence of what happened to him.
    People controlled by Old Gods came out np. That's nitpicking.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That's also dumb. Doesn't make the Anduin thing less dumb.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

Are you serious?
    People who got their minds ravaged by an old god, at one point or another, should absolutely be facing some sort of repercussions.

That isn't an argument.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of those outside of XIV are not mmos so I don't think his argument works.

Are you serious?
    People who got their minds ravaged by an old god, at one point or another, should absolutely be facing some sort of repercussions.

That isn't an argument.

Most end up dead. This is still like not even a problem.

9.2 will be fine if 9.1.5 is any indacation.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-11-24 at 08:29 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    A lot of those outside of XIV are not mmos so I don't think his argument works.
    That'd be fair if his argument was about MMORPGs. His claim was that silent protagonists in RPGs in general were just the equivalent of a camera with the story not revolving around them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    That's also dumb. Doesn't make the Anduin thing less dumb.
    And it is still nitpicking. First time see people expecting some physical trauma after MC. Not to mention something physical/mental may still come out in the future, anyway.

Yeah, but the game is still structured around their personal journey, which you said is a bad idea. Just the best games in the history of the genre hun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Are you serious?
    That isn't an argument.
    You haven't explained why. So that's not an argument either. I think they shouldn't face repercussions, but that's why they largely moved away from corruption as a theme. As a metaphor "corruption" works, but if its not a stand in for something else about their character its a weak morality tale. Otherwise its just a disease or misfortune.

They're doing it now, still. They need to stop being vague about what the characters actually have control over. If some outside entity forced you to be evil why should you be held responsible for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Yeah, but the game is still structured around their personal journey, which you said is a bad idea. Just the best games in the history of the genre hun.

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't explained why. So that's not an argument either. I think they shouldn't face repercussions, but that's why they largely moved away from corruption as a theme. As a metaphor "corruption" works, but if its not a stand in for something else about their character its a weak morality tale. Otherwise its just a disease or misfortune.

They're doing it now, still. They need to stop being vague about what the characters actually have control over. If some outside entity forced you to be evil why should you be held responsible for it?
    He wasn't talking about being held accountable for it, just that the corruption and mind control should've affected them psychologically and possibly physically.