Honestly, as halfcooked as it is, it is still better than the Sauron Nzoth death we got in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    three options: 1) half-baked animation, still unfinished; 2) bad animation; 3) he's wielding something (the giant hammer maybe)
    Pretty sure he's wielding his fancy mace there, so definitely some context missing. We also don't see what he's struck by which adds to the awkwardness as well.

I'm 90% sure this is a placeholder and he'll get fried by a laser like Deathwing/N'zoth. To make it even more derivative it'll be the same colour of laser as BFA.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Pretty sure he's wielding his fancy mace there, so definitely some context missing. We also don't see what he's struck by which adds to the awkwardness as well.
    I kinda get the feeling there's meant to be a second strike after he gets down on his knees as well, which would explain the fall backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'm 90% sure this is a placeholder and he'll get fried by a laser like Deathwing/N'zoth. To make it even more derivative it'll be the same colour of laser as BFA.
    No, this time you get to choose between a Venthyr, Necrolord and Kyrian laser.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I'm just happy that we're getting our extreme dopamine rush because of course we needed to beat Zovaal against unstoppable odds and have nothing of value from this 2 year Cycle that was completely wasted.

At least Ion can feel happy that his subscriber base with their escapism has gained said extreme dopamine rush of beating Zovaal, the original Arbiter and the True Jailor of the Damned while fully empowered in his original form!

Straight class.

At least I'm going to enjoy the popcorn munching in the aftermath of this.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, this time you get to choose between a Venthyr, Necrolord and Kyrian laser.
    I would immediately renounce all criticism of this expansion and defend Ion to the last if the Bald Man was canonically killed in the Ardenweald method. Turn him into a frog and feed him to a bird while fully aware and begging for his life.

Seriously, that world quest is unusually dark.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

I would immediately renounce all criticism of this expansion and defend Ion to the last if the Bald Man was canonically killed in the Ardenweald method. Turn him into a frog and feed him to a bird while fully aware and begging for his life.

Seriously, that world quest is unusually dark.
    "Let's teach the naughty spriggans a lesson... That lesson being murder"
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Yes, children do play this fantasy game. This is why, according to Danuser, words "b*tch" or "greenskin" has been wisely removed. I just do not understand why children can look at half-naked succubus or incubus tho. At least dress them up a little.
    To be honest, thats on the parents. The game is rated T for teen. If parents dont want theyre children to play games that have offensive language or characters that dress a certain way, dont let them play them. How they decide to approach that is up to them. Not Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    "Let's teach the naughty spriggans a lesson... That lesson being murder"
    The final lesson. Really, the whole zone has some severe tonal whiplash. You go from palling around with literal gay unicorns and giving pats to friendly worms to people being sacrificed on stone altars and being irreparably mind-controlled to where they have to be put down and suffer perma death.

The final lesson. Really, the whole zone has some severe tonal whiplash. You go from palling around with literal gay unicorns and giving pats to friendly worms to people being sacrificed on stone altars and being irreparably mind-controlled to where they have to be put down and suffer perma death.
    It's kinda amazing looking at that zone how it manages to have both some of the most silly stuff, and also to be the most serious zone at the same time.

One moment you have to run around finding magical critters, the next you have to abandon lives to oblivion so other might live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a workshop, obviously its going to have variety.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I like that sort of juxtaposition. Certainly makes Ardenwald more bearable for those who aren't fans of the cutesy nature stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm not a betting man but I got a hunch it's a arrow or a bolt of some kind

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    1. They put clothes on female succubus and say "Stop oversexualization women, replace any woman picture with fruit picture"

Then

2. Release almost naked oversexualized version of Incubus, like yeah now you can jerkoff to that devil, its OK.
    It's the exact same though...

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I like that sort of juxtaposition. Certainly makes Ardenwald more bearable for those who aren't fans of the cutesy nature stuff.
    Ardenweald was such a missed opportunity. They could have gotten into that really sinister, insidious Celtic mythology that later inspired all the cutesy stuff. Fae should be disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    three options: 1) half-baked animation, still unfinished; 2) bad animation; 3) he's wielding something (the giant hammer maybe)
    It's Option 4: We won't see his death animation because he will die in a cinematic just like most other end bosses in the last few expansion and that animation is just a failsafe.

Those more whimsical elements become somewhat less so once you remember that the gay unicorn and his stag lover sacrificed their lives to stop an eldritch planetary parasite with the former still being depressed about it and the friendly worms actually exist to grow and devour the world around them if it starts losing anima and actually have to be culled to prevent them from becoming an ecological catastrophe.

Also, to add to the unexpectedly grimdark aspects of the zone, think about the world quest in which it is revealed that there exists a flower in Ardenweald the mere smell of which causes sylvar and only sylvar to go on a murderous rampage and then die horribly, and then consider that the Winter Queen created Ardenweald and its inhabitants. Maybe there is a reason why Lady Moonberry can be such a psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    Those more whimsical elements become somewhat less so once you remember that the gay unicorn and his stag lover sacrificed their lives to stop an eldritch planetary parasite with the former still being depressed about it and the friendly worms actually exist to grow and devour the world around them if it starts losing anima and actually have to be culled to prevent them from becoming an ecological catastrophe.

Also, to add to the unexpectedly grimdark aspects of the zone, think about the world quest in which it is revealed that there exists a flower in Ardenweald the mere smell of which causes sylvar and only sylvar to go on a murderous rampage and then die horribly, and then consider that the Winter Queen created Ardenweald and its inhabitants. Maybe there is a reason why Lady Moonberry can be such a psycho.
    Do you actually think people read quest texts in this forum lmao?

People only care about what they actually see.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Do you actually think people read quest texts in this forum lmao?

People only care about what they actually see.
    I imagine the forums has a slightly larger than average amount of players that read quest text actually. Or at least the ones that actually debate the lore.
    Why would anyone who doesnt read quest text care enough to start debating the lore? It's just asking to be shot down when you eventually say something you have no idea is actually explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine the forums has a slightly larger than average amount of players that read quest text actually. Or at least the ones that actually debate the lore.
    Why would anyone who doesnt read quest text care enough to start debating the lore? It's just asking to be shot down when you eventually say something you have no idea is actually explained.
    I mean, you don't need to read quest texts to know about the lore. You can get the gist of the lore by just watching the post quest talks and cutscenes. But does the majority of the people, especially on here, actually read quest texts? Fat chance.